There are 217 users in the forums

To Everyone who said Joe Staley isnt Over-Paid (and Under-Talented)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"According to that formula, Joe Staley is the league's highest paid offensive lineman. Now Staley might very well justify his lucrative standing, but I wouldn't say he's the league's best lineman."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=59877#ixzz0jAi7aa6k
Third Paragraph..........
All that money for a guy who was badly outplayed by everyones Boy, Barry BadAss Sims.......
Let the Hate Begin

[ Edited by YorkHater on Mar 25, 2010 at 00:40:32 ]
That formula is worthless, everyone Knows Staley isn't the highest paid OL/OT, move along from this thread
Originally posted by Psinex:

LOLWTF
if you average it out over the life of his contract i think he is around 5 mil or so. That is not over or underpaid.
What does that picture have to do with anything? Is that McClueless' new job?
But here's the fact...

WE NEED HIM LONG TERM. His value to our team is what's important.
Originally posted by YorkHater:
"According to that formula, Joe Staley is the league's highest paid offensive lineman. Now Staley might very well justify his lucrative standing, but I wouldn't say he's the league's best lineman."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=59877#ixzz0jAi7aa6k
All that money for a guy who was badly outplayed by everyones Boy, Barry BadAss Sims.......
Let the Hate Begin

highest paid ? i've seriously never thought of him as an elite offensive tackle... hes good, but damn..
God damn some people are dumb. Joe staleys contract is a great one. It frees up future money for other players. It is the same thing they did with Nate. And they will probably do with Willis.

Well, look at how that calculation was done and you will see how ridiculous it is. Lynch takes the number calculated from the franchise and transition tags this year to come to his conclusion. But this is only a one-year calculation and only takes into account who got the biggest salary-cap number in that particular year. Teams who are good at managing the salary cap can manipulate those numbers to make the deal more team-friendly in the long term.

That is what the Niners did, if you look at what other sources reported, including Matt Maiocco , ESPNĀ“s John Clayton and PFT (twice) you will see that the average salary per year is a bit below 5 million.

This is certainly good money, but it hardly makes Staley the best-paid left tackle in the NFL. PFT for example has some comparisons with other LTs and the high mark for Tackles in the NFL right now is around 10 million per year, which is what guys like Jake Long or Jason Peters are getting and which is almost double the amount Staley gets.

So, the Niners did some funny salary cap magic so Staleys deal looks inflated the first year (which shows in the franchise number) and after that is very team-friendly and does not make him the top-paid tackle. PFT, in their typical cynical way even guesses that Staley may be very unhappy in a few years because he might end up being seriously underpaid compared to other tackles.

Let the Hate Begin

Keep on TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN'

Originally posted by Niners99:

Let the Hate Begin

Keep on TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN'

The hate has already began with the creation of your username.
Staley is one of the most overrated players on the team. He is average, but treated as though he is irreplaceable @LT. I think he played better on the right personaly.
Share 49ersWebzone