LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Do you believe Alex Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl victory?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe Alex Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl victory?

They play to win the Super Bowl. If you do not believe that Alex Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl victory, then why are we satisfied with mediocrity? Why do we not consider bringing in a QB who is capable? If you do believe so, please list the reasosn why you believe he will lead us to a Super Bowl victory. I can already see the posts..."Worst thread ever". "Stupidest thread ever" "Lock this thread". If you do not like this thread, dont respond.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I have a better chance at titty f**king Scarlett Johanson than Alex Smith does for winning the SB with the 49ers.
Mediocrity's not so bad once you get used to it.
  • mod
  • Veteran
A QB doesnt have to lead a team to the superbowl... Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, that Johnson guy from the Bucs, Eli Manning, Joe Namath, If these guys can do it then I dont see why Alex cant. These teams had great defenses, except for the Jets... I know nothing about them, I just feel Namath is overrated.

If Alex can continue to improve and our defense will only get better so why not? I see no reason to believe we wont have a shot a couple years from now.
Oh this is going to get ugly...

I was having a similar discussion with friend today. We both agreed we can never see anyone on this team, not just Alex, bringing home a super bowl win. Maybe that will change starting this year, but so far these guys are nothing like the niner teams I saw and idolized as a kid.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Oh this is going to get ugly...

That depends on the team around him. LOL. He's not much bigger than those kids. He always did have a slight build for an NFL QB.
how many pages will this thread get to before it rolls off into a ditch
I guess if Eli Manning can do it, there is hope. What I'm referring to is their lack of vocal leadership, which is something that guys like Brees Manning Brady all have. I dunno which group Rothbergs is under, but it's obvious he gets alot of respect for taking huge hits in the pocket.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Milkman:

eww
Where's the maybe option???
Originally posted by GEEK:
I have a better chance at titty f**king Scarlett Johanson than Alex Smith does for winning the SB with the 49ers.

but Smittay has a better chance at titty f**king her than you do!
sb victory? not sure about that, but at only 25 yrs old still i'll go out on a limb and say alex amith will play in a pro bowl one day, just not sure with what team he will do that with, and how many qb's will decline the invite to get him there.
Share 49ersWebzone