LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Eddie D influence on the current GM vacancy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
F%ck Jed York. What has that little piece of sh&t ever done for this franchise. He's not Eddie D.

What have you done for the franchise except for cry?

Jed has a year since he took over . He's 28 .

Exactly he doesn't know sh*t like his Dad didn't.

Scot and Nolan built this team to where it is now if we actually finally get to the playoffs. Jed gets no credit at this point. Build a damn stadium at least.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I personally don't think Eddie D had anything to do with this..But since we are the topic, how about changing Jed York's name now..to let's say Jeddie Y or something similar

Jork?

LMAO....that's his new name as far as I'm concerned.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
If Eddie were still in charge of this franchise, we would be WINNING!!! and since that's NOT happening, i don't think he's running the franchise

I sure wish he were though.
He doesn't have anthing to do with the way the Yorks run things. If he did we would have won 2 more Super Bowls by now.
If Eddie gave advice to York Jr., he would have told him "Listen kid, you are way over your head. You need to let professional football people run your franchise and not a bunch of clowns who are nothing more than scouts and MBAs who have no clue about football. Just sell the damn team and put yourself and the fans out of their misery."
No. It's just something you came up with to try and make a drama out of this uninteresting topic. Eddie D & The Cruisers are gone. We have what we have.
I don't think Eddie D did anything.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
No. It's just something you came up with to try and make a drama out of this uninteresting topic. Eddie D & The Cruisers are gone. We have what we have.

gfy
F%ck Jed York. What has that little piece of sh&t ever done for this franchise. He's not Eddie D.

Exactly he doesn't know sh*t like his Dad didn't.

Scot and Nolan built this team to where it is now if we actually finally get to the playoffs. Jed gets no credit at this point. Build a damn stadium at least.

Jed is deffently an improvement over his dad. He still has a lot to prove I'll give you that, but hid dad was/is just a disaster.
Originally posted by Chico:
If Eddie were still in charge of this franchise, we would be WINNING!!! and since that's NOT happening, i don't think he's running the franchise

I sure wish he were though.

I love Eddie and everything he did for the team, as well as us as fans, but if he were still running the team I am pretty sure we'd be in Cap hell. Oh wait we'd be........The Redskins. Daniel Snyder has proven that the approach Eddie used to build all those great teams does not work in todays NFL. It was that approach that had us in "Cap hell" in the late 90's. I am not a York lover by any means, although I am still holding out hope for Jed. There was no questioning Eddie's commitment to winning, but what has Snyder won lately? Could Eddie have adapted? I don't know, who's to say.

Originally posted by amir_tn80:
If Eddie gave advice to York Jr., he would have told him "Listen kid, you are way over your head. You need to let professional football people run your franchise and not a bunch of clowns who are nothing more than scouts and MBAs who have no clue about football. Just sell the damn team and put yourself and the fans out of their misery."

So are you saying we should give him a break because he is young & inexperienced, and we should lower our expectations?
Originally posted by djfullshred:

So are you saying we should give him a break because he is young & inexperienced, and we should lower our expectations?

One year under his belt and he fires a GM, who like I said with the help of Mike Nolan, fixed this roster to actually be sincerely considered Division favorites this year.

Like a lot us have said already so much for continuity.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
He just wants his own people. First he got his coach and now he got rid of a guy he didn't hire who wasn't that great at his job.
Originally posted by pd24:
He just wants his own people. First he got his coach and now he got rid of a guy he didn't hire who wasn't that great at his job.

He want's his own people? No, this was a falling out between York & Mcloughan, similar to the tiff between York Sr. & Marriuci. You don't see the team actually upgrading the GM position right now, do you? When someone is firing someone because they want their own people, usually that comes with a new person for the role, & not just a firing. I am not a mcliughan supporter, but this is clearly not an "addition by subtraction" situation. I seriously doubt York secretly wanted all along to replace Mcloughan with Baalke.
Share 49ersWebzone