LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

NFLTA states we are rebuilding

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by danimal:
What kind of stupid headline is that for the 10' 49ers. Sensational much?

Friggin idiots. Yes a GM replacement is huge, but it does not make us a rebuilding team.

I wish we were a rebuilding team

wtf? why
I think we are the favorites to win the NFC West in 2010 and I fully expect us to win the NFC West. Now that may only take 9 wins but still that would be nice and we are not rebuilding. We did not cut good players to save money and get younger players. Our roster is intact and we got 2 first rd picks to add our roster.

Were in good shape, IMO
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Well we did pretty good for a rebuilding team, considering we damn near swept the division.

Yea and lost every road game against real competition and couldn't beat a very bad Seattle team with a chance to catch Arizona. until they win or achieve something they are rebuilding imo. They are definitely out of the bottom feeding team category though.

We almost beat Minn and Indy....those should of been wins

And the thing is, I believed beforehand that we couldve beat them, and still believe if we played them again now, we could beat them. (Well at least in 2010, we'll get to play Philly again; and we're going to beat them. I know we can! And we can beat San Diego.) We're coming.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

Friggin idiots. Yes a GM replacement is huge, but it does not make us a rebuilding team.

wtf? why

you can't have an argument when everyone has a different definition of "rebuilding"

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139590

So let me try to clear my statement up.

My definition(not the right one, just mine).....is a "rebuilding" team are only teams who have a gutted nucleus and are basically starting from scratch. In my definition of rebuilding you are only rebuilding for 1-3 seasons tops. Further, in my definition of rebuilding, the standings are not even a factor.

The reason I wish we were a rebuilding team, is because I have no faith in this Nucleus. And I want a 6th Ring ASAP.

So yes, I wish we were a rebuilding team...completely gutted(save Willis and Crabtree)
In 2010 we won't be rebuilding just ass-beating
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
In 2010 we won't be rebuilding just ass-beating
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

wtf? why

you can't have an argument when everyone has a different definition of "rebuilding"

My definition(not the right one, just mine).....is a "rebuilding" team are only teams who have a gutted nucleus and are basically starting from scratch. In my definition of rebuilding you are only rebuilding for 1-3 seasons tops. Further, in my definition of rebuilding, the standings are not even a factor.

The reason I wish we were a rebuilding team, is because I have no faith in this Nucleus. And I want a 6th Ring ASAP.

So yes, I wish we were a rebuilding team...completely gutted(save Willis and Crabtree)

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

wtf? why

Yeah, cause who likes a TE that can score 13 TDs or a RB that can rush 1695yds?
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
rebuilding is when you tear down the house and start from scratch. the 49ers are NOT rebulding. the 49ers are contuing to improve

We did tear down the house. We now have everything in place except the O line, and the qb might be a question mark..

Might?!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by pd24:
rebuilding is when you tear down the house and start from scratch. the 49ers are NOT rebulding. the 49ers are contuing to improve

We did tear down the house. We now have everything in place except the O line, and the qb might be a question mark..

Might?!

If Alex plays well, it won't be a question mark. He played well most of last year, just has to do it again through 16 games and we should be set at QB.

Well we did pretty good for a rebuilding team, considering we damn near swept the division.

Yea and lost every road game against real competition and couldn't beat a very bad Seattle team with a chance to catch Arizona. until they win or achieve something they are rebuilding imo. They are definitely out of the bottom feeding team category though.

We almost beat Minn and Indy....those should of been wins

and they loss thus they still rebuilding if they beat those teams get in the playoffs then they have achieved something and are out of the rebuilding category imo.

Losing on a last second pass from Bret and holding Manning to 0 TD's doesn't = rebuilding in my eyes.....in means the chips didn't fall our way. If you look at the injuries we had and the effect they had that was a big part of the problem. Unfortunately we were very unlucky last year, were only 1-2 starters away from being very good....that's a far shot from being in "rebuilding mode".

that means nothing to me they have to win something or achieve something get a winning record, make a legit play off push. sorry but losing close games doesn't mean anything to me but that they lost. It wasn't about chips falling our way it was about being outplayed and beat by teams executing or just being better. I'm not one for moral victories. Moral victories are only good for message board talk. Win a big game. The o line has been in rebuild mode for 8 years now minus one great year in 06. The qb situation is still in the air. Rebuilding is over when the house is finally built. And this house has a hole in the roof with the qb situation. It's wait and see how he will perform. You saying they are 1 or 2 players away to means they are still rebuilding. And this doesn't mean they are terrible or the team stinks but they are still rebuilding. I think we all just have different definitions.
You guys are crazy if you don't think we are rebuilding.....we won't stop rebuilding until we have ACTUAL results.

[ Edited by Youngone on Mar 29, 2010 at 09:09:00 ]
Originally posted by dbdublin:

We started from scratch in '05. We were basically an expansion team. The team is much more talented now. If we can get 3 or 4 good players in the draft we should be a very good team in the next couple of years assuming our QB comes into his own. The guys on NFLN, Solomon Wilcotts and Tory Holt, certainly seemed to think so the other night.

Yeah, but what was up with them talking as if we don't get it done this year we have no shot in future years? Even if Alex dosen't work out we have a group of young talented players for the forseeeable future(Crabs, Vernon, Pattrick, plus Frank isn't that old 27).

Watch the video it is attatched to this article to see what I am talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81737545&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Originally posted by wailers15:

IT's THE NFC WEST!

I'm not sure if you realize but the NFC West has had a SB representative two out of the last three seasons and will have a third in four when SF makes it this year!!
Teams with good QB's make the playoffs. Teams without don't -- and perpetually rebuild. Look at the Detroit Lions, for example. How many times have the powers that be torn that team down and started over?

I would say that we're "adding pieces" right now instead of a full rebuild.

But next year is key -- especially for Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone