LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Willis wins Butkus Award

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Niners MLB Patrick Willis has been announced as the winner of the second-ever Butkus Award honoring a professional linebacker. The award was presented by Pro Football Hall of Fame legend and the award’s namesake, Dick Butkus, and his son, Matt."link

Originally posted by Redeemer:

• Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Redeemer:

x 3.
pay the man!
Originally posted by teeohh:
pay the man!

Originally posted by teeohh:
pay the man!

pay da man
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Isn't that twice now for Willis!
I'll be depressed if a contract extension isn't made soon.
I wish I could be happy, but the more awards he gets the harder it's going to be to sign him...........Good for him though.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wish I could be happy, but the more awards he gets the harder it's going to be to sign him...........Good for him though.

He deserves to get paid though. He has earned it and has not once complained about his contract and because of that and being the best LB in the business he should get paid.
Give the man 12 years 150 million

that should have been evident after his first year.

It shouldnt be difficult to sign him. He is the franchise player, you pay the man the max value and alter around him.
Originally posted by Thizz415:

He deserves to get paid though. He has earned it and has not once complained about his contract and because of that and being the best LB in the business he should get paid.

I agree 100 percent. I just hope he wants to get paid by us. The guy is going to be in serious demand. What's he gonna do when guys like Jerry Jones dangle a big check and Super Bowl dreams in front of his face?

He's the face of the franchise. Kinda wierd having a MLB as the frontman for a NFL team, usually a QB, RB, WR, ect.

That said, whatever ridiculous contract he gets would be an investment in the team's future. It's good business.

Willis is the nucleus of our D. Letting him go is not an option.

And if the Cowboys try to steal him away, there will be murders.

----one more thing: I believe Willis is not the typical greedy douchebag NFL player. I'm sure he has a sense of loyalty to his coach, teammates, and the team that drafted him. The 49ers would have to lowball the s**t out of him for him to want to bail.

IMO
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Mar 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone