LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Do we now have the best recieving duo in NFC west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Fitz > Vernon > Crabtree > Breaston

agreed.
No

Fitzgerald is one of, if not the best receivers in football. Crabtree is not there yet. And technically, Vernon Davis does not even count because he's a TE, not a WR.
they didn't specifically say WR, just receiver. and with the numbers Vernon put up last year he at least deserves to be in the conversation.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Fitz and Breaston is WAY better than Crabtree and Morgan.

did you read the article?

its Crabtree Davis against Fitz Breaston WITHOUT Warner

Yeah but our QBs n OC suck more than you must realize. Leinart is behind a much better OL, he has much better WRs, he has 2 good RBs and most important and much better OC n system in place to work with. Hes a Turd with all the right pieces at his disposal. All we have right now in Gore n Davis on offense. I wont say much about Crabs because he could catch a sophmore slump. So I wouldnt compare our offense to anyones just yet. Now our D compared to theirs is much much better. Our offense not so much if at all.

Rams n Seahawks imho hell yeah we are better but not the Cards.

Please clarify.

Wells and Hightower. Both are start worthy RBs tho neither are as good as Frank but both better than Coffee.

And theyre both fumble prone..

Especially against the 49ers
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I think a great receiving T.E. and one great WR,

is better than two great WR.

Agreed 100%. 2 great recievers can be contained by safety help or double coverage.

Having a WR threat and a TE threat forces teams to put their #1 man on the WR and give help over the top and forces them to either put a good corner on the TE (taking out an OLB and creating a mismatch in the running game) or to match up a LB or SS on the Vernon, which creates a mismatch for Vernon.

Fitz will get his 1000-1200 yards this year, but I don't see any other reciever breaking 750 yards or so. I think we will see Fitz get the ball forced to him since he is the focal point and because Leinart will have tunnel vision on him. The main difference is that there wont be 1 or 2 other recievers with 8 TDs and 1000 yards.

This sesaon the Niners will have their first 1000 yard reciever since TO. I think it will be Crabtree, but I think that Davis will end up with more TDs. I see Vernon with 700-1000 yards and 10 or 11 TDs and Crabtree with 1000-1300 yards and 8-10 touchdowns. One person that will benefit from those 2 is Morgan. Teams will forget about him and I could see him putting up 600-700 yards and 5 touchdowns..which would be great from your 3rd passcatcher.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Fitz > Vernon > Crabtree > Breaston

Fitz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vernon>Crabtree=Breaston

Long term I think Crabtree will be better however Breaston did put up over a 1000 yards in 2008 as the #3 receiver. Also had another good year last year with over 700 yards and 3 TD's again as the #3 receiver.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
No
the cardinals will change their offence with warner gone, they will shift to more power running with beanie wells to help leinart out, that means fitz will continue to get his stats, but i dont really think breaston is that good of a player and his numbers will drop, everyone points to him having a 1000 yrd season, but stokely once had a 1000 yrds and over 10 td's as a thrid option in the colts offence, the point i am trying to make is that if put 4 wr's on the field and throw 40 times a game with a HOF qb and dont even try to run, your wr's will get good stats, when the cards had 3 1000 yd wr's i bet their rb didnt have more than 700 yrds, they will run more this year so the passing stats will decrease
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
What about Donnie Avery & Laurent Robinson?!?

What about Marc Bulger, Kyle Bollger, or Null, Keith and no O-Line
oh what a hof qb ,consistant offensive coaching ,and a decent oline does to a recieving core.without those crucial ingredients one is forced to rely on talent alone which i believe the niners hold the edge in.Davis, morgan, and hill are all in 4.0 speed range and crabtree really looks like a bully out there with db's. Jimmy Raye? OL?? A Smith??? My point is that the cardinals system makes their receivers better. however so long as the niners continue to improve chemistry and give alex a little more time to deliver I would expect the niners to take the title this year from a likely declining cardinals squad.
p.s. remember that Davis dropped at least two potential game winners last year and Alex threw at least two Game loosing INT. Davis also padded his TD totals during loosing game comeback attempts...Only when we become clutch, when our big players make big plays when it matters will we realize our potential..go ninerz

Share 49ersWebzone