LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Who has more receiving yards next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who has more receiving yards next season?

It has to be Crabtree. He was on pace for close to 1000yds had he played every game this last season, and he should be better after having training camp and and preseason to work with Smith on their timing.

There where so many passed to Crabtree last season that were just out of his reach because the two were unfamiliar with each other.
VD.

Crabtree is somewhat overrated and overhyped on this board. He is a slow possession WR who happens to have good hands. But he is not all that fast and dynamic. Having said that I like him and think he is good for this team. However I am still not convinced he is going to be a top 5 or top 10 WR in this league.

We have a TE who just tied the all time TE record at 13 TD's and almost 1,000 yards. He's an unbelievable athlete with great speed. I can't comprehend how people would vote against him.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:00 AM ]
gonna say crabs but barely! Vernon is more of a deep threat so he may have fewer catches but more yards than Crabby!
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
My top 3

1. Crabtree 92rec 1,102yds 7td
2. Davis 81rec 1,016yds 10td
3. Morgan 62 695yds 4td

Now lets not get carried away with TWO 1,000 yd receivers when we haven't even had ONE in years...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
VD.

Crabtree is somewhat overrated and overhyped on this board. He is a slow possession WR who happens to have good hands. But he is not all that fast and dynamic. Having said that I like him and think he is good for this team. However I am still not convinced he is going to be a top 5 or top 10 WR in this league.

We have a TE who just tied the all time TE record at 13 TD's and almost 1,000 yards. He's an unbelievable athlete with great speed. I can't comprehend how people would vote against him.

Bear in mind we may be looking at two rookie O linemen. With an eye on the future I hope we are. If this is the case I suspect Davis will spend more time helping the line than receiving.
Originally posted by Niners99:
i love crabtree, but VD will get around 900-1000+ yds again next year, and since we havent had a 1000 yd WR since Terrell Owens, and Crabtree will be just a soph., id say VD gets more yds again.

i hope they BOTH go over 1000 next year.

either way i have a feeling theres going to be a pretty large pile of crow to be eaten around here when Smith steps it up and everything starts clicking for him with time to process info and progress in this system.

and sadly, even though 80% of this board says he isnt the future here, if he turns it around next season? nobody will admit they were a doubter. if smith stinks it up next year, ill be the first in line to call him out and admit he might not be our guy after all.

but anyways, Crabtree and VD probably BOTH go over 1000, since Crabs wouldve gone for 1000 had he played all 16 games, and if VD cuts back on his drops, all that yardage wouldve put him over 1000 last year as well. this year will only get better for the whole passing offense.

Should it happen, there will be lots of crow, myself included. That being said, I only think Crabs wil get over 1k. He will probably have something ridiculous like 1200-1300. I can't wait to see him start getting some serious YAC. VD should be good too, but I doubt he gets 1k+, since he will still drop many...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
VD.

quote]

I hear what your saying and at times even felt that way myself. However, he does seem to possess an x factor. It's hard to put my finger on it, but you just dont do what he did if your not special. He has a remarkable sense of timing and instincts. The one thing he seems to lack is real break away speed. Lets see what this year brings.
Balmer will lead the team in return yards.
Crabtree will rock it next year.
Crabtree

It's very likely both will have great years. Crabtree, while not on pace for 1k for the season as some have suggested(he averaged a a little over 58 yrds per game, it was something like 58.4 I can't remember the decimal) What I notcied most in a lot of the passes intended for him were timing issues. He is a great natural route runner, but, the timing between qb and wr happen in training camp. The entire offense's timing and rhythm will be better.

Plus, there were a couple people who said Crabs isn't a deep threat. He, on several occasions, got 5+ yrds behind defenders this past season.

Vernon will probably have about the same production next year, maybe a little bit more as I expect our offense to be on the field more.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
I can't help but think that between Davis Crabtree and heck even Morgan there is going to at great long last be a 1000+ yard niner receiver (first since TO).
Crabtree- 89 receptions 1200 yards 10 td

VD- 70 receptions 950 yards 12 td

Morgan- 55 receptions 750 yards 4 td
Cangrejo Loco
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:33 PM ]
  • MadManManny32
  • Info N/A
I think Crabs will have over 1,000
he's the most talented reciever we have had in a long time.
an vd mite get to 1,000 but ima play it safe.
My Projections
Crabtree: Rec 91 Yards 1,184 12 TD's
Davis: Rec 79 Yards 994 17 Td's
Share 49ersWebzone