There are 233 users in the forums

Pattern or Coincidence?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Pattern or Coincidence?

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sinsation:
Originally posted by Tman:
what exactly is the pattern we should be looking for? The one constant about the nfl is people getting hired and fired.

so what are we talking about here?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
what exactly is the pattern we should be looking for? The one constant about the nfl is people getting hired and fired.

both or none of the above since i have no freaking idea of what this post is suppose to be about
This franchise has had no masterplan in the past 10 years. It has pretty much been make it up as you go along and the record shows it. That's why we see hires that end up in a firing or resignation shortly after.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I DID IT!!! I found the pattern... (gone)

There's been a lot of hirings as well.

Plus Andy Dolich is still a consultant for the 9ers. They just layed him off so they wouldn't have to pay him as much money. He is still there though.
The Yorks can fire as many people as they want but we will continue to be bad. The ownership is bad and that's the problem. Look at all the hires they have made. Poor hires lead to firing and "mutual parting of the ways" later on. If they would pay $7 Million a year to hire Holmgren or Shannahan we could stick with it and move forward in a positive direction. Holmgren or Shannahan would have been the way to go at the beginning of the offseason IMO. That's what I would have tried to do and what I think is the best solution.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 23, 2010 at 22:54:12 ]
I figured it out,

They're all white males
I believe the "pattern" in question is the fact that all the coaches and FO personnel that were here before Singletary and Jed York took over are being fired. In other words, they're getting rid of everything about the old regime, much like they did when the Yorks took over and got rid of everything Walsh- and DeBartolo-related.

Hopefully it ends now because if this is truly a pattern, Manusky will be next to go.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 23, 2010 at 22:19:30 ]

Originally posted by 49erRider:
I believe the "pattern" in question is the fact that all the coaches and FO personnel that were here before Singletary and Jed York took over are being fired. In other words, they're getting rid of everything about the old regime, much like they did when the Yorks took over and got rid of everything Walsh- and DeBartolo-related.

Hopefully it ends now because if this is truly a pattern, Manusky will be next to go.

It could be getting rid of the old regime. But I just think getting Holmgren or Shannahan would have been better. Oh well. Well just have to make due with this.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It could be getting rid of the old regime. But I just think getting Holmgren or Shannahan would have been better. Oh well. Well just have to make due with this.

whats so great about Shanahan?

hes so overrated. yeah, when he was an OC with Steve Young and Jerry Rice, or a head coach with John Elway and Terrell Davis, he sure looked great. what happened when Elway and Davis retired? the Broncos got really mediocre really fast.

Shanahan is stubborn, and the way he handles his running game is awful. he wont make changes when what hes doing clearly isnt working. the Broncos wouldnt have just let him walk away if he was the coach you make him out to be.
Originally posted by Niners99:

hes so overrated. yeah, when he was an OC with Steve Young and Jerry Rice, or a head coach with John Elway and Terrell Davis, he sure looked great. what happened when Elway and Davis retired? the Broncos got really mediocre really fast.

Shanahan is stubborn, and the way he handles his running game is awful. he wont make changes when what hes doing clearly isnt working. the Broncos wouldnt have just let him walk away if he was the coach you make him out to be.

Ah lets see... He won 2 Super Bowls! That's what's great. We currently have no GM and how many Super Bowls have the guys we have running the show won?

Ah lets see... He won 2 Super Bowls! That's what's great. We currently have no GM and how many Super Bowls have the guys we have running the show won?

How many did he win after Elway and TD left? He might have been a great judge of offensive talent, but look at his body of work putting together a defense. He sure didn't make Griese look like a HOF, nor any of the QB's who came after Elway and Plummer don't count.

2 super bowls with 2 HOFers.

come on. without Elway, Shanahan was nothing as a HC.
Share 49ersWebzone