LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

MM's once a month sucking of Alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fandemonium:
Originally posted by lamontb:
MM is cool , but he does take the homer route everytime. I mean did he seriously write this with a straight face. "Take a look at the statistics for all the current quarterbacks in the NFC West. Smith posted the best numbers of anyone who saw significant playing time in 2009."

The problem is not with the statistics (they're easily verifiable and they do put Smith on top) but with the conclusions one could justifiably draw from them.

Keeping Warner's stats out was a head-scratcher, even though he has retired.

Bottom line, all this article says is that the entire NFC West has QB problems.

MM may be a Smith homer, but this was not a particularly bad example of homerism.

I think the bigger problem is all these guys have nothing to write about but have to write something.

Barrows is by far the worst in terms of made up news, IMO.

I think MB brings a more honest view of the situation. You never hear any homerism in his blogs.

So this is Susweel's once a post sucking of Barrows
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by BayBombers:
Originally posted by excelsior:

But the haters' single-minded obsession can only be described as a psychological disorder, the likely product of emotional scarring that occurred sometime in their earlier lives. Their own feelings of failure and inadequacy is dealt with by convincing themselves that some other high-profile person is a failure too. Truly sad.

Amen.

If only these were the Dr Phil forums than this statement might make sense... but this is a 49ers FOOTBALL forum... not a pansy ass "share your feelings and tribulations, cry on my shoulder and let's talk this out" message board.

Just because Smith fooled Nolan into taking him with the 1st pick and raped the Niners for more cash than what he's worth, it doesn't make him successful... on the football field.

An as far as the poster above, yet again posting the same drivel and excuses for our wonder boy:

This question is for the Smith haters ONLY. Since I seem to do such a goob job shutting down Smith hater threads with this question I figured I'll ask it here as well.

Top QB's in the NFL (in no order):

Peyton/Eli Manning
Rothlisberger
Rivers
Brees
Favre
Romo
Rodgers
Brady
Palmer
McNabb

Name just ONE of them that has had to not only learn a new offense in each of their first 5 seasons, but has also had a revolving door at OC and QB coach, such a lack of talent on the offensive line and a head coach that threw them under the bus for attempting to play hurt.

I'm still waiting for my answer to this question. One that Smith haters conveniently overlook because they truly have NO answer for it.

So...don't worry...I'll wait. _________ end of one of many excuses, onward>>

Please wait till you turn blue and think up more excuses. Oh Suswell, good job OL chap!

Many of us you call haters, do NOT hate this very nice rich young man who has done nothing to earn the amount of money (freaking millions) he has been paid.

We only hate the way he plays QB for our beloved 49ers. Maybe you can understand this; We don't like him as a football player because his skill set, what there is of it, is so limited and inconsistent to the extreme, it is clear he is not the answer for our team. Unless of course you are happy with 2 rungs lower than mediocrity. Is this clear?

I really, really hope he plays like he was paid this year and proves me wrong, but.. no commentator in the league, that I have read, thinks he will, only some people in here who always... gezzz, what a horrid waste of time.

Where did the "hater" jargon come from anywhere? Elementary school or what?

Sighhhhhhhhhh

Funny thing is...You did a helluva lot of talking...NONE of which answered the damn question I asked to begin with. Which FURTHER proves my point that 49er fans are more content with just being rotten ass crybabies about what Smith hasnt done without factoring in the events in his career that have led up to it.

2 prime examples I will give you and they both reside in the NFC East.

Eli Manning: was downright considered a bust before the 2007 Superbowl by Giants fans. Why you ask? Because he had been given every ounce of stability necessary to produce at a high level, and he had not done so, matter of fact he looked blantantly terrible at times. There are Giants fans who still say that play Eli made in the superbowl to Tyree saved his career in NY because they didnt feel that he had done enough to help a great defense and running game get over the hump. Fact is: The Giants stuck with him, continued the stability and are reaping the benefits from it.

Jason Campbell: The closest thing to Alex Smith in the NFL minus the injuries. This kid has a world of talent (like Smith) but the organization has been so terrible with aiding his development that fans cannot see past whats on TV. They just choose to ignore the fact that he's been through 4 offenses in 5 years, cant complete a 3 step drop without getting pounded or have a reliable running game with a professional carrying the football to protect him.

Fans are what they are...granted...not all are smart enough to think outside the box.

Such as relating it to your own employment. If you werent given the tools necessary to perform your job to the best of your ability, how could outsiders or your boss fairly say its all YOUR fault?

But thats exactly what has been happening in the Bay Area with Smith. He has his faults, although they arent as wide spread as these "haters" would have you believe. He does miss the occasional open man, he has a tendency to throw a little high, but funny that no one sees how Morgan, Crabtree and Davis are not finished products as pass receivers. Just the fact that they think Alex cant get it to them.

The kid has shown me enough just coming through all of this nonsense will a clear head on his shoulders. Not to mention that I still believe once he masters an offense, the 49ers will have a star on their hands. Since he's never been afforded that chance and fans refuse to acknowledge that fact, he will continue to hear the baseless critique from uneducated onlookers who have nothing better to do than play Madden and think the real world equates to that.

I am in the pool of those who say this is his year to show what he's got. The coaching staff has given him the continuity he did not have before, he's got viable threats at WR and TE, Gore is still only 27 and whether people want to admit it or not the offensive line actually got progressively better as the season wore on. Still a RT and LG away but in truth Pitts and a rookie can ease that concern.

I am excited for this team, I really am. And I am in the minority when I say this team has the best chance of winning with Smith at QB this season. Whether he seizes his opportunity is entirely up to him. I, for one, think he will.

BS The content is in the taps and the games I watched, what did you watch, what didn't you see? Or, what did you see to make you think he makes consistently good decisions, finds his passing lanes quickly, leads receivers..

Your post is full of diatribe and self fulfilling truths that are BS..
How is that for an answer? Or is it not enough yet?

I'm excited for the season too, but I want changes immediately if whatever player it is, doesn't fulfill his contract. Especially if that player has been given 6+ years to show what he has.

Maybe if some of you look at what other teams do with non-performing players, and when they do it, you might see this whole Smith era is a total aberration in how teams handle some players in the nearly 90 years of professional football.

This BS reminds me of the medical care argumentative BS going down now; she said, he said.. either you get well, someone takes care of you, or you don't get admitted and maybe die while some fat a$$ goes golfing.

Either Smith plays and earns his money, or he goes away, pronto. Clear above?

GO NINERS!!!!
Alex could be a perenial pro bowler and the pessimists would still be screaming. Thankfully, they are extremely easy to dismiss.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by BayBombers:
Originally posted by excelsior:

But the haters' single-minded obsession can only be described as a psychological disorder, the likely product of emotional scarring that occurred sometime in their earlier lives. Their own feelings of failure and inadequacy is dealt with by convincing themselves that some other high-profile person is a failure too. Truly sad.

Amen.

If only these were the Dr Phil forums than this statement might make sense... but this is a 49ers FOOTBALL forum... not a pansy ass "share your feelings and tribulations, cry on my shoulder and let's talk this out" message board.

Just because Smith fooled Nolan into taking him with the 1st pick and raped the Niners for more cash than what he's worth, it doesn't make him successful... on the football field.

An as far as the poster above, yet again posting the same drivel and excuses for our wonder boy:

This question is for the Smith haters ONLY. Since I seem to do such a goob job shutting down Smith hater threads with this question I figured I'll ask it here as well.

Top QB's in the NFL (in no order):

Peyton/Eli Manning
Rothlisberger
Rivers
Brees
Favre
Romo
Rodgers
Brady
Palmer
McNabb

Name just ONE of them that has had to not only learn a new offense in each of their first 5 seasons, but has also had a revolving door at OC and QB coach, such a lack of talent on the offensive line and a head coach that threw them under the bus for attempting to play hurt.

I'm still waiting for my answer to this question. One that Smith haters conveniently overlook because they truly have NO answer for it.

So...don't worry...I'll wait. _________ end of one of many excuses, onward>>

Please wait till you turn blue and think up more excuses. Oh Suswell, good job OL chap!

Many of us you call haters, do NOT hate this very nice rich young man who has done nothing to earn the amount of money (freaking millions) he has been paid.

We only hate the way he plays QB for our beloved 49ers. Maybe you can understand this; We don't like him as a football player because his skill set, what there is of it, is so limited and inconsistent to the extreme, it is clear he is not the answer for our team. Unless of course you are happy with 2 rungs lower than mediocrity. Is this clear?

I really, really hope he plays like he was paid this year and proves me wrong, but.. no commentator in the league, that I have read, thinks he will, only some people in here who always... gezzz, what a horrid waste of time.

Where did the "hater" jargon come from anywhere? Elementary school or what?

Sighhhhhhhhhh

Funny thing is...You did a helluva lot of talking...NONE of which answered the damn question I asked to begin with. Which FURTHER proves my point that 49er fans are more content with just being rotten ass crybabies about what Smith hasnt done without factoring in the events in his career that have led up to it.

2 prime examples I will give you and they both reside in the NFC East.

Eli Manning: was downright considered a bust before the 2007 Superbowl by Giants fans. Why you ask? Because he had been given every ounce of stability necessary to produce at a high level, and he had not done so, matter of fact he looked blantantly terrible at times. There are Giants fans who still say that play Eli made in the superbowl to Tyree saved his career in NY because they didnt feel that he had done enough to help a great defense and running game get over the hump. Fact is: The Giants stuck with him, continued the stability and are reaping the benefits from it.

Jason Campbell: The closest thing to Alex Smith in the NFL minus the injuries. This kid has a world of talent (like Smith) but the organization has been so terrible with aiding his development that fans cannot see past whats on TV. They just choose to ignore the fact that he's been through 4 offenses in 5 years, cant complete a 3 step drop without getting pounded or have a reliable running game with a professional carrying the football to protect him.

Fans are what they are...granted...not all are smart enough to think outside the box.

Such as relating it to your own employment. If you werent given the tools necessary to perform your job to the best of your ability, how could outsiders or your boss fairly say its all YOUR fault?

But thats exactly what has been happening in the Bay Area with Smith. He has his faults, although they arent as wide spread as these "haters" would have you believe. He does miss the occasional open man, he has a tendency to throw a little high, but funny that no one sees how Morgan, Crabtree and Davis are not finished products as pass receivers. Just the fact that they think Alex cant get it to them.

The kid has shown me enough just coming through all of this nonsense will a clear head on his shoulders. Not to mention that I still believe once he masters an offense, the 49ers will have a star on their hands. Since he's never been afforded that chance and fans refuse to acknowledge that fact, he will continue to hear the baseless critique from uneducated onlookers who have nothing better to do than play Madden and think the real world equates to that.

I am in the pool of those who say this is his year to show what he's got. The coaching staff has given him the continuity he did not have before, he's got viable threats at WR and TE, Gore is still only 27 and whether people want to admit it or not the offensive line actually got progressively better as the season wore on. Still a RT and LG away but in truth Pitts and a rookie can ease that concern.

I am excited for this team, I really am. And I am in the minority when I say this team has the best chance of winning with Smith at QB this season. Whether he seizes his opportunity is entirely up to him. I, for one, think he will.

BS The content is in the taps and the games I watched, what did you watch, what didn't you see? Or, what did you see to make you think he makes consistently good decisions, finds his passing lanes quickly, leads receivers..

Your post is full of diatribe and self fulfilling truths that are BS..
How is that for an answer? Or is it not enough yet?

I'm excited for the season too, but I want changes immediately if whatever player it is, doesn't fulfill his contract. Especially if that player has been given 6+ years to show what he has.

Maybe if some of you look at what other teams do with non-performing players, and when they do it, you might see this whole Smith era is a total aberration in how teams handle some players in the nearly 90 years of professional football.
This BS reminds me of the medical care argumentative BS going down now; she said, he said.. either you get well, someone takes care of you, or you don't get admitted and maybe die while some fat a$$ goes golfing.

Either Smith plays and earns his money, or he goes away, pronto. Clear above?

GO NINERS!!!!

You clearly describe the aberration seen in the decision to stay with Alex. I'll submit it has nothing to do with performance, but everything to do with Marketing.

The York focus is on business not championships. That said, the value of the franchise will at least double and may triple if a new stadium is built.

Alex was annointed the face of the franchise not to win championships, but to build the stadium.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

my evolution of emotions upon seeing that play haha

Originally posted by ImaMod:

my evolution of emotions after seeing that play

Quote:

MM is stroking the balls and shaft again this week
Share 49ersWebzone