LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

9ers Hitting OTAs early

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
all the people getting too excited, just remember these two walkthroughs in March are gonna throw off all of the teams timing come the regular season. TRUST ME, the whole time space continuum will be ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
We all no Dat AliX thru dose passes 10 feet to hi n n da durt. Crabtreee still cot dem D-SPITE ALiX LeeF! Alix SuX! Cut hmm KNOW!!!11!

Better?

But seriously - do these 4 passes mean much in the big picture? No effin' way.

Is it better than hearing that Smith missed his WRs and Crabs dropped everything that came his way? You bet.

Maybe, just maybe, it is the start of some good chemistry. We shall see.
all the people getting too excited, just remember these two walkthroughs in March are gonna throw off all of the teams timing come the regular season. TRUST ME, the whole time space continuum will be ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all no Dat AliX thru dose passes 10 feet to hi n n da durt. Crabtreee still cot dem D-SPITE ALiX LeeF! Alix SuX! Cut hmm KNOW!!!11!

Better?

Is it better than hearing that Smith missed his WRs and Crabs dropped everything that came his way? You bet.

This
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Per David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, cornerback Nate Clements, linebacker Manny Lawson, nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin, running back Michael Robinson, and cornerback Shawntae Spencer are not present.

Well, well, well. Franklin I understand because he's been franchised and this is how player "protest" to being franchised.

Nate Clements - vet and is excued
Spencer - vet and is borderline excused

Robinson and Lawson? Really?

These guys have THE most to prove
- especially Robinson who may not make the roster if we draft a CJ Spiller type. He's the first to go. If I were Robinson, there's no way I miss any OTAs. Kids, this is what you call a dumb career decision. As for Lawson, again don't let someone step up and look equal or even possible surpass him.

Just my 2 cents.

I thought Lawson was our 2nd best all around LB.

contract year for Manny and if you see the Niners draft a OLB high it's gonna be his replacement. Brooks already takes his spot on pass rushing downs making Manny a 2 down linebacker.

Per David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, cornerback Nate Clements, linebacker Manny Lawson, nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin, running back Michael Robinson, and cornerback Shawntae Spencer are not present.

Well, well, well. Franklin I understand because he's been franchised and this is how player "protest" to being franchised.

These guys have THE most to prove - especially Robinson who may not make the roster if we draft a CJ Spiller type. He's the first to go. If I were Robinson, there's no way I miss any OTAs. Kids, this is what you call a dumb career decision. As for Lawson, again don't let someone step up and look equal or even possible surpass him.

Just my 2 cents.

were they excused by the team or that's just your theory? I just bet they aren't showing up b/c it's march and they are enjoying the offseason
I disagree, if they let manny go it would be a huge mistake. I think Parys better start looking over his shoulder.

They would more than likely slide Brooks to take Parys spot. Willis, VD, Goldson, and Manny all have new contracts on the horizon. He's the odd man out and definitely last on the priority list to get resigned. can't keep everybody and if they building through the draft you draft replacements for guys you don think you can retain. If you do then great but if you don't then you don't have a whole in your roster.

Better?

It doesn't mean jack, but it's still good to hear.
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
Baha, you fools. Sing won't even be at the OTAs, instead he will undermine the scouting process. Leave it to the coordinators, then yell at them for their incompetence while reverting back to "punch-mouth, destroy, tough, disciplined, socks off" trigger words - because X's and O's means hugs and kisses to Michael.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/singletary-hits-road-to-scout-turns-over-otas-to-49ers-coordinators.html

We, as fans need to call the Yorks on the attempt to bring down the red-n-gold. First thing, dump Sing or throw him back into a seasonal motivator role with a suit, and maybe a high school playbook.

Quote:
Smith noted that the 49ers practiced blitz pickup today, a phase of the offense they normally wouldn't have had until the summer. "I can't tell you how nice it is to come out here and how much further ahead we are then a year ago," Smith said.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/smith-niners-mu.html#ixzz0jbIPeqwz

Finally, starting at step 8, rather than step 1 in OTAs.

I am excited for next season.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I am excited for next season.

well said.

You mean "ruint" don't you?

"Th hole time space continuuum will be ruint!"

I ken see it already: December, and the Niners go three and out on O in the second quarter of a game--Damn OTAs in March!!!

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Mar 29, 2010 at 14:11:43 ]

It's just OTA's. Most teams don't even have OTA's and if they do, I can assure you most of that teams top players aren't there either.
It's voluntarily
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It's just OTA's. Most teams don't even have OTA's and if they do, I can assure you most of that teams top players aren't there either.

all teams have OTA's.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Quote:
This is how preparation for '10 season begins: In 11-on-11 drill, 49ers QB Alex Smith opens with 4 straight completions to Michael Crabtree.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco/status/11262409238

Championship . . .

its clear when alex gets in trouble he looks 4 vernon hopefully with crab there he can can build a wicked chemistry with another off weapon that would be awesome for us and make us less predictable
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by pd24:

These guys have THE most to prove
- especially Robinson who may not make the roster if we draft a CJ Spiller type. He's the first to go. If I were Robinson, there's no way I miss any OTAs. Kids, this is what you call a dumb career decision. As for Lawson, again don't let someone step up and look equal or even possible surpass him.

Just my 2 cents.

I thought Lawson was our 2nd best all around LB.

contract year for Manny and if you see the Niners draft a OLB high it's gonna be his replacement. Brooks already takes his spot on pass rushing downs making Manny a 2 down linebacker.

These guys have THE most to prove - especially Robinson who may not make the roster if we draft a CJ Spiller type. He's the first to go. If I were Robinson, there's no way I miss any OTAs. Kids, this is what you call a dumb career decision. As for Lawson, again don't let someone step up and look equal or even possible surpass him.

Just my 2 cents.

were they excused by the team or that's just your theory? I just bet they aren't showing up b/c it's march and they are enjoying the offseason
I disagree, if they let manny go it would be a huge mistake. I think Parys better start looking over his shoulder.

They would more than likely slide Brooks to take Parys spot. Willis, VD, Goldson, and Manny all have new contracts on the horizon. He's the odd man out and definitely last on the priority list to get resigned. can't keep everybody and if they building through the draft you draft replacements for guys you don think you can retain. If you do then great but if you don't then you don't have a whole in your roster.

if ur refering to parys as the last on the prority list to get signed, he just got a 5yr 15 mil contract extension
Share 49ersWebzone