There are 158 users in the forums

Hearst breaks ankle on the first play of the game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by vaniner757:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think we lost to atlanta 21-18 if i remember correctly, garrison hearst was definatley worth 3 more points, that was the year he had most of the niner single season rushing stats until frank gore came around

no we loss by 2 points

Actually, it was 21-16. I remember Atlanta having the ball in the final two minutes of the game with the lead......they couldve run the clock down to less 10 seconds and force us to run a punt back in the final seconds. However, Jamal Anderson goofed and run out of bounds.......giving us the ball with 30+ seconds left on the clock. The announcers were saying how Young would have to pull off another miracle to win it like he had done the week before.........but it didnt happen.

Final score: 21-16........
Originally posted by ZRF80:
i think we lost to atlanta 21-18 if i remember correctly, garrison hearst was definatley worth 3 more points, that was the year he had most of the niner single season rushing stats until frank gore came around

no we loss by 2 points

Actually, it was 21-16. I remember Atlanta having the ball in the final two minutes of the game with the lead......they couldve run the clock down to less 10 seconds and force us to run a punt back in the final seconds. However, Jamal Anderson goofed and run out of bounds.......giving us the ball with 30+ seconds left on the clock. The announcers were saying how Young would have to pull off another miracle to win it like he had done the week before.........but it didnt happen.

he threw up a hail mary.that didnt even reach the endzone and was picked off. jj stokes continued to fight for the ball even though the game was over. i absoulutely hated, chris chandler, jamal anderson, and the rest of the dirtybirds that year. the vikings shoulda played the broncos in the sb. their offense was ridiculous that year. up there with the greatest show on turf and the undefeated regular season patriots.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:

no we loss by 2 points

the score was 20-18... its not hard to look up...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
The Vikings and Falcons game is on NFL network right now... Grrrrrrrrr
Originally posted by Chief:
The Vikings and Falcons game is on NFL network right now... Grrrrrrrrr

That was actually an awesome game...just wish we were in it because if the Vikings played like that against the Niners it'd have been payback for the 1987 playoff loss.
Terry Kirby was no dud. Obviously he was no Hearst, but he did solid when his name was called.
Share 49ersWebzone