Not a member? Register Now!

So There WILL Be A QB Competition This Year

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by jonr422000:
See this is why we need a GM in place to bring McNabb in here. We can't give up a 1st rounder though. The Lambs I''m hearing offered the 33rd pick and a DB. Give them Alex our 2nd rounder and maybe a 4 the round next year. This woulds also be great for Nate Davis he can really learn from a good QB. Can anybody say DYNASTY part 2

you're only 2 posts into your membership here, if you stop now we won't even remember you even existed

You have over 10,000 and Im pretty sure most people don't know you are here.

FAIL

It's true, I been here about 6 or 7 months and today was the first time I noticed a post of yours.
See this is why we need a GM in place to bring McNabb in here. We can't give up a 1st rounder though. The Lambs I''m hearing offered the 33rd pick and a DB. Give them Alex our 2nd rounder and maybe a 4 the round next year. This woulds also be great for Nate Davis he can really learn from a good QB. Can anybody say DYNASTY part 2

you're only 2 posts into your membership here, if you stop now we won't even remember you even existed

FAIL

It's true, I been here about 6 or 7 months and today was the first time I noticed a post of yours.

only because I don't post some gems like you do? you're right, how could anybody not notice YOU?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

FAIL

only because I don't post some gems like you do? you're right, how could anybody not notice YOU?

Lol.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by valrod33:
NO, there won't be

Mike Singletary said that Alex Smith will be the starting quarterback heading into training camp and David Carr is the backup, end of discussion.

And we all know how Singletary is loyal to quarterbacks, and will stick with them no matter what.

Note, "heading into training camp". In other words Alex is the starter during offseason.

The first thing I told David was Alex Smith is our starting quarterback," Singletary said during the NFC coaches breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton. "There will be no competition in terms of, 'You guys compete and let's see who the best guy is.'

"The thing I did tell David was there will always be competition. I think great players always compete. Iron sharpens iron."

Rough translation: This won't be a competition in the open-ended sense of the word. No shared first-team snaps, no decision to make after training camp.

All Singletary means by "compete" is they are there to push each other, with a clear understanding who's first in line.

"It really isn't to give him confidence," Singletary said. "It is because I believe he earned it. I wouldn't say it if he wasn't. I'd be saying, 'He and David will compete until I'm sure.' But I believe he is the guy."

I get that there is no open competition, as they have been doing with their public anouncement of competition for a job in previous media melodramas. Publicly, coach is going to say the right things to reflect a system of hiearchy within position slotting. It is unprofessional to project mixed mesages to your players.

But what a coach is thinking and not saying when evaluating players is another thing. Based upon Singletary's willingness to replace starters, we all know if a new guy clearly plays better than an incumbant, the new guy is going to get a chance to start.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home