LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

MM's once a month sucking of Alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This question is for the Smith haters ONLY. Since I seem to do such a goob job shutting down Smith hater threads with this question I figured I'll ask it here as well.

Top QB's in the NFL (in no order):

Peyton/Eli Manning
Rothlisberger
Rivers
Brees
Favre
Romo
Rodgers
Brady
Palmer
McNabb

Name just ONE of them that has had to not only learn a new offense in each of their first 5 seasons, but has also had a revolving door at OC and QB coach, such a lack of talent on the offensive line and a head coach that threw them under the bus for attempting to play hurt.

I'm still waiting for my answer to this question. One that Smith haters conveniently overlook because they truly have NO answer for it.

So...don't worry...I'll wait.
Originally posted by susweel:
I partially blame MM for the fans love affair with Alex Smith. Alex may or may not have a good season, most likely it will be average at best. But it sure does seem like MM goes out of his way at least once month to praise Alex and build up false hope in him.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/why-alex-smith-deserves-yorks-vote-of-confidence.html

this guy looks suspect to me since that crabcash signing affair
He just have too much inside info. I think he's easy on the niners on some of the big issues to continue to get info from top sources in the organization
Originally posted by jreff22:

Is that the guy from the Micheal Oher movie ?

Its suswheel sippin' on some haterade
Originally posted by Method:
Susweel, another great post from you. Bravo!

BTW, I totally agree. Alex Smith sucks, hopefully he's cut ASAP so David Carr can become the QB.

I sense some humor in the post. If not then there should be. Carr at least had a better team around him during his first few years in the league and didn't have to switch offenses. Smith has shown promise on the field where Carr hasn't. Not sure why Carr should be handed the job over Smith then.
Originally posted by BayBombers:
Originally posted by excelsior:

But the haters' single-minded obsession can only be described as a psychological disorder, the likely product of emotional scarring that occurred sometime in their earlier lives. Their own feelings of failure and inadequacy is dealt with by convincing themselves that some other high-profile person is a failure too. Truly sad.

Amen.

If only these were the Dr Phil forums than this statement might make sense... but this is a 49ers FOOTBALL forum... not a pansy ass "share your feelings and tribulations, cry on my shoulder and let's talk this out" message board.

Just because Smith fooled Nolan into taking him with the 1st pick and raped the Niners for more cash than what he's worth, it doesn't make him successful... on the football field.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by BayBombers:
Originally posted by excelsior:

But the haters' single-minded obsession can only be described as a psychological disorder, the likely product of emotional scarring that occurred sometime in their earlier lives. Their own feelings of failure and inadequacy is dealt with by convincing themselves that some other high-profile person is a failure too. Truly sad.

Amen.

If only these were the Dr Phil forums than this statement might make sense... but this is a 49ers FOOTBALL forum... not a pansy ass "share your feelings and tribulations, cry on my shoulder and let's talk this out" message board.

Just because Smith fooled Nolan into taking him with the 1st pick and raped the Niners for more cash than what he's worth, it doesn't make him successful... on the football field.

An as far as the poster above, yet again posting the same drivel and excuses for our wonder boy:

This question is for the Smith haters ONLY. Since I seem to do such a goob job shutting down Smith hater threads with this question I figured I'll ask it here as well.

Top QB's in the NFL (in no order):

Peyton/Eli Manning
Rothlisberger
Rivers
Brees
Favre
Romo
Rodgers
Brady
Palmer
McNabb

Name just ONE of them that has had to not only learn a new offense in each of their first 5 seasons, but has also had a revolving door at OC and QB coach, such a lack of talent on the offensive line and a head coach that threw them under the bus for attempting to play hurt.

I'm still waiting for my answer to this question. One that Smith haters conveniently overlook because they truly have NO answer for it.

So...don't worry...I'll wait. _________ end of one of many excuses, onward>>

Please wait till you turn blue and think up more excuses. Oh Suswell, good job OL chap!

Many of us you call haters, do NOT hate this very nice rich young man who has done nothing to earn the amount of money (freaking millions) he has been paid.

