LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Vernon Davis on Twitter Today...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yup, just cause its offensive (to some), doesn't make it any less true...
no, i dont see that being sexist. he's not saying women are bad. hes just saying a man can relate to a boy more. and its true. just like a woman can relate to a girl more than a man
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by treetrunks:
While I do not agree 100% with what the man had to say, I think that he is entitled to his own opinion on his own twitter page.

If it was, for instance, Bernie Mac(RIP), saying the same thing with a twist of humor in it on one of his stand ups, all sorts of women would be laughing their panties off and not even think twice about it.

Anyone know if it is mandatory now for players on college and professional sports to have twitter accounts? LOL

He may be entitled to his opinion however being a team captain and who is supposed to show leadership he should have known better than to make these comments. He also should be refraining from any comments like these as they will generate a negative media buzz which will in turn unfortunately reflect the team as well. Players should have more sense than to do anything that could generate negative media attention on their team.

If Bernie Mac was saying it with a twist of humor during a standup routine it would not mean it was his opinion on the matter, he'd be using it as a gimmick to generate laughs.

He did damage control in his last couple of tweets. I don't disagree with him on his opinion, but I think you are right that he shouldn't have said it because he's a team captain.

It would be nice to see him help out the coach in any way possible.
I live in DC and this has been the talk of the town all week. Coolidge high School hired a chic that plays WR for a female semi pro football league in DC. I understand his point but i disagree. Mainly b/c many kids like myself grew up with no father figure at all. so we listen and respect women more than we do men b/c that's. I grew up around nothing but females to me they are the authority. One of the reasons why inner city blacks kill each other so much is b/c we don't respect each other as men b/c we didn't have any men in our lives. If she knows her s**t they will listen and follow b/c i guarantee every one of these kids moms will tell them too or else. If it turns out she doesn't know her s**t then it will be a failure for that reason not just b/c she is a female.
I think this might be one of those, "don't say what you're thinking Vernon" moments!

But to be honest at this point, as 49er fans, we have more to be excited and anxious about, I won't let something like this bother me......it's Vernon's opinion and quite honestly I agree with him.

Chi49erfan
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I agree with VD
It may hold some truth but that doesnt mean that this woman coach wont/cant be a success. No different than a woman DR. treating a male patient. IF you have been trained properly then thats all that matters.

I think VD should practice the art of Nunya.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

whats wrong? do you guys have headaches?

-9fA
Pretty soon the teams gnna shut down the tweeting
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon is right and he should not apologize or take down his twitter.

I hate political correctness. People should speak their minds.

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for TeambyTheBay.
got your back VD!!!
Twitter is stupid. People should stop using it and stop paying attention to it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2010/03/13/cb.female.football.coach.cnn.html
Originally posted by crzy:
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2010/03/13/cb.female.football.coach.cnn.html

Nice girl though, I hope she succeeds. I said I had VD's back not because I don't agree with women coaching. I just have his back, because I know he's still immature and says stupid things sometimes.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I personally don't care what he thinks. I only care about his production on the football field.

Now, if he hits a woman, I don't care if he's a hall of famer, drag him in the street and shoot him.

He would kill a girl if he hits her. In fact, he would probably kill me if he hit me in the face.
Share 49ersWebzone