LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Who has more receiving yards next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who has more receiving yards next season?

i think vd, honestly. i can see less tds but way more yards because the presence of crabtree will open it up for vd. but, crabtree will get more targets in the redzone. lets not forget that vd was double and triple teamed this year. they cant do that once crabtree busts loose.

my predictions:

Vernon Davis: 1,080 yards 8 tds
Crabtree: 920 yards, 6 tds (We just dont throw the ball enough to have two 1,000 yard receivers. unless alex has a breakthrough year)
Morgan: 450 yards, 3 tds
Gore: 320 yards receiving, 2 tds (I think his numbers will drop with the emergence of our passing game)
Delanie Walker: 300 yards, 1 td (I think he will he featured a little more this year)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
VD.

Crabtree is somewhat overrated and overhyped on this board. He is a slow possession WR who happens to have good hands. But he is not all that fast and dynamic. Having said that I like him and think he is good for this team. However I am still not convinced he is going to be a top 5 or top 10 WR in this league.

We have a TE who just tied the all time TE record at 13 TD's and almost 1,000 yards. He's an unbelievable athlete with great speed. I can't comprehend how people would vote against him.

well no crap, he's a possession receiver. with great route running and great hands, you don't need to be a speedy receiver. rod smith was like 50 on the broncos and still had solid seasons just before his retirement.
Curtis Conway
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
i think vd, honestly. i can see less tds but way more yards because the presence of crabtree will open it up for vd. but, crabtree will get more targets in the redzone. lets not forget that vd was double and triple teamed this year. they cant do that once crabtree busts loose.

my predictions:

Crabtree: 920 yards, 6 tds (We just dont throw the ball enough to have two 1,000 yard receivers. unless alex has a breakthrough year)
Gore: 320 yards receiving, 2 tds (I think his numbers will drop with the emergence of our passing game)
Delanie Walker: 300 yards, 1 td (I think he will he featured a little more this year)

Gore is one of our top recievers every year. that number should be closer to 600 yds for him.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:

my predictions:

Gore is one of our top recievers every year. that number should be closer to 600 yds for him.

in receptions, yes. but every year hes averaged around 430 yards. go to nfl.com to check it out. but i believe a big reason why gore's had so many receptions is because the qb play is awful. when theres a bad qb, they often dump it off to the rb. i think this year our passing game will be average so i believe gore will have less oppertunities through the air. but, side note, that should open up the ground game in a HUGE way for him. i think if gore stays healthy, hes looking at 1400 yards or so.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Crabtree will join Patrick Willis in reused Chuck Norris jokes.
Based on Crabtree stats from last year if he had played an entire season he was on track for 1100+ yards no reason to expect that he does not exceed 1000 yards and have fewer dropped balls
i would say crabs on yards and VD on tds.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
He will have more yards but i think Vernon will have more TD's. Vernon is damn near unstoppable in the redzone.
Share 49ersWebzone