We only hate the way he plays QB for our beloved 49ers. Maybe you can understand this; We don't like him as a football player because his skill set, what there is of it, is so limited and inconsistent to the extreme, it is clear he is not the answer for our team. Unless of course you are happy with 2 rungs lower than mediocrity. Is this clear?

I really, really hope he plays like he was paid this year and proves me wrong, but.. no commentator in the league, that I have read, thinks he will, only some people in here who always... gezzz, what a horrid waste of time.

Where did the "hater" jargon come from anywhere? Elementary school or what?

Sighhhhhhhhhh

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 25, 2010 at 06:20:08 ]
Overall it's just surprising at some of the actual hate for a kid who did nothing to us personally. Now dont get me wrong we are fans, and this is what we do, talk about our likes, dislikes, and things that piss us off. But with us in regards too Smith, soo many of us reach so far in the realm of hate that it's crazy.

I'm shocked that a vet even made this thread. I mean it's crazy. It's like some will root for any QB on our team other than Smith. And in the end who's still here after all this time.

Haterade is a hell of a drug i guess. Some say oh, just because we dont like him makes us haters, and I say, hell no, that aint it. When he has the backing of the organization, your blind to his improvement (and he has improved), and would support everyone on the team to the waterboy but Smith. Then that makes a hater.

I mean Sing, York, Davis, P. Willy, and a few others believe in Smith and that he gives us the best chance to win right now. Matt writes an article that makes sense and he's suckin off Alex because of support. But it's funny that a while ago when Hill was starting, Tim K, both Matts, and even that SFC guy all knocked Smith. Now they are giving him a little love and support and feel he will do great things next season. Or at the very minimum get us to the playoffs for the first time in a while.

And instead of supporting, bias and personal hate is clouding your team support. It's not about Smith only, but they feel he's a part of the solution. Even if just for this season, so why cant we all support. I just dont get it?

I look at it like some of us men and our significant others/and or wives. Now we may feel that we have the prom queen, and someone sees our significant other and say damn, looks like someone punched her in the face with a bag of nickels.
Now does this mean she's ugly as s**t, nope. It means that what you think is beautiful may not be to me.

So the guys writing the articles if you read, make sure they adress the skeptics and especially the ones that just knock the kid continuosly. If the entire organization can see he has something, and a certain group of people cant, then maybe its the groups way of looking at it, and not the organization.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Mar 25, 2010 at 06:24:41 ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Overall it's just surprising at some of the actual hate for a kid who did nothing to us personally. Now dont get me wrong we are fans, and this is what we do, talk about our likes, dislikes, and things that piss us off. But with us in regards too Smith, soo many of us reach so far in the realm of hate that it's crazy.

I'm shocked that a vet even made this thread. I mean it's crazy. It's like some will root for any QB on our team other than Smith. And in the end who's still here after all this time.

Haterade is a hell of a drug i guess. Some say oh, just because we dont like him makes us haters, and I say, hell no, that aint it. When he has the backing of the organization, your blind to his improvement (and he has improved), and would support everyone on the team to the waterboy but Smith. Then that makes a hater.

I mean Sing, York, Davis, P. Willy, and a few others believe in Smith and that he gives us the best chance to win right now. Matt writes an article that makes sense and he's suckin off Alex because of support. But it's funny that a while ago when Hill was starting, Tim K, both Matts, and even that SFC guy all knocked Smith. Now they are giving him a little love and support and feel he will do great things next season. Or at the very minimum get us to the playoffs for the first time in a while.

And instead of supporting, bias and personal hate is clouding your team support. It's not about Smith only, but they feel he's a part of the solution. Even if just for this season, so why cant we all support. I just dont get it?

I look at it like some of us men and our significant others/and or wives. Now we may feel that we have the prom queen, and someone sees our significant other and say damn, looks like someone punched her in the face with a bag of nickels.
Now does this mean she's ugly as s**t, nope. It means that what you think is beautiful may not be to me.

So the guys writing the articles if you read, make sure they adress the skeptics and especially the ones that just knock the kid continuosly. If the entire organization can see he has something, and a certain group of people cant, then maybe its the groups way of looking at it, and not the organization.

