LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

49ers | Giving McCloughan leave of absence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"

no kidding, huh?

Yea no kidding. The people that dont want him runnin things would have liked him out way earlier, but now to do it right before the draft is so stupid. Their not saying "WTF i actually liked him!". They are saying "WTF! Why did they wait til now?". Not that they wanted him to stay
"Longstanding personal issues" sounds like drugs and/or alcohol.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Hopefully the silver lining is we stay away from Mays and McClain. Those guys would be right up Scotty's alley.

Now we are free to go lineman (O and/or D) or playmaker (regardless of size) all the way.

I could see Scott gunning for McClain but I can't see Scott drafting Mays - he makes such an emphasis on game tape.

-9fA
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Hopefully the silver lining is we stay away from Mays and McClain. Those guys would be right up Scotty's alley.

Now we are free to go lineman (O and/or D) or playmaker (regardless of size) all the way.

god i hope so. you are so right mays and mcclain would so be mccoughlan picks
Lets remember that we are all human. Every person has a crisis in life at one point or another. He did his work. The team is ready for the draft. Let the man get done what he needs to do in life. When he is ready, the 49ers will be here.

• Chief
  • Veteran
He sees Alex Smith as a starter and the rest of the staff doesn't.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yup.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Lets remember that we are all human. Every person has a crisis in life at one point or another. He did his work. The team is ready for the draft. Let the man get done what he needs to do in life. When he is ready, the 49ers will be here.

Very well said.

-9fA
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
This is the outcome I was wishing for, better than a firing or resignation.

What if somebody close to him died?
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by danimal:
I really have no idea what any of this means.

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?

Why is it so hard to believe?

This happens all the time, whether it be for health issues (Urban Meyer), to be closer to your family (Bill Cowher), or for personal issues (Tiger Woods).

Well I just find it hard to believe because everybody has personal issues. Getting a LOA solely for these personal issues is smack dab in the middle of special treatment land. But usually, such special treatment comes at a price, that being disclosure. People will want to know what makes your problems so much more pressing than mine.

So if it really is personal stuff, I would think Scotty would be telling us the nature of this issue.

perhaps because its none of our business

Hmmm, I don't know about that. He is a GM of a business whose customers are fans. With power and influence comes transparency.

Other employees. Do you have any idea how many people show up to work at 4949 Centiennial while coping with their own personal issues? I would say they are entitled some explanation.

Strictly speaking, true, it is not our business.....but IMO, you would have to be a pretty big a*****e not to enlighten the very people you have let down, even if only vaguely.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

right before the draft!

There's obviously a serious personal or family matter he has to deal with. We will be find get over it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yup.

yep he's sucking dick for crack! i knew i saw him & bob sagget!
Originally posted by Chief:
He sees Alex Smith as a starter and the rest of the staff doesn't.

I don't think that's a reason to take a leave of absence... especially not after Sing was the one who said Smith is his starter, and Scotty is the one who went out to get Carr.
wow.
i dont know what to think.
good or bad?

pleaase god let us move in the right direction.
without a GM @ the draft, will we just make our picks without trying to maneuver around for extra picks in this draft/future draft?
Share 49ersWebzone