There are 146 users in the forums

MM's once a month sucking of Alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was lucky enough to watch Montana and Young so I've seen what great quarterback play is.

You can say I was spoiled because I got to watch two HOFs but guess what? Great franchises like the Yankees, Lakers, etc..... have great expectations sometimes unrealistic ones.

The fact is, is that even the Alex Smith supporters/stans have given him one more year to prove himself. That should be enough to tell you how close or FAR AWAY he is from being a franchise QB.

And if Jed York and Singletary are so confident in him, then they should extend his contract.....oh wait they haven't. I wonder why.....

If you don't like the harsh criticism of Alex Smith, deal with it....

Where is the David Baas bandwagon btw? Surely the turnover in the coaching staff, position coaches, offensive coordinators, and offensive scheme, has prevented him from reaching his Pro Bowl potential.

Haterz 1 - Stans 0
I dont understand why Alex Smith continues to be a hot topic.

I think everybody understands that this is Alex Smiths last chance if he does well then his contract will be extended, if he fails then we dont re-sign him.

I dont get the people who say well why havent the Niners extended his contract, that must mean something

All that means is the 9ers gave this guy a lot of money with his first contract and if he wants another one he is gonna have to prove it on the field this time. They are not gonna give him another huge contract based on potential this time.

Does Alex deserve a chance to start next year, I say yes some say no. The fact is that as of right now The 49ers are saying he is the starter next year and thats all that matters.

Some games Alex played well and some games he didnt but lets see what he can do with a full offseason with no major changes to the offense and surrounded with some actual talent.

GO 9ers
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont understand why Alex Smith continues to be a hot topic.

I think everybody understands that this is Alex Smiths last chance if he does well then his contract will be extended, if he fails then we dont re-sign him.

I dont get the people who say well why havent the Niners extended his contract, that must mean something

All that means is the 9ers gave this guy a lot of money with his first contract and if he wants another one he is gonna have to prove it on the field this time. They are not gonna give him another huge contract based on potential this time.

Does Alex deserve a chance to start next year, I say yes some say no. The fact is that as of right now The 49ers are saying he is the starter next year and thats all that matters.

Some games Alex played well and some games he didnt but lets see what he can do with a full offseason with no major changes to the offense and surrounded with some actual talent.

GO 9ers

You said it perfectly, and i dont know why it's soo hard to accept!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I was lucky enough to watch Montana and Young so I've seen what great quarterback play is.

You can say I was spoiled because I got to watch two HOFs but guess what? Great franchises like the Yankees, Lakers, etc..... have great expectations sometimes unrealistic ones.

The fact is, is that even the Alex Smith supporters/stans have given him one more year to prove himself. That should be enough to tell you how close or FAR AWAY he is from being a franchise QB.

And if Jed York and Singletary are so confident in him, then they should extend his contract.....oh wait they haven't. I wonder why.....

Where is the David Baas bandwagon btw? Surely the turnover in the coaching staff, position coaches, offensive coordinators, and offensive scheme, has prevented him from reaching his Pro Bowl potential.

Haterz 1 - Stans 0

Damn, watching a couple of Hall of Fame Qbs makes one an expert in Qb play? I should apply for a job with an NFL team as a talent scout. My resume would include that I have been watching football sine the early 70’s, have watched numerous hall of fame Qbs to include the great Joe Montana and Steve Young. That should get me a job right away………..

Reality check: Watching a Qb does not make you an expert. That said, many on here think that they are expert talent evaluators because they watch football every Saturday and Sunday.

The problem here is that some fans are arrogant imbeciles who think they know everything there is to know about football yet they are sitting behind a TV every Sunday watching the game and screaming at the TV.

As a fan, it is normal to be critical of a player. That said, when our criticism becomes unjustified and we choose not to identify or consider any positives about a player we have delved in the realm of total and complete bias which makes one look like an idiot.

