Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I hope this is a joke. He's awesome at his job, but has nothing to offer in any other football capacity.

Air raid....Pearl Harbor. This is no.......joke.

Thinking out of the box a bit, his lack of football experience may be an advantage as a GM.

He's proven that he is very astute with player contract negotiations and managing the salary cap. This can be parlayed into him playing the "honest broker" as a GM.

He can come across as an outsider with little vested interest or emotion about a particular footbal philosophy, and thus he can be seen by NFL "football men" and prospective FA and draftee player agents as the dispassionate guy whom they can deal with in a straightforward manner.

No personal agendas, just the business of football.

Now if he starts fancying himself as a talent evaluator, then we're in trouble, but if he proves that he can pick people who are good talent evaluators, he can be the traffic cop between the coaching staff and the scout department.

By being the "Mr. Spock" of GMs, he can ensure that we dont overpay for FA talent or underpay our own home grown players.

As long as the team's football evaluators (to include the Head Coach) come up with a consensus Draft Board and stick to it, he can keep his head above the trees and go about his work of getting them signed and into camp.

Hey, now that's the way to look at it! It could work well... this is thinking Outside the Box...
  • dj43
NO, not for GM. He has done a good job with the cap and similar business matters, but this team needs a solid football mind sitting in the GM chair, and that is NOT Marathe.
what the f**k is this s**t
Paraag is our VP of football operation. He is very well qualified to take over as the GM, Paraag was personally trained by coach Nolan on football matters.

The ownership and other members of senior management have full confidence in Paraag as our GM.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

don't even know who is is but ^^^
Originally posted by jed_york:
Paraag is our VP of football operation. He is very well qualified to take over as the GM, Paraag was personally trained by coach Nolan on football matters.

The ownership and other members of senior management have full confidence in Paraag as our GM.

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Haters!

Hey Falcon, good to hear from you. As for the suggestion, no question we have a wizard as money $man, but we are woefully in need of a grownup in the organization, someone who knows all the coaches, all the GMs, all the players, and has a keen eye for talent...someone who has burned his eyeballs out looking at potential drafts film.

Altho your idea is definitely thinking out of the box, my feelings are we need at least one all pro football guy in management. My preference would be an idea i have promoted many times in past, and that is a HOFO...head of football ops...who knows everybody, everything, and besides eyeing talent, knows how to put a team together. Scot was strong on talent evaluation, and abysmal in assembling a team. To wit, we have one (1!) starting O lineman, and 4 backups as starters.

AFter 5 yrs here, that is just frankly embarrassing. A good start would be to build our OL which will give us a magnified benefit of making our WRs, TEs, QB, RB...all better. With a lousy OL none of the above can be anywhere near as good as they could with an all pro type OL. I would love to see our new GM draft up for one of the top OTs, and also pick up Iupati. Additionally, i would love to see him FA Mawae, the 8 time probowler from the Texans who have demoted him...yet he would be a 2x or better Center than what we currently have. That would prove to me we had a guy who knew how to build a team, not just who was BPA. That has not worked out well for us.

So no, i wouldn't want to see paraag get the job. He is doing great where he is. Eddie D had his consigliere, so jedi has paraag. That is not a substitute for the one thing we need most: an all pro GM. If jedi can bring in a HOFO, that is better still. If not, i would be thrilled with a polian, a parcells, a bellicheat, a Loomis...well, you get the idea. But whatever happens, if jed pulls his impulse thing (like making a guy with only LB coaching experience a HC) well then, we be dutifully screwed. I am hoping jedi gets some expensive really professional advice and coaching on this choice, and brings in a guy exactly like one of those above...a guy who knows not only football, coaches, GMs and players...he knows how to build a team...something scot did not do.

Sorry, Falcon, we just disagree on this one. It doesn't mean you are wrong. We just disagree on this incredibly fortunate occurrence, with untold upside. I just hope jedi jed gets it right. Because if not, we are looking at 5+ more yrs like the last...just perpetual drift, no direction, no action, just reaction. Like I said: it is time for yorks to bring in a grownup to run the show...a successful, experienced one. This is no time to hire another inexperienced guy and let him "grow into the job". This is put up or shut up time. Jed needs... jedi HAS TO bring us a winner.

So far the yorks have gotten us donashole/erwreckson, noln, and scot. I am still perplexed at the jump hire of bigMike who may have been ready for a shot at DC.
We gotta have one all pro in mgmt. Now is the time for the yorks to come thru, or we are meat
for another 5-7 yrs when they once again get another shot to do it right.
I sure hope they are thinking along these same lines.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

but you guys hate him
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
The Official Paraag Marathe Currywagon