There are 212 users in the forums

Let us look back to TONY PARRISH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was upset when we released merton hanks! His first game he recorded a sack and a int wit seattle!
Was stoked when shulters replaced hanks nicely! Bummed hanks got old!
Was upset when we released sgt lance shulters! He went on to do naaddda!
Was stoked when we got tony parrish and he filled the role nicely! Was extremely pissed when he got snubbed for arguably 2 probowls. Some say 1 but respectively I say 2! Was worried when parrish broke his leg, but thought he'd come back ok! But to our dismay after injury he slowed down! Then was released and signed and dropped by dallas! Tony parrish had quite a few good to great yrs wit us! His play and work ethic was the definition of class act and badass niner football!

Not comparing the 2 but
Lott missing finger
Parrish missing a nutt

Lol
Originally posted by frankie:
Was upset when we released merton hanks! His first game he recorded a sack and a int wit seattle!
Was stoked when we got tony parrish and he filled the role nicely! Was extremely pissed when he got snubbed for arguably 2 probowls. Some say 1 but respectively I say 2! Was worried when parrish broke his leg, but thought he'd come back ok! But to our dismay after injury he slowed down! Then was released and signed and dropped by dallas! Tony parrish had quite a few good to great yrs wit us! His play and work ethic was the definition of class act and badass niner football!

Not comparing the 2 but
Lott missing finger
Parrish missing a nutt

Lol

If we could find a new safety missing a nutt and a finger we would be set.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
He reminded me of Squirtle

-9fA
Anyone have that clip of Tony Parrish making that amazing sideline interception against the cowboys..someone find it,,,PLEASEEEE
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by Niners99:

this vid kind of outs him...

how does that vid out him? No those weren't his hardest hits and he missed a couple. but they weren't bad. Most that vid, he still does a good job tackling. some of the plays they try to circle "him" but if you look at the number it isn't. Mike Rumph was one of the plays.

the vid isnt outing him on being a bad tackler, its outing him on being a 'hard hitter'. he does lay his shoulder into people and knock teeth loose like people thought he did. like i said, he wasnt John Lynch. he made a couple big hits that got replayed a bunch, which gave this illusion that he was this assassin S that would make you leave on a stretcher.

he was a good tackler, but he took some crappy angles on those plays, and even got pushed around by the ballcarrier a few times.
Someone find that INT against the cowboys and post it up..PLZZZ! The sideline interception
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by frankie:

Not comparing the 2 but
Lott missing finger
Parrish missing a nutt

Lol

If we could find a new safety missing a nutt and a finger we would be set.

I was thinking the same thing, lol
I met him at Valley Fair Mall in 04 or 05. I talked to him real quick and shook his hand, he said how the defense was going to get better. Didn't pan out that way but he was really cool and a real gentleman.
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8003b2a2/Cowboys-34-49ers-31[/video]
theres the link to the highlights of the game.

[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Mar 29, 2010 at 16:13:46 ]
Too bad the niners couldnt get a solid D around him when he was in his prime.

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
T.J Ward the saftey from Oregon coming out in this draft reminds me A LOT of Parrish. Both extremely tough safteys with similar builds.

TJ= TP #2

not a bad comparison
Yet, nobody posted up TONY PARRISH'S amazing sideline interception. maybe the best INT ever, from that same cowboys game.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
He reminded me of Squirtle

Squirtle, Skull Bash now!
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Yet, nobody posted up TONY PARRISH'S amazing sideline interception. maybe the best INT ever, from that same cowboys game.

Couldn't find it man.

I tried, i was at that game when it happened. One of the best moments i've witnessed.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Couldn't find it man.

I tried, i was at that game when it happened. One of the best moments i've witnessed.

I know man! I was watching it on the T.V. and my JAWWW DROPPED. Especially when he replayed it! Does anyone have access to tapes or have this game recorded, that can please post up a video. ITS AMAZING.
Share 49ersWebzone