There are 189 users in the forums

Presenting Frank Gore of 2009

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Great Vid!

Guys - stop with the drafting needs mumbo-jumbo!
Did the Titans NEED Chris Johnson, they had LenDale White?
Did the Vikings NEED Adrian Peterson, they had Chester Taylor?
Did the Lions NEED Calvin Johnson, they had Roy Williams?

I am as big a Gore fan as anyone, but we can't pass on a potentially game changing back because we don't NEED him. I don't NEED 10 million dollars, but it would be damn nice to have!

Well put.
Am I the only one who feels Gore IS a game changing back? Yes, every team could use 2 backs but let's acknowledge what Gore brings to this team.

1. He had far less carries this year than any other year and produced very well in the second half of the season. He was popping 5 to 6 yarders often in the second half and carrying this offense.

2. The miles on his legs aren't as bad as we all think because he only had one 300 carry season and the last two years, he has decreased closer to 200 carries.

3. Gore looked faster than any other year and did become a game breaker.

4. He is producing almost like a WR in the reception category:
52 catches, 406 yds, 7.8 per
43 catches, 373 yds, 8.7 per
53 catches, 436 yds, 8.2 per
61 catches, 485 yds, 8.0 per

Gore's accomplishments get hidden within the lack of overall offense of this team.

He's only 26 and has 4 good years in him. We have time to find a backup/replacement but for now, he IS practically our entire offense.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
nice , Gores the man
Originally posted by Dominate:
Nice vid!!!

It just blows my mind that the majority of the zone wants to draft Spiller and take carries away from this beast. Nobody explodes through the hole like Gore, Nobody!

you're right..whenever he's on the field.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Am I the only one who feels Gore IS a game changing back? Yes, every team could use 2 backs but let's acknowledge what Gore brings to this team.

1. He had far less carries this year than any other year and produced very well in the second half of the season. He was popping 5 to 6 yarders often in the second half and carrying this offense.

2. The miles on his legs aren't as bad as we all think because he only had one 300 carry season and the last two years, he has decreased closer to 200 carries.

Gore's accomplishments get hidden within the lack of overall offense of this team.

He's only 26 and has 4 good years in him. We have time to find a backup/replacement but for now, he IS practically our entire offense.

Agreed all the way. People forget that Gore was more than just a powerful downhill back before the knee injuries, and it seems like he has regained some of his lost speed every year.

I would be more than happy to add another gamebreaker like Spiller to our backfield, but more importantly we need some better linemen up front. After all, even Adrian Peterson's stats nosedived this past year when the Vikes OL seemingly aged overnight.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Agreed all the way. People forget that Gore was more than just a powerful downhill back before the knee injuries, and it seems like he has regained some of his lost speed every year.

I would be more than happy to add another gamebreaker like Spiller to our backfield, but more importantly we need some better linemen up front. After all, even Adrian Peterson's stats nosedived this past year when the Vikes OL seemingly aged overnight.

Actually, MIN had one of the worst O-Lines in 2008. Favre made them look better than they were in 2009.

I would salivate if we picked up two starting OL. I feel Gore would pass his 2006 numbers, especially with the passing game having more talent now.
Well either way we need another RB,and we don't have any RB's who will help gore carry the load.

I'm not sayin we gotta draft someone, go grab willie parker or something. But if not, then draft one,

I'll take Jahvid Best also, i'm not sayin we gotta take spiller, but it would be sick.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Well either way we need another RB,and we don't have any RB's who will help gore carry the load.

I'm not sayin we gotta draft someone, go grab willie parker or something. But if not, then draft one,

I'll take Jahvid Best also, i'm not sayin we gotta take spiller, but it would be sick.

Jahvid Best would be a GREAT pickup IMO. CAL players are always underrated coming out.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Nice vid!!!

It just blows my mind that the majority of the zone wants to draft Spiller and take carries away from this beast. Nobody explodes through the hole like Gore, Nobody!

I concur.

