LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Don't Sweat it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hear a lot of you here freaking out because of the draft coming up. People are under the impression were totally flounced w/o Scott as our GM. The truth be told:

Director of player personnel Trent Baalke and director of pro personnel Tom Gamble, will take over these duties. Both which are highly respected around the league.

Plus i doubt a lot of you know here, but Baalke was pursued heavily by STL, and CLE and SEA these last 2 years. Their not rookies they know what the fk they are doing.

Sing is the one i'd be worried about but i'm not. He's a football player & i think he's knows & see's a football player when he see's one.

We will be perfectly fine. Ask your self these ?'s:

In the last 5 years with Scotty here what extraordinary draft picks has he brought in? (besides Willis?) Hell his first 3 years as head of scouting & evaluating he wet the bed. It's a fact. One webzoner here loves the fact that Scotty has the most people still on his team that he has drafted which is more than any other GM? DUDE we haven't made the playoffs since when? how many pro bowlers are we producing besides a damn punter?

We can do better at finding someone to scout & most importantly evaluate talent. Maybe his brother needs to move on to.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Good point, but hopefully come draft day when we have two golden eggs in our hands everyone doesn't ask "what would Scott do?"
Originally posted by wailers15:
I hear a lot of you here freaking out because of the draft coming up. People are under the impression were totally flounced w/o Scott as our GM. The truth be told:

Director of player personnel Trent Baalke and director of pro personnel Tom Gamble, will take over these duties. Both which are highly respected around the league.

Plus i doubt a lot of you know here, but Baalke was pursued heavily by STL, and CLE and SEA these last 2 years. Their not rookies they know what the fk they are doing.

Sing is the one i'd be worried about but i'm not. He's a football player & i think he's knows & see's a football player when he see's one.

We will be perfectly fine. Ask your self these ?'s:

In the last 5 years with Scotty here what extraordinary draft picks has he brought in? (besides Willis?) Hell his first 3 years as head of scouting & evaluating he wet the bed. It's a fact. One webzoner here loves the fact that Scotty has the most people still on his team that he has drafted which is more than any other GM? DUDE we haven't made the playoffs since when? how many pro bowlers are we producing besides a damn punter?

We can do better at finding someone to scout & most importantly evaluate talent. Maybe his brother needs to move on to.
He brought Patrick Willis to the 49ers. That has HOF written all over it

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

I'm pretty sure that was Nolan

in my honest oponion i think willis was the BPA and thats why he picked him, not becuase he saw what a great talent he was or that he was going to be a hall of famer. that just me though
Why should we worrry? Weeks before the NFL draft with 2 first rounders we have no GM.

Not another team in the league can match the brilliance of the 49ers.
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:

I'm pretty sure that was Nolan

In the fire McClueless ASAP thread they really hash it out about how scot slammed his fist down in the war room, to draft Willis.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

in my honest oponion i think willis was the BPA and thats why he picked him, not becuase he saw what a great talent he was or that he was going to be a hall of famer. that just me though

McCloughan WANTED to draft Willis. When Singletary was still the LB Coach, Sing didn't think too much of Willis until McCloughan convinced him otherwise that Willis would be a great player.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why should we worrry? Weeks before the NFL draft with 2 first rounders we have no GM.

he left for personal reasons. haters gonna hate.

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

he left for personal reasons. haters gonna hate.

personal reasons i truly believe are part of it but also there is something going on between management & him. Even if it looks like he will be getting a divorce that's not enough to step down as GM. think about it. Look at the history of the sports world & all the s**t that managers go through especially messy divorces. Quiting/stepping down doesn't make sense. There's more to it & i truly believe there is some football biz that he wet the bed on, and Jed is seriously close to Eddie D & Eddie D always wanted instant success, that could be rubbing off on Jed.
bet they just promote someone to GM.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yep. What a f**king joke. Also bet that Singletary takes more of a role in talent evaluation, when he hasn't even proven to be a viable head coach in the NFL yet.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:

Yep. What a f**king joke. Also bet that Singletary takes more of a role in talent evaluation, when he hasn't even proven to be a viable head coach in the NFL yet.

Stop always complaining, your starting to sound like me.
[ Edited by susweel on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Method:

Stop always complaining, your starting to sound like me.

I wanna be like you, you're my hero!
Share 49ersWebzone