There are 249 users in the forums

What exactly is make or break for you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i agree, limping into the playoffs wont cut it, and i truly feel 2010's o-line is gonna have about a 70% influence on that
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Mar 23, 2010 at 4:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
If Alex can't get this team to the playoffs this year, he goes byebye for good.

If Smith plays 3 games in a row, of the type he played the last 3 of the season we will see Carr. If Carr doesn't do any better, and I expect him to do better, but if not the HC just may throw Davis in. Anything is better than 30 or 45yrs of passing O in 3 quarters, anything.

But after the BS of the last week, again, who the hell knows what this "organization" will or would do..

So make it or break to me will be if he plays like I wrote above.

In other words it is possible he can lose his job and therefore has "broken" it, by mid season or less if he doesn't step up immediately and play like the entire football world thinks he should.

Actually most of the football world outside of SF and this board, don't think he has it in him to do anything consistently(playing QB).

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh
Break = Jed York.

Make = this team is a little better than in the past especially if we address the O Line.
Although I would like to see us in the playoffs, this is not a prerequisite for us to have a good year IMHO, simply because making the playoffs are very relational and conditional upon other teams' records.

A certain prerequisite to have a "make" year, IMO, is having a winning record. Additionally, I'd like to see us rank statistically high on both sides of the ball and ST - perhaps top sixteen on everything. Beyond that, if we continually make improvements year after year then the playoffs and beyond will be byproducts.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Although I would like to see us in the playoffs, this is not a prerequisite for us to have a good year IMHO, simply because making the playoffs are very relational and conditional upon other teams' records.

A certain prerequisite to have a "make" year, IMO, is having a winning record. Additionally, I'd like to see us rank statistically high on both sides of the ball and ST - perhaps top sixteen on everything. Beyond that, if we continually make improvements year after year then the playoffs and beyond will be byproducts.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by lamontb:
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

YUP
If the niners dont use the first 2 picks to address the terrible OL then playoffs are out of reach for a while. Guys will get blamed and released....guys wont resign to a team that proves it doesnt know how to build and top FA wont even talk to SF. 8-8 will be the pinnacle of the post-Mariucci niners for years to come.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
What is your expectation or predictions?

If the team is playing well and Alex doesn't cut it = Break.

Aside from that it's really going to depend on how he's playing. I don't put the playoffs on one player on a football team, even the QB. Likewise they could make the playoffs and Alex could play like garbage for most of the season, it would still = break.

My expectation is that he will play pretty well for most of the season AND we'll make the playoffs.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
If the niners dont use the first 2 picks to address the terrible OL then playoffs are out of reach for a while. Guys will get blamed and released....guys wont resign to a team that proves it doesnt know how to build and top FA wont even talk to SF. 8-8 will be the pinnacle of the post-Mariucci niners for years to come.

This is ridiculous. Expected in the WZ, but ridiculous.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Gavintech:

kinda makes sense, things would be easier to predict providing we had an owner of the breed of a jerry jones or a robert kraft....who make it known how passionate they are about their respective teams and aren't afraid to show it in multiple facets

kinda makes sense, things would be easier to predict providing we had an owner of the breed of a jerry jones or a robert kraft....who make it known how passionate they are about their respective teams and aren't afraid to show it in multiple facets

I'm not saying the Yorks are the best, but when is the last time Dallas has won a SB? Hell, when is the last time they have went deep in the playoffs? Kraft I do like, but a lot of that teams success is Brady. He got hurt and the team isn't the same without him and they weren't winning SB's before he got there, so take it for what it's worth. Don't forget about the Redskins. How much money have they spent the last ten years to win a SB? How many SB's did they win?

What kind of makes sense? That if the 9ers don't spend both of their 1st round picks on the OL that our own guys wont resign and FA's wont even talk to the 9ers going forward? Sure, that makes sense! LOL. Not even kinda...
Share 49ersWebzone