There are 245 users in the forums

Source: Baalke replaces McCloughan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

please. you dont know jack crap about the guy. youve probably never even heard his name before.

people on this board are the biggest conclusion jumpers ive ever seen. Baalke is the guy McCloughan personally consulted with about our drafting thus far. him taking over isnt a big deal at all. he was probably the guy telling McCloughan who to pick.

people need to calm down. its the most logical choice of guy to run this draft. not hire someone who knows nothing about our draft process thus far, not people who know nothing about scouting like Marathe. its the dude who was already doing this the whole time.

And moreso, the draft board is already set (and has been for at least 2 weeks more or less). McCloughan's firing/resignation will have little (if any) negative affect on the coming draft. Like Sing said, you follow the board.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

please. you dont know jack crap about the guy. youve probably never even heard his name before.

people on this board are the biggest conclusion jumpers ive ever seen. Baalke is the guy McCloughan personally consulted with about our drafting thus far. him taking over isnt a big deal at all. he was probably the guy telling McCloughan who to pick.

people need to calm down. its the most logical choice of guy to run this draft. not hire someone who knows nothing about our draft process thus far, not people who know nothing about scouting like Marathe. its the dude who was already doing this the whole time.

And moreso, the draft board is already set (and has been for at least 2 weeks more or less). McCloughan's firing/resignation will have little (if any) negative affect on the coming draft. Like Sing said, you follow the board.

Lets hope he follows the draft board. sing didn't want Willis...

Very true. But that's exactly why I believe Sing won't solely rely upon his own opinions. I have no doubt he'll lean on his personnel department. Just as any good coach would.

Very true. But that's exactly why I believe Sing won't solely rely upon his own opinions. I have no doubt he'll lean on his personnel department. Just as any good coach would.

Let's hope he doesn't rely on his opinions. He's not good at personnel. He's not a good coach either. We have weakness in pro scouting, college scouting and coaching. Not exactly a recipe for a successful team...

Let's hope he doesn't rely on his opinions. He's not good at personnel. He's not a good coach either. We have weakness in pro scouting, college scouting and coaching. Not exactly a recipe for a successful team...

No, this team isn't a dynasty-in-the-making, as you point out every day. BUT, this team is a FAR CRY from the team of just a few short seasons ago. There is no denying this team has a plethora of talent and has improved in each of the past few seasons.

Not that I'm trying to convince you or anything. We all know where you stand.

i hear the chargers fan club is accepting new members. with a horrible coach, horrible team, horrible front office, horrible stadium, and horrible fans, who needs the Niners?

jump ship for a winner that perennially makes the playoffs. go ahead. do it. dooooo it.

bye bye.

i hear the chargers fan club is accepting new members. with a horrible coach, horrible team, horrible front office, horrible stadium, and horrible fans, who needs the Niners?

jump ship for a winner that perennially makes the playoffs. go ahead. do it. dooooo it.

bye bye.

Come on man! People always throw this kinda stuff his way. He's a true 9er fan, albeit a self-loathing one. At least I think.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by PaulW:
It just said Baalke will be running the draft, not that he will be the next GM. It makes sense since he was head of college scouting while Gamble was head of pro scouting.

For reals, calm down people.

Why are you even here?
What a badass!

just to clear up this false impression that he heads only college personnel on our team...take a look at his job description from 49ers.com

Trent Baalke enters his sixth season with the 49ers and his third as the team’s director of player personnel after being appointed to the position in February of 2008. In his 13th NFL season, Baalke oversees both the college and pro personnel departments.

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
What a badass!

Why you gotta post a dumbass lookin pic of him? You should post one of him where he looks smart.

Ruuuuuuun Balke! Ruuuuuuuuun!
Share 49ersWebzone