There are 225 users in the forums

How much is Nate Davis worth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nate Davis is worth as much as this thread is worth
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Nate Davis is worth as much as this thread is worth

So true.

There's a difference between say how much Kolb is worth, versus how much Davis is worth.

-9fA
Originally posted by jta854:
On the Webzone he is worth 2 1st round picks plus a 3rd round pick. In the NFL he has little to no trade value.

Completely untrue. On the webzone, he's worth 3 1st rounders, and a 3rd rounder. You greatly underestimate his value.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Very un-intelligent post!

Whitehurst has been holding a clip board for Norv "QB Groomer" Turner for the past 3 seasons. Those in the know obviously see potential in Whitehurst to be a starting QB. Nate's raw as hell and will not be ready to start anytime soon.

Whitehurst was a better talent coming out of college, which is why he was picked in the 3rd round, as opposed to Nate who was drafted in the 5th.

Why shop a guy who currently has very little value?

And as I write this, I'm asking myself, "Why write in a post that has very little relevance?"

Nate has little trade value....but he has the most potential on this team. But that's not saying much when all you have to beat is perrenial Pro bowlers Alex Smith and David Carr.

First off, Davis was the CONSENSUS #3 QB going into the draft behind Stafford and Sanchez. So why did he fall to the 5th rd? Good question but many of the answers have very little to do with his passing ability.

1) He was a Junior. Most scouts don't scout juniors particularly ones they don't expect to leave early.

2) He went to Ball State. Despite the past history of MAC quarterbacks like Roethlisberger, Pennington, and Leftwich, scouts don't take chances on smaller programs. Sure, there will be exceptions like Joe Flacco, but more often than not scouts like QBs from big-time programs like USC, ND etc..

3) He's shorter than 6-2. Again, scouts like big QBs. DeSean Jackson fans should now be in an uproar.

4) He threw without the laces. Again, a mechanical issue that really posed no problem.

5) And probably the most overrated excuse: dyslexia/learning disability. There are some people who still believe that learning disability equates lack of intelligence but only those that lack intellect actually believes this. Many people learn in different ways. Some people learn by hands-on activity and some people can learn through simple verbal instruction. And every 49er fan should know that Joe Montana has dyslexia. Don't believe me, google it.....for the lazy. BTW, high intelligence doesn't equate great QB play either- just look at our beloved Alex Smith (high wonderlic score, graduated from Utah early but it took him 5 years to break the average 80 QB rating

Notice how all the "excuses" against Nate Davis have really nothing do with him being able to play the QB position or being able to make all the QB throws like the 15 yard deep out from the opposite hashmark.

Dont be fooled by the bleacher report link, Jason Whitlock is a legitimate journalist

Quote:
A powerful, unbiased, independent journalist would've traveled to Ball State during the summer and talked with the man who recruited Tom Brady to Michigan (Brady Hoke) and the man who coached Tom Brady at Michigan (Ball State offensive coordinator Stan Parrish).

Hoke and Parrish can put Nate Davis in context more effectively than I can.

Nate Davis has the tools to be better than Tom Brady. Hoke and Parrish will tell you that, and they absolutely adore Tom Brady.

If you watch Nate Davis play, he looks like the second coming of Brett Favre.

So if Brady and Davis' former coaches believe in him, then I value the opinion of theirs more so than that of the WB haters. I mean there many that still defend Alex Smith, so why should I trust your QB assessment?

You forgot the most important reason:

6) Nate's performance dropped off the last few games of the season and he looked like a mid-round QB in his bowl game.

To be fair to Nate, he only fumbled the ball 8 times in his last two games.

Cheers.
Originally posted by BobS:
It is funny how a decent performance against opponent's players that are no longer in the NFL gives this guy such a high rating with the overly optimistic zoners. Since he really hasn't proven anything, his trade value is probably less than where he was drafted, he is worth a 7th and that's it.

not trying to start a debate, but this statement is extremely annoying. Show me once where Smith has ever looked as poised or accurate as Nate Davis, even against preseason?? I'm not saying start Davis obviously, but there is a reason we all have high hopes for this guy.
From the scouting reports I saw people were not worried about his dyslexia, but rather his intelligence. No one cares about his dyslexia so stop bringing it up and just admit that he isn't smart.
it's official! This just in! The NFL can't & doesn't groom or produce it's young backup QB's. It's a fact. Just look at the track record & it's a fact. this isn't the good old days anymore. it's a new era of football.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
It is funny how a decent performance against opponent's players that are no longer in the NFL gives this guy such a high rating with the overly optimistic zoners. Since he really hasn't proven anything, his trade value is probably less than where he was drafted, he is worth a 7th and that's it.

not trying to start a debate, but this statement is extremely annoying. Show me once where Smith has ever looked as poised or accurate as Nate Davis, even against preseason?? I'm not saying start Davis obviously, but there is a reason we all have high hopes for this guy.

has nate davis ever led a 4th quarter drive for winning td like smith did vs cardinals to open the 2007 season? or beat a team trying to play its way in the playoffs like smith did vs broncos in 2006?led a team downfield and have a winning score dropped like smith did vs seahawks last season?
nate davis aint done diddly--and kawakami says with mcloughan gone, nate lost his only true supporter in the organization---besides many web zoners
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lamontb:
This is a clown of an organization. Every other team would be starting Davis. He's gonna be a great qb. And we should forget about Spiller and get Kory Sheets back. Sheets is a special back.

Then we should bench gore and start M-Rob cause he has heart...cut Crabtree and let Dominique Zeigler tear it up for 1500 yards a game and start Roman every game cause he had that 1 interception that 1 time..
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

has nate davis ever led a 4th quarter drive for winning td like smith did vs cardinals to open the 2007 season? or beat a team trying to play its way in the playoffs like smith did vs broncos in 2006?led a team downfield and have a winning score dropped like smith did vs seahawks last season?
nate davis aint done diddly--and kawakami says with mcloughan gone, nate lost his only true supporter in the organization---besides many web zoners

I don't see the logic here. Why would Scot bring in Carr if he was a Nate supporter? Carr could step in if/when Alex fails and keep Nate stuck at the #3.

If he did support Nate, it seems more logical that he would want to to draft a QB (high or low) and give Nate a chance to compete against Hill for the #2 spot.

anything on the dollar menu.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

Cheeseburger FTW
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

Cheeseburger FTW

McChicken
Originally posted by lamontb:
This is a clown of an organization. Every other team would be starting Davis. He's gonna be a great qb. And we should forget about Spiller and get Kory Sheets back. Sheets is a special back.

Dumb. Post is dumb.

Davis has a learning disability. When he was out there as impressive as he was not only was he playing against 3rd stringers in a meaningless game but he was playing with a simplified offense to boot.

There is no urgency. Bring the kid along slowly and let him learn the offense and get familiar with the NFL. In 2011 I think he'll either make a strong push to start or move up to #2. All depends on how Alex performs this year...of course it also depends how Nate does in training camp/pre-season. No guarantee he's kept especially if we draft another qb.

I do think Nate can be special if brought up the right way...and that's not throwing him out there before he's ready.
Share 49ersWebzone