I don't want to take this to take away from NinerDreamer's video (which is awesome), but there's plenty of reasons why we need a legit backup to Gore ASAP.

First, Coffee isn't a backup RB in this league IMO, he just wasn't good enough.

For the reasons we need a backup:

1) Gore is a great running back in this league, that's a given. Another given is that he's more injury prone then any player on our team. Dude is assured of being injured for up to 3 or 4 games every damn season. He had one healthy season, and that was his first, but since then he's been missing plenty of games. 2) Sometimes Gore has a huge run into our red-zone, and our offense can't score because we have no running-game since Gore is too tired to come back in. That's sad. Dude only gets tired because he plays every down.

3) If Gore had a legit backup, we wouldn't have to be so scared whenever he went down, which is pretty often. Coffee and Robinson just weren't getting it done. I think we need Gore should have 75% of the carries while another back has 25%.

4) We have a huge need for KR/PR, and Spiller is, as long as being the best RB, one of the best KR/PR in the NCAA. I'd LOVE this guy as our pick.

Gore has missed 5 games in 5 years, what are you talking about?

r u crazy he usually misses 4 games a year
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by Method:
Nice vid!!!

I concur.

I don't want to take this to take away from NinerDreamer's video (which is awesome), but there's plenty of reasons why we need a legit backup to Gore ASAP.

First, Coffee isn't a backup RB in this league IMO, he just wasn't good enough.

For the reasons we need a backup:

1) Gore is a great running back in this league, that's a given. Another given is that he's more injury prone then any player on our team. Dude is assured of being injured for up to 3 or 4 games every damn season. He had one healthy season, and that was his first, but since then he's been missing plenty of games. 2) Sometimes Gore has a huge run into our red-zone, and our offense can't score because we have no running-game since Gore is too tired to come back in. That's sad. Dude only gets tired because he plays every down.

3) If Gore had a legit backup, we wouldn't have to be so scared whenever he went down, which is pretty often. Coffee and Robinson just weren't getting it done. I think we need Gore should have 75% of the carries while another back has 25%.

4) We have a huge need for KR/PR, and Spiller is, as long as being the best RB, one of the best KR/PR in the NCAA. I'd LOVE this guy as our pick.

Gore has missed 5 games in 5 years, what are you talking about?

r u crazy he usually misses 4 games a year

I know you are trolling but i cant let somebody who doesnt know your trolling ways read this and think its true

http://www.nfl.com/players/frankgore/profile?id=GOR411171

Like the video -can't believe it still irks me everytime i watch games in the past and think... "should-woulda-could..."

I'm not opposed to getting him some quality back-up, but for me the jury is still out on Coffee.
You guys need to give this guy an OL.
Not hating on gore, but i noticed you left out some of his awesome fumbles from 2009...

And watching the vid, there are a few times where he is in the open field, where I wish he would have cut outside of crabtrees block or something.. then he would have taken it to the house.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Not hating on gore, but i noticed you left out some of his awesome fumbles from 2009...

And watching the vid, there are a few times where he is in the open field, where I wish he would have cut outside of crabtrees block or something.. then he would have taken it to the house.

Well he only had 4 fumbles, and i believe two were stripped. But yea ok, i'll put gores fumbles on his highlight video. NOT

and yea i know, there were a few times he should have ran to the otherside of the block. that's obvious.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Great Vid!

Guys - stop with the drafting needs mumbo-jumbo!
Did the Titans NEED Chris Johnson, they had LenDale White?
Did the Vikings NEED Adrian Peterson, they had Chester Taylor?
Did the Lions NEED Calvin Johnson, they had Roy Williams?

I am as big a Gore fan as anyone, but we can't pass on a potentially game changing back because we don't NEED him. I don't NEED 10 million dollars, but it would be damn nice to have!

Well put.

hows that well put?
lendale white sucks.
chester taylor sucks
roy williams sucks.

they NEEDED all those picks
Share 49ersWebzone