Alex Smith has had moments where one wonders what in the he** is going on. However there have been times where he has come out and played extremely well. If one was objective they would consider what he did well and consider his flaws. As there really is not a viable alternative to Alex this year, one would be best suited to watch closely and see if there continues to be an improvement. If not, he is gone.

I am interested to see if given an entire off-season to gear an offense to Alex’s strengths, our OC can put a game plan together that best suits our offense.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

my evolution of emotions upon seeing that play haha

Haterz 1 - Stans 0

Bravo!!!

Great points and well said man!
Off topic, but there is no bigger homer than Bob Fitzgerald for the Warriors.
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:

Haterz 1 - Stans 0

Damn, watching a couple of Hall of Fame Qbs makes one an expert in Qb play? I should apply for a job with an NFL team as a talent scout. My resume would include that I have been watching football sine the early 70’s, have watched numerous hall of fame Qbs to include the great Joe Montana and Steve Young. That should get me a job right away………..

Reality check: Watching a Qb does not make you an expert. That said, many on here think that they are expert talent evaluators because they watch football every Saturday and Sunday.

The problem here is that some fans are arrogant imbeciles who think they know everything there is to know about football yet they are sitting behind a TV every Sunday watching the game and screaming at the TV.

As a fan, it is normal to be critical of a player. That said, when our criticism becomes unjustified and we choose not to identify or consider any positives about a player we have delved in the realm of total and complete bias which makes one look like an idiot.

Alex Smith has had moments where one wonders what in the he** is going on. However there have been times where he has come out and played extremely well. If one was objective they would consider what he did well and consider his flaws. As there really is not a viable alternative to Alex this year, one would be best suited to watch closely and see if there continues to be an improvement. If not, he is gone.

I am interested to see if given an entire off-season to gear an offense to Alex’s strengths, our OC can put a game plan together that best suits our offense.

Quote:

Where is he claiming to be an expert or where do you see the arrogance in his comments?

Quote:

Its not that we don't acknowledge the improvement or the spurts of good play. You would be an idiot not to see how well he performed in Houston last year, for example. Its the fact that we don't agree with the assumption that giving him more time to "develop" would turn him into the pro-bowl QB we all expect to see. The reality is that he has had his time to learn and he has this year to prove himself, as you've pointed out, and if he doesn't, then he is gone.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but that has been my stance for a long time now. If he fails again this season it will support the opinion of many who thought he never had the "it" to become successful. If he performs well, then we were wrong in our assessments and he will be prove that he can win the big one if he has the the right system + players around him.
MM's latest tweet regarding Alex:

No. Doubt he'll ever be one. But he hasn't reached his ceiling yet, either. RT @adambb18 Do u consider Alex Smith a Franchise QB?

Un-homer enough for everyone?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mickey49:

No. Doubt he'll ever be one. But he hasn't reached his ceiling yet, either. RT @adambb18 Do u consider Alex Smith a Franchise QB?

He probably read my post about his sucking. He knows Im on to him.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

Typical MM

♪♫¡¡Dunn, donn, dhunnn!!♪♫

What happened to the "sucking of Alex" by MM?

Originally posted by Dominate:
I blame unedumcated fans for the hate of Alex!

That's funny, because the fans who oppose Alex Smith seem to have great arguments on their side. Not to say that Alex supporters don't have good points of their own. Both have legit arguments, which is a very bad thing for us.

I guess I would be placed in the group who "hate" Alex Smith because I always see Smith lovers saying the most homerish things about the guy and I have to say something. I do not hate Alex, but speaking the truth often means pointing out flaws that others are clearly overlooking, which results in people resorting to the "hater" label.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Well I guess he just has to balance things out to make up for the bulls**t some of the Smith-haters spew.

By contributing to the bullsh*t some of the Smith-lovers spew?
I don't HATE Alex Smith.

I HATE the people who drafted him and the people who refuse to cut him
Share 49ersWebzone