There are 173 users in the forums

49ers on NFLN Path to the Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want McNabb because Smith nor Carr can do this...
ya that was right before a playoff game he lost
Originally posted by zozell:

That looks ridiculously gay.

And if Eric Davis wants to trade one or both of our 1sts for McNabb, thank god he's not the GM of the team.
Trust me, I was born in Philly and now live 15 min from Philly... in the heart of eagle country... read my lips WE DONT WANT MCNABB............. if hes such a great qb still why are the eagles willing to take a 2nd rd pick for him?? Think we can get Brady, Manning, Brees hell Rivers, Romo or Big Ben (ok bad example) for a 2nd Rd. pick?? Hell no!! McNabb's numbers are pretty yes but trust me, dig deeper... he has GREAT games vs. washington and cleveland and buffalo and teams like that but look at when he plays teams that are just as good as his perfect example in the playoffs.... McNabb is a true choke artist... ask any eagle fan and they'll tell you b/c they see it EVER season... as soon as something starts to go wrong mcnabb somehow gets hurt. PLEASE NINERS DON'T EVEN TRADE A 5TH RD PICK FOR HIM.............
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Trust me, I was born in Philly and now live 15 min from Philly... in the heart of eagle country... read my lips WE DONT WANT MCNABB............. if hes such a great qb still why are the eagles willing to take a 2nd rd pick for him?? Think we can get Brady, Manning, Brees hell Rivers, Romo or Big Ben (ok bad example) for a 2nd Rd. pick?? Hell no!! McNabb's numbers are pretty yes but trust me, dig deeper... he has GREAT games vs. washington and cleveland and buffalo and teams like that but look at when he plays teams that are just as good as his perfect example in the playoffs.... McNabb is a true choke artist... ask any eagle fan and they'll tell you b/c they see it EVER season... as soon as something starts to go wrong mcnabb somehow gets hurt. PLEASE NINERS DON'T EVEN TRADE A 5TH RD PICK FOR HIM.............

LOL, really? Not even a 5th rounder huh.
A normal draft i would say a 5th rounder but this draft is pretty deep... LOL
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by joeymac49s:

LOL, really? Not even a 5th rounder huh.

The main reason philly is trading McNabb is because of his contract...he is in his contract year. PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD ARE JUST RIDICULOUS SOMETIMES.
One more reason we don't need his headache... btw how come they aren't trading Kolb or Vick?? I only hear trade rumors about McNabb.... funny isn't it?? Like i said, you want to see the real McNabb go back past the years and see the numbers he puts up against bad teams against teams that are half decent... he doesn't rise to the occassion... that's not what you want in a QB. Montana in the Super Bowl had 11 tds and 0 ints. that's called rising to the occassion.... not throwing up on the 50 yard line during what should have been the game winning drive....
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by yummy12:
Everyone outside 49ers front office believe Smith not the long term answer. Anyone surprised by that is kidding themselves...

Which is why we are an 8-8 team, and 5 of those wins came within a horrible division. Everyone sees it except the front office and a bunch of people here on the Zone (big surprise).

I want him to be the man but I agree with you.

well if it makes you feel any better, one of my buds is from philly and a die hard fan and hes begging the 49ers to take him out of philly.

How many come from behind wins does Mcnabb have ? How many superbowls?
Mcnabb had two big games against the cowboys he won neither of them. Gave up in the Superbowl. He would have played poorly against our Niner defense but desean Jackson just kept getting wide open so it was easy for him to pad his stats.

Alex Smith stats 18 Td to Mcnabb 22. Alex 12 int to 10 for McNabb. If Alex played all season he would have had more Td then Mc Nabb.

Mcnabb has talent all over at the Wr and rb position. The niners are just starting to develop those weopons.

In Summary Mcnabb is overated. Even if the cardinals were to get him we would still sweep them next year. Kurt Warner was far better then he will ever be.

COMPLETELY agree. He is a good qb but is overrated....much as most qb's with weapons and an actual OL. If McNabb was on the niners he would do worse in the TD dept and a little better in the turnover dept....but overall, not as big of an upgrade as people think. Let's not forget, PHI has been good for years with or without McNbb....Garcia did well, Feely did ok, Kolb....almost anyone does well b/c of their good OL and offense.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by yummy12:
Everyone outside 49ers front office believe Smith not the long term answer. Anyone surprised by that is kidding themselves...

Which is why we are an 8-8 team, and 5 of those wins came within a horrible division. Everyone sees it except the front office and a bunch of people here on the Zone (big surprise).

I want him to be the man but I agree with you.

well if it makes you feel any better, one of my buds is from philly and a die hard fan and hes begging the 49ers to take him out of philly.

How many come from behind wins does Mcnabb have ? How many superbowls?
Mcnabb had two big games against the cowboys he won neither of them. Gave up in the Superbowl. He would have played poorly against our Niner defense but desean Jackson just kept getting wide open so it was easy for him to pad his stats.

Alex Smith stats 18 Td to Mcnabb 22. Alex 12 int to 10 for McNabb. If Alex played all season he would have had more Td then Mc Nabb.

Mcnabb has talent all over at the Wr and rb position. The niners are just starting to develop those weopons.

In Summary Mcnabb is overated. Even if the cardinals were to get him we would still sweep them next year. Kurt Warner was far better then he will ever be.

I hope absolutely nobody on here is buying what you are selling. Alex Smith doesnt belong in the same conversation as Donovan McNabb. I want Alex to BALL OUT this year but we cannot sit here in denial. If Alex Smith were half as good as McNabb has been nobody would be talking about the 49ers trading for him. If the 49ers decide to go with Alex Smith thats great but dont down McNabb to make yourself feel good about Alex. They are not on the same level. Not even close.

I also hope NOBODY is buying what you are selling....because everyone knows that McNabb would do alot worse as a niner behind NO OL than the Eagles with a very good OL WR whole offense as a matter of fact. Last year McNabb did above average with a very good team and Smith did above average......even VERY GOOD given our offensive situation behind our OL. I seem to remember whenever McNabb has a bad OL game, he does horrible (see many DAL and NYG games) and with our OL i do not think he would do much better than Alex....if not worse.

Nobody is saying Smith is a BETTER QB than McNabb, however, you need to accept reality and see through the lines use your logic and say would McNabb be a better qb if he were on the niners (NO!) and would Alex be a better qb if he were on the eagles (YES!).

So in review, McNabb is a better qb BUT he is on the eagles, a better team with better weapons and an OL with a great OC. Smith is on a far worse offense with a horrible OL and an above average OC. That is a fact.

You say the reason McNabb is being traded is b/c this is his last year of his contract. Well this is also the last year of Brady and Mannings contract. I don't hear any trade rumors about those two? If you honestly believe that the Philadelphia Eagle organazation has the faith in Donovan McNabb that this year w/ the offensive weapons he has and the good D they always have that he will bring them to the Super Bowl but b/c its the last year of his contract so they have to trade him then your crazy. Even with that set of WR's and RB's and that mammoth O-line they still don't have faith that McNabb can get it done. Why?? b/c he never has period!
A couple things,

How did this morph from a discussion about Path to the Draft to a Alex Smith vs Donnovan McNaab debate?

Plus everyone seems to be forgetting that the Niners and Eagles play two different offenses. Niners with the digit system and the Eagles with the WCO. If we were to make this trade it would probably be more comparable to Favre with the Jets(when he had to make that transition) than the Vikings, witch wasn't nearly as good.

Favre Min 4,202 yds 33 tds 7 ints 107.2 rat

Favre Nyj 3,472 yds 22 tds 22 ints 81.0 rat

I am not saying that Alex is the answer, but he did show improvement and a rating only marginally better than Favre's of 08 (81.5 to 81.0) I think after looking at the costs of such a move contracts, forfeited draft picks, resiging Pattrick, Vernon, and Dashaun ect. We should see if continuity(sp?) of system makes a difference for Alex. If not we can make a move for a francise Qb next year.

I guess that is more than a couple of things but oh well.lol
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Who is saying the niners are trying to trade for McNabb? I haven't seen that anywhere but here in the peanut gallery from the usual guys that have no clue what they are talking about. I want to see anything that suggests that everyone outside the front office thinks Smith is not the answer. I guess you guys spewing these numbers have links to back it up? Aside from your supposition, I would say that it doesn't matter what anyone outside the organization one iota. You guys just need to accept the reality of the situation because you just cannot do anything about it.

Why do you need links to find what is all over TV and the internet?? Have you checked any of the articles on the subject?? How about the show that this thread is about where there was a consensus that McNabb would be a good move? The majority of beat writers and TV commentators agree that they should make this move. I dont know about "trying" to make the move because it is just speculation at this point.
Quote:

Aside from your supposition, I would say that it doesn't matter what anyone outside the organization one iota.

The truth is that it seems like this is opposite to me. Most see this as a good move and one that would immediately make us contenders, whether you like McNabb or not. If you dont agree with the move, then that is another thing, but dont put yourself in the category that he is describing as those within the organization that are blind to the situation.

I don't agree with the move.....that's #1.

#2 is that I can honestly give two s**ts what beatwriters and TV commentators opinions are. I read their material for the facts they present, then formulate my own opinion.

I believe totally that McNabb would not be a good fit for this team for a multitude of reasons, all of which have already been stated. We are contenders without him, so what would be the point of giving up a pick and paying him a salary that his old ass simply is not worth? Then having to give him an extension, or worse yet releasing him after one year if/when he sucks? At the very least if Smith doesn't produce it will be a clean break after the season.

But most importantly, HE IS NOT COMING HERE. This has already been clarified, the discussion is moot. The 'consensus'.....is irrelevent. The people that make the decisions have already made them. The Adam Schefters of the world should stfu.

"Alex Smith is our guy moving forward", and that is the only 'consensus' that counts, whether people who don't matter like it or not.

Calm down dude....
u love Alex too much, buts its ok.
I"m sure he'll start, but he will get benched by the 5th game....

LOLLLL UR SO FUNNY DOOD!!!!

Well at least this year all the threads aren't' turning into Hill vs Smith
Originally posted by zozell:

That's actually in large part why lots of people don't like him IMO. He's a goofball and cocky at times and sometimes comes across as arrogant.
Share 49ersWebzone