LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Do we now have the best recieving duo in NFC west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sando says maybe

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15602

I for one am excited for what Crabtree can do in his sophomore attempt especially considering how stellar he did last season all things considered. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Vernon getting the TD record all to himself.

If Alex gets a decent right tackle and some time in the pocket... I think NFC west receiving stats will be 49er dominated especially if Morgan decides to finally show up and maybe Hill gets some more shots! Not to mention how holes will blow up for Gore if we get the passing game REALLY going! aaaaaah I'm just so excited for the next season!
definitely
With this clumsy douchebag taking over, I dont even think Larry Fitzgerald will be a threat let alone Breaston.

I think a great receiving T.E. and one great WR,

is better than two great WR.
I say we throw Willis and Brooks (even if he is a Nickel situation player) at him the first defensive play of the game! If that won't make you a timid QB I don't know what will haha
Originally posted by KevinBarlow:
With this clumsy douchebag taking over, I dont even think Larry Fitzgerald will be a threat let alone Breaston.

Exactly, that whole passing game will be out of sync without Warner's excelled timing/accuracy, and the only reason guys like Doucet/Breaston outperformed their draft spot was due to just 'that' (and the security-blanket of playing 'slot' amongst Fitz and Boldin).

Crabs & Davis on the other hand are dangerous motherf**kers, Crabs can catch almost any kind of ball (and has shown more than once he's capable of YAC), and Davis is a match-up nightmare for defensive backs and safeties.

-Not to mention these guys were outperforming themselves whilst catching poorly-timed; under/over-thrown passes from Alex Smith.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Fitz and Breaston is WAY better than Crabtree and Morgan.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

did you read the article?

its Crabtree Davis against Fitz Breaston WITHOUT Warner
[ Edited by wassmuth49 on Mar 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM ]
The blog said t perfectly. Crabtree is a question mark. And fitz just raises their level despite leinerr.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wassmuth49:

Didn't read it assumed we were talking wide receivers. Im still taking Fitz and Breaston WAY ahead of Crabtree and Vernon.

Didn't Vernon and Crabtree lead the league in drops? Or were top 5 or something right?

Didn't read it assumed we were talking wide receivers. Im still taking Fitz and Breaston WAY ahead of Crabtree and Vernon.

Didn't Vernon and Crabtree lead the league in drops? Or were top 5 or something right?
Vernon has the same amount of TDs and a higher average per catch than fitz. And I will take crbs over breaston.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Vernon has the same amount of TDs and a higher average per catch than fitz. And I will take crbs over breaston.

You seriously didnt just argue for Vernon over Fitz?
Right now Breaston and Crabtree are about the same. In the long run Crabtree will be better.

ya they did vernon led the league and crabs was in top 10 however they both played really good and they hopefullly they do fix that
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

ya they did vernon led the league and crabs was in top 10 however they both played really good and they hopefullly they do fix that

They both played well, but Fitz and Breaston > Vernon and Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone