LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

The San Francisco 49ers "State of the Franchise" Address (EDITED for the 7/27)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Can someone who listened AND can spell tell me if MS was fired for a PERSONAL reason or for PERSONNEL reasons??????

personal (primary reason) then personnel (secondary reason)
Originally posted by pupsingh:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Can someone who listened AND can spell tell me if MS was fired for a PERSONAL reason or for PERSONNEL reasons??????

personal

Thanks.

singletary was fired?

He meant to type SM.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is the starting QB....damn.....he answered a very important question
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Jed just promised he won't be the GM nor will Paraag ever be the GM. That is good news

Enter Bill Cowher

Wtf does Cowher know about being a GM. Just because the dude was good coach don't mean he can be a GM.

You don't think Cowher had a big influence over guys drafted?
The Yorks do not know how to build anything...all they know how to do is fire and tear down...horrible...they have no succession plan and no clue what they are doing!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Maybe it's me but Jed came off as a dick.

First time I have ever heard coming across as a dick but he did in this interview.

I would too if the reporters kept asking the same question over and over, making me give the same answer every time.
Missed the interview, not all worried bout GM as what he said bout our team. Someone said carr wouldn't like hearing that, and endorsement for smith.

Can someone fill me in. And any other questions asked and answered on behalf of the actual team and not management?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed just promised he won't be the GM nor will Paraag ever be the GM. That is good news

Enter Bill Cowher

Wtf does Cowher know about being a GM. Just because the dude was good coach don't mean he can be a GM.

No I don't. Steelers have had the same blue print of what they do for like 30 years. Cowher was just a coach.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
media people can be such douces. they all think its tmz or something, if you know he won't talk about it ask something else, don't just reword the same questions for 20 minutes.

Exactly.

That's their jobs though. We don't know what he can or cannot say so the only way to get to that line is to ask questions. As a fan that gives my hard-earned money to this franchise for over 20 years, I feel like I'm owed a little of an explanation. Sorry. If you hate reporters, don't get ask for a high-profile job.

That's the problem...the Dorks run the franchise as their little playtoy...it has nothing to do with you or me or anyone else...
I'm just happy he said playoffs this year is the goal!!screw all the other crap!!

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
media people can be such douces. they all think its tmz or something, if you know he won't talk about it ask something else, don't just reword the same questions for 20 minutes.

Exactly.

That's their jobs though. We don't know what he can or cannot say so the only way to get to that line is to ask questions. As a fan that gives my hard-earned money to this franchise for over 20 years, I feel like I'm owed a little of an explanation. Sorry. If you hate reporters, don't get ask for a high-profile job.

Just because you feel entitled doesn't make it so. He made it very clear that he wasn't going to discuss any issues involving Scott's departure.
Originally posted by bornaniner:
I'm just happy he said playoffs this year is the goal!!screw all the other crap!!

He said that last year!

In fact, I bet he would be willing to bet his first-born son if asked.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As long as someone is running the draft I could care less about McClueless. Just don't screw it up and I'm a happy camper.

Exactly.

I don't hate reporters. I hate tabloid reporters. For instance the guy who was audibly laughing during the call? Yeah, I don't care that he couldn't trick Jed into saying something quotable. Jed clearly stated he was going to talk about the cause out of respect to Scot. And honestly I am ok with that, I don't care for gossip mongering, reporters are supposed to report facts.

And, if some, not all of those who took part in the call were more concerned with that aspect of their job they could have got a lot more accomplished than they did.

Enter Bill Cowher

No I don't. Steelers have had the same blue print of what they do for like 30 years. Cowher was just a coach.

Well look for Charlie Casserly or someone like him.
Share 49ersWebzone