There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hearst breaks ankle on the first play of the game.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Damn...

TO and Steve killed the Packers and Favre with the "Catch 2", we were on fire and ready for another Superbowl, ring number 6. Hearst breaks his ankle and the game versus Atlanta followed that pattern. The following season in week 3 Steve Young was injured and forced to retire and we went 4-12.

One ankle, one play, years of pain.

:(
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Damn...

TO and Steve killed the Packers and Favre with the "Catch 2", we were on fire and ready for another Superbowl, ring number 6. Hearst breaks his ankle and the game versus Atlanta followed that pattern. The following season in week 3 Steve Young was injured and forced to retire and we went 4-12.

Pretty much.
I remember that, that was the 98 playoffs. That damn dirty bird! We would have won that game with Hearst.
Damn...

It wasn't his ankle, it was his fibula (artificial turf). I know what you mean though. We lost that game by 3 points. Im sure his presence wouldve changed the outcome of that game. We definitely wouldve had our 6th ring that year.
i don't know, we would have had to go to minnesota and beat a tough vikes team. moss probably would have torn up our secondary, but our offense was insane that year.

niners 51
vikings 45

then we would go on to absolutely crush the broncos in the superbowl.... like old times my friends!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Hearst, Owens, Rice, Young, Stokes even had a decent year.
Originally posted by prime21:
Damn...

It wasn't his ankle, it was his fibula (artificial turf). I know what you mean though. We lost that game by 3 points. Im sure his presence wouldve changed the outcome of that game. We definitely wouldve had our 6th ring that year.

It was his ankle, it was so bad at one point they were not even getting blood flow to it. He was lucky he was able to walk after that.
thanks for reminding me
  • Chief
  • Veteran
NFL network has the 98 49ers season on right now.

What a come back on Indi!

Young was such a complete badass.
Hearst, Owens, Rice, Young, Stokes even had a decent year.

lol, f**king JJ Stokes. it was too cold to catch passes in Green Bay!!
i think we lost to atlanta 21-18 if i remember correctly, garrison hearst was definatley worth 3 more points, that was the year he had most of the niner single season rushing stats until frank gore came around
haha, again Chief?
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM ]
I remember watching that. I was only 8 years old
Originally posted by Mike8016:
I remember watching that. I was only 8 years old

I was older than that, but i was f**king crushed. Then to see Steve, and Jerry go out from inj, then to never have another winning season again.