LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

How much is Nate Davis worth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Teambythebay. Really? Really? WTF?
Originally posted by BobS:
It is funny how a decent performance against opponent's players that are no longer in the NFL gives this guy such a high rating with the overly optimistic zoners. Since he really hasn't proven anything, his trade value is probably less than where he was drafted, he is worth a 7th and that's it.

Well, look at the OP, and not just the title of the thread..."Charlie Whitehurst was the Chargers' 3rd string QB who didn't even play that well in the preseasons. He's also turning 28 years old. Seahawks just gave this dude 5 millions a year and he hasn't even completed any passes in a regular season game."

So it's apparently possible for a third string QB who had never taken a regular season snap to be worth something and the post was asking if Whitehurst was worth that much, what could Davis be worth. This, on the surface at least, does not appear to be one of the "Nate is better than Alex and should be starting" starting threads, so please don't jump in with the "oh lord, more zoners hanging on Davis' nuts" complaint.

Having said that, I don't know anything about Whitehurst to be able to make any correlations with Davis and come up with any kind of value, and I'd be surprised if another team offered much for him at this point. Maybe after there's more pre-season film on him or if he somehow sees some regular season action, but I doubt they would now.

And additionally, I don't understand the question in the OP "How in the world is he going move pass our two number 1 draft picks???" That question would mean that the Niners plan on drafting 2 QBs with their two 1st round picks, and that's just insane, I would think. I would be surprised if they took any QBs in the early rounds of the draft, as I don't think any of the top rated QBs really fit what they are trying to do and aren't any more of a sure thing than what we have. Taking QBs really early in the draft can really set a team back if they miss on it.

I'm not saying I think our current QB situation is great, but I don't see them drafting one QB in the first round, let alone 2, so I don't see how Nate is going to have to get past the two first round picks.
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
I'm glad Mariucci got his wish to draft Carmazzi over walshs' choice of TOM BRADY! Geovanni Carmazzi in 2010!

This is the first I heard this. I thought Walsh was instrument in bringing in Giovanni Carmazzi
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
I'm glad Mariucci got his wish to draft Carmazzi over walshs' choice of TOM BRADY! Geovanni Carmazzi in 2010!

This is the first I heard this. I thought Walsh was instrument in bringing in Giovanni Carmazzi

Ya..thats some revisionist history there...lol.

Walsh didn't choose Brady over Carmazzi.

Walsh DID like Plummer better than Druckenmiller.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

not the way i heard it. i get most of my info from sirius nfl radio. a few weeks ago gil brandt was talking about late round qb's...and a niner fan called in. GIL, the godfather, said the niners were close to taking brady, but mooch was hot on geovanni, and got his way over walshs' recommendation. i remember thinking wow...walsh is a genius...err was. I went home that day and told my wife what I heard and that bill walsh was the man, the legend...and knew WAY too much to not be an alien. She told me she didn't care , and that the trash was full.....I'll look for the audio clip. I trust gil brandt
[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM ]
Didn't he get a 2 year deal worth 8 million? lol is he doing with 4 mill a year?

One Million Dollars!
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by BobS:
It is funny how a decent performance against opponent's players that are no longer in the NFL gives this guy such a high rating with the overly optimistic zoners. Since he really hasn't proven anything, his trade value is probably less than where he was drafted, he is worth a 7th and that's it.

Well, look at the OP, and not just the title of the thread..."Charlie Whitehurst was the Chargers' 3rd string QB who didn't even play that well in the preseasons. He's also turning 28 years old. Seahawks just gave this dude 5 millions a year and he hasn't even completed any passes in a regular season game."

So it's apparently possible for a third string QB who had never taken a regular season snap to be worth something and the post was asking if Whitehurst was worth that much, what could Davis be worth. This, on the surface at least, does not appear to be one of the "Nate is better than Alex and should be starting" starting threads, so please don't jump in with the "oh lord, more zoners hanging on Davis' nuts" complaint.

Having said that, I don't know anything about Whitehurst to be able to make any correlations with Davis and come up with any kind of value, and I'd be surprised if another team offered much for him at this point. Maybe after there's more pre-season film on him or if he somehow sees some regular season action, but I doubt they would now.

And additionally, I don't understand the question in the OP "how in the world is he gonna move past our two number 1 draft picks???" That question would mean that the Niners plan on drafting 2 QBs with their two 1st round picks, and that's just insane, I would think. I would be surprised if they took any QBs in the early rounds of the draft, as I don't think any of the top rated QBs really fit what they are trying to do and aren't any more of a sure thing than what we have. Taking QBs really early in the draft can really set a team back if they miss on it.

I'm not saying I think our current QB situation is great, but I don't see them drafting one QB in the first round, let alone 2, so I don't see how Nate is going to have to get past the two first round picks.

The two number one draft picks he is referring to are our 2 QB's on the roster ahead of Davis that got drafted number 1 overall in their draft classes

And the Gayders have to throw in a first and a second.[img=null]

But we get to keep the toy!

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Goblok, pasti.........

ia gagal
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Charlie Whitehurst was the Chargers' 3rd string QB who didn't even play that well in the preseasons. He's also turning 28 years old. Seahawks just gave this dude 5 millions a year and he hasn't even completed any passes in a regular season game.

Chargers get to move up 20 spots in the 2nd this year and a 3rd rounder next year! Whoa!

Shouldn't we be shopping Nate Davis right now? How in the world is he going move pass our two number 1 draft picks???

1- He did play well in preseason games.
2- he has spent time learning under Norv Tunrer (one of the best offensive f.b. minds & learning behind Phillip Rivers)
3-This is just like the Matt Schaub situation sort of. Schaub barely played to get a huge payday from Houston.
4-WTF does Nate Davis have to offer?
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Shouldn't we be shopping Nate Davis right now? How in the world is he going move pass our two number 1 draft picks???

If he can't play well enough to move past Smith and Carr on the depth chart, I really doubt he'd have ANY trade value with another team. Why are we discussing this??
Rams are offering their first pick straight up for Nate Davis.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Rams are offering their first pick straight up for Nate Davis.

We need to hold out for their 1st next year too. After all, we are talking about the great Nate Davis here. You don't just give him away.
Share 49ersWebzone