LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Steve Young as a GM?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
For a while now it seem that Young has wanted to be involved with the 49ers and is always offering his ideas on whaqt he thinks the FO should do. Do you guys think there is any chance he can be the Niners next GM, and would you guys like the idea of Young as the Niners GM.
Why would he want that job? His job is more cushy now and he has tons of money accumulated from his playing days.
this has to be a joke
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Are you nuts? He never has held an NFL job outside of Hall of Fame quarterback. We don't need any more learn on the job people.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why would he want that job? His job is more cushy now and he has tons of money accumulated from his playing days.

It seems like he wants to be more involved in building a team, just from his comments on KNBR and the fact that he and Jones wanted to buy the Niners. Do you think he can be a GM, or do you think he would fail?
Would rather QB Coach
I could picture him working with Eddie D. With the current setup no.
Originally posted by pd24:

It seems like he wants to be more involved in building a team, just from his comments on KNBR and the fact that he and Jones wanted to buy the Niners. Do you think he can be a GM, or do you think he would fail?

He's a better GM than what we have. But then again we don't have a GM...
Well, seeing as how he doesn't have any experience in an NFL Front Office, he would probably have to start as some kind of assistant/apprentice and work his way up from there. Would he want to do that? I highly doubt it.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Mar 25, 2010 at 09:03:44 ]

He's a very smart man. He's a lawyer and he says the same things over and over again on ESPN. I think someone of his intellect would want a new challenge

Originally posted by global_nomad:

He's a very smart man. He's a lawyer and he says the same things over and over again on ESPN. I think someone of his intellect would want a new challenge

To make over probably $1 Million per year to say bullsh** and have an already super high net worth of tens of millions and to only have to work part time (part of the year) wouldn't be appealing to you?

Nope, not a single problem with this idea, not at all...

Originally posted by pd24:
For a while now it seem that Young has wanted to be involved with the 49ers and is always offering his ideas on whaqt he thinks the FO should do. Do you guys think there is any chance he can be the Niners next GM, and would you guys like the idea of Young as the Niners GM.

Chances are he wouldn't take it, but I like the idea of Steve Young as the Niners GM.
Don't feed the troll
He wants to buy the team, and Singletary would be let go cause he would want to build a WCO team.
Share 49ersWebzone