I agree with this post, especially the definition of a hater. I would also add, that a hater is unable to give credit to Smith when he does play well, finding one or two throws that were bad (which can be easily found in any game by an NFL quarterback) just as an "alexcuser" will not admit that alex threw bad passes in a game, or made poor decisions.

Also, I think it has become kind of a pride issue at this point. Some of these guys have been hating on Alex for so long, that it has become part of their internet personae. If Smith succeeds, then they look like fools for all their posts these last years.

One example of a hater on this page is the guy who said that Smith is "two rungs below average". That is simply not true statistically. By all numbers last year Smith was average, or slightly above average. If you can't look at Smith objectively on either side (e.g. He has made improvement, he may still not become a star quarterback in this league, this is his make-or-break year, he has some deficiencies, and outside influences of injuries,team talent, continuity, relative youth etc make him a somewhat unique case for a 5 year vet) then you should stop posting.

Finally, if one of your staple responses is that Smith doesn't have the magical "it", then you are a fool. Unless you are a professional talent evaluator, what gives you the credentials to say that Smith has "it"? Also, if you find yourself needing to create another thread that bashes Smith, or if you find yourself feeling like any new quarterback that comes in to town is better than Smith, or if you actually use the term "alexcuses" in a sentence, you are a Hater.
Alex Smith will be packaged with our 2nd round pick for McNadd.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I partially blame MM for the fans love affair with Alex Smith. Alex may or may not have a good season, most likely it will be average at best. But it sure does seem like MM goes out of his way at least once month to praise Alex and build up false hope in him.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/why-alex-smith-deserves-yorks-vote-of-confidence.html

I have been reading MM for a long time and sucking is not what he does.

If you learn to read well, you would note that he has consistently argued that given the circumstances we do not know if Smith is the answer or not.

At worst, he argues that the mouths that roar should wait and see what happens this year.

Not sure how MM would react to your inane choice of words to describe his work, but I think that he might ask you very politely to shut-the-suck-up.

Originally posted by jonr422000:

who does mcnadd play for? is he any good?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

He plays for the Beagles
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

I agree with this post, especially the definition of a hater. I would also add, that a hater is unable to give credit to Smith when he does play well, finding one or two throws that were bad (which can be easily found in any game by an NFL quarterback) just as an "alexcuser" will not admit that alex threw bad passes in a game, or made poor decisions.

Also, I think it has become kind of a pride issue at this point. Some of these guys have been hating on Alex for so long, that it has become part of their internet personae. If Smith succeeds, then they look like fools for all their posts these last years.

One example of a hater on this page is the guy who said that Smith is "two rungs below average". That is simply not true statistically. By all numbers last year Smith was average, or slightly above average. If you can't look at Smith objectively on either side (e.g. He has made improvement, he may still not become a star quarterback in this league, this is his make-or-break year, he has some deficiencies, and outside influences of injuries,team talent, continuity, relative youth etc make him a somewhat unique case for a 5 year vet) then you should stop posting.

Finally, if one of your staple responses is that Smith doesn't have the magical "it", then you are a fool. Unless you are a professional talent evaluator, what gives you the credentials to say that Smith has "it"? Also, if you find yourself needing to create another thread that bashes Smith, or if you find yourself feeling like any new quarterback that comes in to town is better than Smith, or if you actually use the term "alexcuses" in a sentence, you are a Hater.

LOL, i didnt even think about that part. It's funny whether your a new or old member its funny everyone can feel the "hate" towards one player. We say over and over again that it's about team ball, yet, some of still make it about one player. LIke i said he has the backing of the entire organization, as MM pointed out, anyone that says smith hasnt produced is merely speaking from bias. Then someone goes and makes a thread about how someone is supporting our QB. This is the most support one QB has had since Garcia, so i wanna see what he can do (supposedly with all the tools he never had until this year).
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

He plays for the Beagles

Sounds like a bunch of b***hes.
There is a huge difference between fair, objective criticism and unremitting hate. I respect the former, and find the latter to be juvenile. You act like whiny, spoiled brats who throw endless temper tantrums for not getting what you want. You have all made your point. Now grow up for pete's sake and move on.
Share 49ersWebzone