There are 155 users in the forums

Frank Gore Not Thrilled by a Three-Headed Backfield

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dald1
  • Veteran
i love gore but he is just not the explosive back that we need for a change of pace, he needs to learn to share and b a big boy lol
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Frank's on his last legs. Time to start thinking about the future.

This thread is a bunch of BS, Gore has been an all pro for the 49ers with some of the worst talent in the league the last few years and one of our best players, hell one of our only players on O and now u fools just want to tell him to take a hike cause ur all over Mr done nothing in the nfl CJ Spiller.

You people forget fast, Gore has been one of the best RB`s in the league with one of the worst OL`s period.

Saying he`s on his last legs makes me laugh, I can not wait until we have a legit OL and Gore with his REBUILT KNEES/SHOULDERS out runs and out works these other RB`s that are injury free, have top speed and some of the best OL`s in the business. as he usually does every year...

Look at gore`s stats, he actually does better most of the time on alot less carries.
Give gore a good OL and he will bring home a rushing title.

Well i hate to break it to you but CJ Spiller will be long gone by the 13th pick. Count on it.

I have a better idea. Give gore a REAL OL and he`s going to make very good D`s look foolish without that top speed that most other top backs have.

More Gore!

btw, i just posted that to get a rise out of someone. I WIN! Gore is the F'n man! But wouldn't mind him sharing carries with a back like spiller.
btw, i just posted that to get a rise out of someone. I WIN! Gore is the F'n man! But wouldn't mind him sharing carries with a back like spiller.

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

This thread is a bunch of BS, Gore has been an all pro for the 49ers with some of the worst talent in the league the last few years and one of our best players, hell one of our only players on O and now u fools just want to tell him to take a hike cause ur all over Mr done nothing in the nfl CJ Spiller.

You people forget fast, Gore has been one of the best RB`s in the league with one of the worst OL`s period.

Saying he`s on his last legs makes me laugh, I can not wait until we have a legit OL and Gore with his REBUILT KNEES/SHOULDERS out runs and out works these other RB`s that are injury free, have top speed and some of the best OL`s in the business. as he usually does every year...

Look at gore`s stats, he actually does better most of the time on alot less carries.

Well i hate to break it to you but CJ Spiller will be long gone by the 13th pick. Count on it.

I have a better idea. Give gore a REAL OL and he`s going to make very good D`s look foolish without that top speed that most other top backs have.

More Gore!

Wait, so you're saying Spiller is talented enough to be a top 10 pick but you don't want him because he'd take carries away from Gore? NEWSFLASH DUDE: SPILLER DOES OTHER THINGS BESIDES RUN THE BALL, THINGS THAT WE NEED. TAKING 5-7 CARRIES FROM GORE PER GAME ISN'T GOING TO RUIN GORE'S CAREER.
Gore has been a beast and I understand his dislike of sharing duties at RB. He has to take the long view and do what is best for the team AND him. Having a change of pace back, who can give him a break and give the offense different options, will lengthen his career and really help the team.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

More Gore!

Wait, so you're saying Spiller is talented enough to be a top 10 pick but you don't want him because he'd take carries away from Gore? NEWSFLASH DUDE: SPILLER DOES OTHER THINGS BESIDES RUN THE BALL, THINGS THAT WE NEED. TAKING 5-7 CARRIES FROM GORE PER GAME ISN'T GOING TO RUIN GORE'S CAREER.

I`m saying we have a top back in the NFL with one of the worst OL`s in the NFL. I`m saying we need OL more then another RB. I`m also saying WTF to people in this thread that are talking about Gore like he`s just another replaceable RB in the NFL.

We took coffee in the 3rd rd last year and the jury is still very much out on him, I agree Spiller would be a nice addition especially with the KR/PR option but more then anything Im defending Frank Gore, one of the best 49ers RB`s in the history of the 49ers.

Trust me spiller will most likey be gone by the 13th pick which should be made on an OT even if spiller is there. 17 would be sweet as would a top tier safety but i really doubt spiller will be there..

This is a frank gore thread anyways...

Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k CJ SPiller

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 30, 2010 at 13:25:57 ]
Gore can just go-ahead and deal with it. If a Three Headed Backfield gets us more wins...Gore needs to shut up and run harder when he has the ball.
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Gore can just go-ahead and deal with it. If a Three Headed Backfield gets us more wins...Gore needs to shut up and run harder when he has the ball.

plus, I seriously doubt that Coffee would even sniff the field at RB if we picked up Spiller. So more like 2 headed.
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:

plus, I seriously doubt that Coffee would even sniff the field at RB if we picked up Spiller. So more like 2 headed.

I'm holding out hope Coffee will be better this year.

More Gore!

I`m saying we have a top back in the NFL with one of the worst OL`s in the NFL. I`m saying we need OL more then another RB. I`m also saying WTF to people in this thread that are talking about Gore like he`s just another replaceable RB in the NFL.

We took coffee in the 3rd rd last year and the jury is still very much out on him, I agree Spiller would be a nice addition especially with the KR/PR option but more then anything Im defending Frank Gore, one of the best 49ers RB`s in the history of the 49ers.

Trust me spiller will most likey be gone by the 13th pick which should be made on an OT even if spiller is there. 17 would be sweet as would a top tier safety but i really doubt spiller will be there..

f**k CJ SPiller

I dont think anyone is saying that Gore is replaceable. People are saying that he needs to get over the idea of him getting all the carries. The Niners are trying to preserve him for a playoff run. If using a 3 back system is going to get the Niners to the playoffs while preserving Gore, I would hope he could look at the bigger picture.

Edgerrin James having enough in the tank a few years ago was a HUGE reason that the Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl.
Less of Frank Gore will never mean more wins for the 49ers
Less of Frank Gore will never mean more wins for the 49ers

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

More Gore!

f**k CJ SPiller

I dont think anyone is saying that Gore is replaceable. People are saying that he needs to get over the idea of him getting all the carries. The Niners are trying to preserve him for a playoff run. If using a 3 back system is going to get the Niners to the playoffs while preserving Gore, I would hope he could look at the bigger picture.

Edgerrin James having enough in the tank a few years ago was a HUGE reason that the Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl.

Really? With stats like these....

Rushing & ReceivingGlossary ยท
No.Age Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb
34 Tim Hightower 22 rb 16 7 143 399 10 30 2.8 24.9 8.9 34 237 7.0 0 26 2.1 14.8 636 10 2
32 Edgerrin James 30 RB 13 7 133 514 3 35 3.9 39.5 10.2 12 85 7.1 0 16 0.9 6.5 599 3 2
28 J.J. Arrington 25 RET 11 3 31 187 1 30 6.0 17.0 2.8 29 255 8.8 1 35 2.6 23.2 442 2 0
How about these stats, you know, the one that matters?

TD Stats:
06 Pass(2), Rush(10), PR(O), KR(0), 72 Total Points
07 Pass(2), Rush(3), PR(0), KR(2), 42 Total Points
08 Pass(3), Rush(7), PR(0), KR(1), 66 Total Points
09 Pass(4), Rush(12), PR(1), KR(4), and a whopping 128 Total here!!!!!!!

Out of these TDs, most were over 40 yards with many being over 80!

Share 49ersWebzone