LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Should Carr Fall Back a LIttle

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Carr Fall Back a LIttle

• RedAndGOLDson49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
No, his competition is Alex Smith. I'd think I was the starter as well.

Hahaha Word.Smith is probably $hitting his pants with all the attention Carr is getting. Singeltary has said many times before that he loves competition. Naming Smith the Starter was b4 the addition of Carr, just have to see how it plays out. I just want to win don't care who is behind center. These Carr and Smith debates are gr8 when ur looking for a good laugh.
Originally posted by RedAndGOLDson49:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
No, his competition is Alex Smith. I'd think I was the starter as well.

Hahaha Word.Smith is probably $hitting his pants with all the attention Carr is getting. Singeltary has said many times before that he loves competition. Naming Smith the Starter was b4 the addition of Carr, just have to see how it plays out. I just want to win don't care who is behind center. These Carr and Smith debates are gr8 when ur looking for a good laugh.

If I was Smith, I wouldn't give a sh*t. I'd just go smash my cheerleader wife.....maybe call one of her old college classmates and have a threesome.
Hey, Carr is not Smith's buddy like Shaun was. Its all out war for Alex. Now lets see what he's made of.
I have posted this somewhere else but I think it works better here.

If you read between the lines one can see that this move doesn't have any significane for 2010. Yes, it will make sure Alex doesn't get too comfortable, but in reality, it is to cover our bases in 2011. If smith doesn't do well (or doesn't prove he is definitely the QB of the future) he will not be resigned. If that is the case, then we would be in the market for a QB (probably through the draft). This would allow for two young QBs (Davis and rookie) to develop while Carr starts in 2011 with little or no drop-off.
He should be trying to win the starting job. What's wrong with saying so? We need agressively confident players, not a bunch of pampered softies.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I think he's got exactly the right attitude. If he can push for the starting job it will make everyone better. I also like that the team is being clear that Alex is the starter but has actually brought in someone with the POTENTIAL (obviously unproven potential) to actually push smith for the job and the potential to maybe help Nate Davis develop. I would rather have a guy back there who thinks he can do the job right now than say a Trent Dilfer who came to us at a point in his career where he was happy to play second fiddle to guys who were in many ways worse than his best days. I think Carr will fall off in camp when it becomes apparent that Alex knows the offense way better than he does. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I actually voted yes but i changed my mind after reading this post. I would rather have a backup QB thats not buddy buddy with Alex and will push him to a whole new level. And teach Nate Davis a few things along the way as well.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
I have posted this somewhere else but I think it works better here.

If you read between the lines one can see that this move doesn't have any significane for 2010. Yes, it will make sure Alex doesn't get too comfortable, but in reality, it is to cover our bases in 2011. If smith doesn't do well (or doesn't prove he is definitely the QB of the future) he will not be resigned. If that is the case, then we would be in the market for a QB (probably through the draft). This would allow for two young QBs (Davis and rookie) to develop while Carr starts in 2011 with little or no drop-off.

I dont know about giving Carr the reigns for 2011. I think by then Davis will be ready and take the #1 spot for the niners QB.
I don't like the Carr signing as it is but I would hate it even more if Carr did not think he can be our starter. It's time to stop babying Smith.

Fall back a little, hell no. Neither one of those busts have proven anything for either of them to think they have any entitlement to start.

It's time both Carr and Smith stop wasting millions of dollars.
I still think we should trade for Jamarcus....just saying
Originally posted by Youngone:
I still think we should trade for Jamarcus....just saying

Yeah I hear that, give the 17th pick this year and throw in Willis.

• titan
  • Veteran
No! If Alex crumbles on this simple challenge then we know what he is made out of and don't need him leading our team! If Carr wins it because of this atittude then we have a leader.
[ Edited by titan on Mar 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM ]
Like Smith, Carr has had little success (if any) in the league. So he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Of course he's going to want to come in here and want to play.

Let's look at it this way... If he came in here and said he is comfortable with being Smith's back up forever, how would you guys take it? There you go. Some of you guys are nitpicking and just looking for something to b!tch about.
Originally posted by BrooklynNiner15:
Originally posted by VA49er:
I think he's got exactly the right attitude. If he can push for the starting job it will make everyone better. I also like that the team is being clear that Alex is the starter but has actually brought in someone with the POTENTIAL (obviously unproven potential) to actually push smith for the job and the potential to maybe help Nate Davis develop. I would rather have a guy back there who thinks he can do the job right now than say a Trent Dilfer who came to us at a point in his career where he was happy to play second fiddle to guys who were in many ways worse than his best days. I think Carr will fall off in camp when it becomes apparent that Alex knows the offense way better than he does. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I actually voted yes but i changed my mind after reading this post. I would rather have a backup QB thats not buddy buddy with Alex and will push him to a whole new level. And teach Nate Davis a few things along the way as well.

I always felt Smith's and Hill's relationship was a little odd. I mean, they are basically fighting for the same position, but are supposedly good buddies. I doubt that holds for more than a handful of QBs in the league, if any at all. Would you be good friends with someone after the same promotion you are seeking? Hell no!

That being said, I hope Carr comes in with his confidence. It may help push Smith and challenge him as a leader. If he cannot handle a little pressure from a "co-worker", then he does not belong in the NFL.
Yes of course he should back off puss out and crawl away! I hate competitive guys! Always striving to be better and advance them selves and junk, thats bulls**t man he should just lay down and die, quit now why bother Smith is so great and unbeatable that why would anyone even bother to try and compete with him!

I Want Quitters!
woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another carr thread !!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone