LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

9ers on NFL Network 3/25

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
I liked the segment. I agree & hope we address the o-line.

Our oline is def the weak spot of the team. Imagine how better the offense will be if we get two of the scrubs that are starting right now on the bench where they belong.
Originally posted by PTulini:
#13- OT Trent Williams

#17- OG Mike Iupati

hands down that would be the best option for this club! It's worked for the Jets when they drafted D-Brick & Mangold in the same draft. i think we should go this route.
also jacksonville last year took OT with the first 2 picks last year, eugene monroe and eben britton
damn i missed it, i'ma try to catch it again
people act like If we draft 2 o linman they are a lock to be quality NFl starters.. Most people want to forget Kwame and dont like Bass...there are no guarentees!!!
  • mikeNY49
  • Info N/A
http://nabmcnabb.com Take the poll if you wish the niners would try to wheel and deal for mcnabb!!
NFL Total Access: State of the 49ers
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
#13- OT Trent Williams

#17- OG Mike Iupati

How likely is it that Trent Williams is still gonna be there at #13?

Are you sure Iupati is good value at #17, when it seems pretty obvious that he's one of several interior linemen who will be available, and several of them will be there in the Second Round. So why pass on some more elite guy at #17 to take Iupati?

The Senior Bowl showed that Iupati is a Guard, not a tackle. The Combine showed that he's big, but he's not especially fast, or quick, or strong. So why take him at #17 when we could get Pouncey or Asamoah at #49, or after, and use #17 for, oh, I don't know, even a guy like SPILLER might be more bang for the buck.

Just askin.

We'd be using him at Guard. new line if this draft went down

Staley...Iupati...Heitmann...Rachal...Williams

Very young but Solari has been known to get rookies on the field and play well

Take out Rachal and insert Pitts!! Now we have something.
spiller is the next chris johnson.......thats worth more than 10 lupati's.

Thanks

they were actually saying Alex has done well and all stated that he would most likely do better with the same OC 2 years in a row.....and with a better OL, only better. And they mentioned Crabtree will be a great player. Oh and we have Gore and Davis and a very good Defense.

A RT will help and we need one very badly. I just wish people would see that Spiller would help as well. Even if he is like Bush, that still helps a team tremendously. Look at what Bush did for the Saints....even as a backup RB that catches screens runs a few times a game, and returns punts.

I say take Spiller with 13 and the RT at 17. If the top 4 Tackles are gone by 17, then we may be a little screwed, but i think the 4th tackle will be better than what we have now and improve our team. Plus we would have a great backup and game changer to Gore, because Coffee is solid but not good yet
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Torry Holt and Solomon Wilcots actually both really liked our team except they both dislike our OL and they want us to draft Williams and Iupati. They think that if we can protect Smith he'll do well and if we can open up more holes for Gore we'll be a special team.

And I FULLY AGREE!

Specially with Sterling Sharpe's idea of just drafting o-line in the entire first round. -Cause face it, we all want Spiller/some other hood ornament but we gotta fix that line, it's trash, and people just can't face the reality that we really only have 2 players on the line (right now) that would be starters on any other NFL playoff-caliber team (Staley/Heitmann).

Gotta build the car before installing the stereo and leopard seat covers!

What good is building the car when you still got a pile of sh!t driving it?
Originally posted by Snider8706:
spiller is the next chris johnson.......thats worth more than 10 lupati's.

In saying that...I think you have forgotten that the Titans boast one of the NFL's best offensive lines on a yearly basis, which made a guy such as Johnson a luxury. Since the 49ers do not, Spiller is a pick that is nothing but window dressing on a team that still cannot open holes.

Iupati I think is the no-brainer for this team at 17. The guy I really like at #13 is Anthony Davis. I know he has had some consistency issues, however, it has only to do with his weight and NOT his play. Being from Jersey, I can tell you firmly that this kid can ball his ass off. He has always needed a coach like Singletary, one who preaches nastiness on his offensive line.
i like the picks but i think williams is going to be gone by then i wouldnt mind if we tried to trade up from 13 to make sure we get a good o lineman like okung or just to be sure we get williams in the second i would like us to get mccluster if hes still their to solidify our return game
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Wow, one day and the link is already gone. Weak
Share 49ersWebzone