LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Hearst breaks ankle on the first play of the game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
At least he doesn't want any f****ts in the locker room.

True dat
  • Crazyjgreen
  • Info N/A
Ya, that sucked! But there's no gaurentee we would have won a 6th title! The Vikings were very good that year as well! Then if we beat them John Elway, Terrel Davis, and Shannon Sharp would be waiting for us in the Superbowl! A 6th title was NOT contigent upon us simply beating the Falcons!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
first Hearst went down....then our backup, who wasn't that bad, Terry Kirby got hurt too... it was just all bad all around...then that run where Jamal Anderson just made Merton look stupid...

it was alllllll bad

Terry Kirby not that bad?

He was worse at hitting the hole than Barlow and spun around more than TBC. He was painful to watch except when he had a hole big enough to drive a truck through.

My Hearst jersey is hanging in my classroom. I had to custom order it because it wasn't even available at the time (coming back from this injury).
This is depressing.
Might have been the 6th ring, but I rather lose in the playoffs than in the Superbowl. I want to stay undefeated in the big show.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by Chief:
Damn...

TO and Steve killed the Packers and Favre with the "Catch 2", we were on fire and ready for another Superbowl, ring number 6. Hearst breaks his ankle and the game versus Atlanta followed that pattern. The following season in week 3 Steve Young was injured and forced to retire and we went 4-12.

One ankle, one play, years of pain.

:(

It wasn't his ankle, it was his fibula (artificial turf). I know what you mean though. We lost that game by 3 points. Im sure his presence wouldve changed the outcome of that game. We definitely wouldve had our 6th ring that year.

It was his ankle ?, it was so bad at one point they were not even getting blood flow to it. He was lucky he was able to walk after that.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/garrison-hearst-broken-fibula
[ Edited by prime21 on Mar 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Chief:
Damn...

TO and Steve killed the Packers and Favre with the "Catch 2", we were on fire and ready for another Superbowl, ring number 6. Hearst breaks his ankle and the game versus Atlanta followed that pattern. The following season in week 3 Steve Young was injured and forced to retire and we went 4-12.

One ankle, one play, years of pain.

:(

Pretty much.

Yup

Remember it like was yesterday.
Why even bring this memory up?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
At least he doesn't want any f****ts in the locker room.

True dat

Classic G Hearst. Said how he felt, gotta respect that.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Why do people bring up painful moments? As for the guy who said Terry Kirby wasn't that bad, I think you need to get checked for the onset of Alzheimer's disease, your memory is failing you.
Originally posted by BobS:
Why do people bring up painful moments? As for the guy who said Terry Kirby wasn't that bad, I think you need to get checked for the onset of Alzheimer's disease, your memory is failing you.

my memory is not failing me....some of you people are just drama queens... either its TEH BEST IN WORLD or OMG HE SUXS!!! :(

he was not that bad, he was a serviceable backup RB who came in a did a fine job when asked to, the first year he got here.....when he was giving reps.

134 attempts
559yards
4.2 avg
3 TDs
52 catches
439 yards receiving
8.4 average
52 longest play
1 TD receiving
1 fumble

^that is "not bad"...heck that is good from your backup RB.
  • ZRF80
Even if we wouldve beaten the Falcons. we wouldve gotten our asses handed to us by the Vikings in the Championship game. Our passing defense was rated 28 or 29th in the league that season, and at one point........Young had to carry the team on his shoulders for 5-6 consecutive games (he beat Montana's record of 5 straight games of 300 yards+ passing that season ?).

Front management did a piss poor job of providing Young with the adequate personnel during the 90s (barr the 94 season). Our defense was horrid in 1998, and Cunningham, Carter, and a young Moss would have given our secondary a headache all afternoon long.

Im just glad we beat the Packers. Now...1999 was a different story. Had Young stayed healthy, combined with a Packers team spiraling downward (no Mike Holmgren), we had a good shot to win the NFC. But, Lawrence Phillips was born unfortunately.....
It took me a while to stop hating the Falcons. I recall they eliminated a couple of times in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone