LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Vernon Davis on Twitter Today...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

JERB!
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
You know how sometimes its just better not to say anything.No matter if it is true or not. No real need to. Where is the gain in it. Therefore it was stupid.

hey man it's VD
not particularly know for his capacity to elaborate a smart attitude (in this case verbaly)
If woman needs to be home, he needs to shvt the fvck up, play pro bowl level and help bring back another trophy in SF. For the rest he's not helpfull
There's always an exception to the rule. Some day a woman built like Shaq could come along and dominate every man in her way. So never say never.
  • tap11
  • Veteran
Aside from his trouble with grammar, his instincts are correct. I wonder if he realizes this is the end result of PC nonsence.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I agree with VD
Why are people so dam sensitive and always trying to be PC about s**t. Its the truth.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Why are people so dam sensitive and always trying to be PC about s**t. Its the truth.

I'd think he'd be more concerned about the fallout of his comments. As much as the man's entitled to his own opinion, some things are better off unsaid publicly like that.

I agree that a bunch of high school boys are probably going to respond better to a male coach, for many reasons. That's the reality. But I would think that having a woman in the position who knows what she's doing, is better than putting a man there that doesn't know jack.

i kinda agree but you cant say these things publicly think it dont say it

• treetrunks
  • Info N/A
While I do not agree 100% with what the man had to say, I think that he is entitled to his own opinion on his own twitter page.

If it was, for instance, Bernie Mac(RIP), saying the same thing with a twist of humor in it on one of his stand ups, all sorts of women would be laughing their panties off and not even think twice about it.

Anyone know if it is mandatory now for players on college and professional sports to have twitter accounts? LOL
Originally posted by tap11:
Aside from his trouble with grammar, his instincts are correct. I wonder if he realizes this is the end result of PC nonsence.

It's rediculous!! Pure nonsence.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by treetrunks:
While I do not agree 100% with what the man had to say, I think that he is entitled to his own opinion on his own twitter page.

If it was, for instance, Bernie Mac(RIP), saying the same thing with a twist of humor in it on one of his stand ups, all sorts of women would be laughing their panties off and not even think twice about it.

Anyone know if it is mandatory now for players on college and professional sports to have twitter accounts? LOL

He may be entitled to his opinion however being a team captain and who is supposed to show leadership he should have known better than to make these comments. He also should be refraining from any comments like these as they will generate a negative media buzz which will in turn unfortunately reflect the team as well. Players should have more sense than to do anything that could generate negative media attention on their team.

If Bernie Mac was saying it with a twist of humor during a standup routine it would not mean it was his opinion on the matter, he'd be using it as a gimmick to generate laughs.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I personally don't care what he thinks. I only care about his production on the football field.

Now, if he hits a woman, I don't care if he's a hall of famer, drag him in the street and shoot him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Vernon is right
Share 49ersWebzone