LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Players that should be worried

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why does Lawson get the blame for Suckass Sopoaga?

If J.Smith was on Manny's end , BEST BELIEVE MANNY WOULD BE A SACK MASTER.

F.U. SOPOAGA.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
why would manny lawson have to worry about his job.WHY

He should only be worried if the team finds a better all around 3-4 LB that CAN rush the QB.

Lawson is a great football player and led our team in sacks last year. I would be pretty upset if we did not give him a contract extension.
AGREED! Manny is an all around good player,we would be crazy to let him go...
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:

He should only be worried if the team finds a better all around 3-4 LB that CAN rush the QB.

Lawson is a great football player and led our team in sacks last year. I would be pretty upset if we did not give him a contract extension.

the way that some of these fans here only seem to be able to comprehend
1 stat (sacks) and guage a player's value is sickening...

MANNY LAWSON IS A VERY VERY GOOD SAM OLB!!! he was one of the main
reasons we were pretty good against the run most of last year. This was the
first year he was asked to rush the passer a lot and he progressed as the
year went on, eventually leading our team in sacks as you pointed out.
He will continue to get better in that department as well, IMO.

Of course I only think that cuz I DVR'd all the 9ers games last season and I
rewatch them periodically and isolate on certain players to see who are the
guys not just recording stats but MAKING PLAYS HAPPEN and manny is
DEFINITELY one of the guys making things happen.

If anything I'd like to see parys haralson relegated to 3rd down pass rusher.
He is nowhere near as disruptive vs the run or vs screens to his side as manny.

Manny deserves a nice extension.

I remember plays where it looked as if the opposing team had a huge amount of room to run on the outside and lawson would come out of nowhere and would stop the back at the line or even a yard loss or so. The guy is legit and hasn't reached his potential yet imho.
Parys Haralson, on the other hand, is very overrated. His job is secure though
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Balmer
Briggs
Boone
Norris
D. Evans
R. Smith
Brandon Jones
Jason Hill
Karl Paymah

I can't see Jones on this list, especially since we gave him a 5 year contract. He will be our 3rd or 4th option this season. I don't think he's going anywhere.

The rest I completely agree with.

-9fA
Originally posted by susweel:
Now that McClueless is gone they can dump the developmental picks that McClueless was holding on to.

Cody Wallace
Reggie Smith
Baas
Snyder

They should be very worried about there roster spots.

Lawson, Balmer, Mrob are probably also on shaky ground into the future.

Lawson isn't going anywhere and neither is Snyder since he can back up 4 o-line positions. Balmer could be gone sooner than later.
balmer, mrob, J.Hill should be worried.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Parys Haralson, on the other hand, is very overrated. His job is secure though

Graham at 13 FTW!
Anyone who faces patric willis

Ok he's not DWare, but a guy like him comes once in a decade a guy that can flat out beat 2 guys and just makes qb's go s**t this is going to hurt. There have been great passrushers in the nfl, but there are just a few that are elite like him. I think manny is solid, he can rush he's showed he can hold his edge and he's showed that he can cover anyone with his wing span and speed. The only guy i think could beat Manny happens to be on are team and that's VD the only one with the size and speed thank god he's a niner!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Ok he's not DWare, but a guy like him comes once in a decade a guy that can flat out beat 2 guys and just makes qb's go s**t this is going to hurt. There have been great passrushers in the nfl, but there are just a few that are elite like him. I think manny is solid, he can rush he's showed he can hold his edge and he's showed that he can cover anyone with his wing span and speed. The only guy i think could beat Manny happens to be on are team and that's VD the only one with the size and speed thank god he's a niner!

Cosign
And to top it off the man was like our best or should I say our rt when we had martz! Lawson is doing just fine! Especially since this last season was his first full season back as a starter! Instead of playing here and there our last year with nolan! And when he was on the field wether sp or d he made it count! Blocked punt, or field goals? I forget!
  • OHHWHAT
  • Info N/A
players that should be worried: Tiger Woods, Jesse James these two trying to ruin the game for all of us LOL......I'm thinking Balmer,J.hill,Lawson,and maybe snyder
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Jason Hill.
Originally posted by valrod33:
MROB isnt going anywhere

Tell that to Arnaz Battle. If we draft RB MROB will have to duke it out with somebody.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why does Lawson get the blame for Suckass Sopoaga?

If J.Smith was on Manny's end , BEST BELIEVE MANNY WOULD BE A SACK MASTER.

F.U. SOPOAGA.

Wow, that's somewhat harsh. Ike is a pretty good player, a solid veteran. Manny is a good all around player but I don't think he is strong enought to be a "sackmaster".
Share 49ersWebzone