LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Define a Rebuilding Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Define a Rebuilding Team

None of the above. See, there are teams that 'should' be rebuilding but are not, and teams that have rebuilt but haven't matured yet, and those that are currently in rebuilding. Any of the three can be taking high draft picks every year.

The 49ers fall into the (have rebuilt, but need to mature) category. Sure, they need a couple pieces, but what team doesn't need a couple pieces?

A rebuilding team is one who's roster is in a state of flux. We're talking about purging a large number of players, usually vets. A rebuilding 'usually' includes cleaning out the coaching staff and often the entire front office.

The 49ers aren't doing any of that right now. They are maturing, and need a couple pieces here and there. They will make the playoffs this year, and then we can get back to complaining about not making it far enough in the playoffs.
Either way you are building, re-building or building really just means you suck or you dont.
I think its a team without a true #1 QB they will always be in limbo unfortunately.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I think its a team without a true #1 QB they will always be in limbo unfortunately.

That is true also. If you have a number one overall pick and he is in a contract year and you are not sure whether to extend him after 5 years of seeing him play. I'd say that equals being in limbo. If this team knew who was their nuimber one QB there wouldn't be so much confusion. But considering they still don't know what they have, I say we better continue rebuilding until we get it right.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

That is true also. If you have a number one overall pick and he is in a contract year and you are not sure whether to extend him after 5 years of seeing him play. I'd say that equals being in limbo. If this team knew who was their nuimber one QB there wouldn't be so much confusion. But considering they still don't know what they have, I say we better continue rebuilding until we get it right.

The confusion is not the QB's fault. The organisation had no plan in place to allow him to develop, surround him with talent, and have a stable philosophy and offensive scheme to even compare one season objectively to the next.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I went with option 4 as well.

My personal breakdown:
32 teams
8 - playoffs (10+ wins)
4 - on the brink (8-9 wins)
8 - mediocre (7-8 wins)
4 - getting out of cellar (6-7 wins)
8 - rebuilding (0-5 wins)

Yes, the wins are overlapped. You can make an argument about where you're headed with cap space, young stars etc.

-9fA

We could just as easily be mediocre by that definition.

Yup, you can make a good argument for that.

-9fA
The Rams.
This yrs browns! Hired holmgren, dropped everyone with in last 2 seasons, b edwards, winslow jr, both their revolving door qbs! Did they keep jamal lewis? Also lettin loose their linebacker, ?forget his name at the moment! And all they have is josh cribs!
Share 49ersWebzone