There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather let him play out another season before giving him a big contract

It doesn't have to be big. I would guess that it would be north of what Tarell Brown got last year (5 years/$8.1 Million) . . . maybe 5 years - $10-12 Million with a decent signing bonus accelerated to this year so if he ends up tanking they can cut their losses. A nice raise but not too crazy.

I really hope so. i would wait til after this season to sign him. Rewarding guys for one good season tends to lead them to thinking they are great and they seem to work less and under perform. Like they extended Parys way too soon. Same thing happened with Brandon Moore. Even Brown got an extension without earning it. I wouldn't be mad about a contract set up like you described at all. anything more than that imo is a mistake at this point. Make the guy go out there and earn it on a consistent basis, and not let one season dictate extensions. Once he does that then pay him.
I agree with you for Parys and the other guys; I even felt that way immediately after their signings, but Goldson will be the exception Bro.

The man is the truth. Hes much more valuable than Brown and Parys in my opinion.
Hes more productive too
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM ]
Well if this Extention news is true.. THEN HELL YEA we need to get that guy to resign that would be huge
i hope they didn't jump the gun on his extension. i would've liked to have seen one more year of solid performance first
i hope so he is our best safety since merton hanks left he is a ball hawk and a hard hitter forced 2 fumbles vs cardinals monday night football with big hits we need to extend him and p willis and v davis before they hit free agency and we have to overpay to retain their services
Where's the contract......
What happened? Here's a question that was asked to Maiocco during his chat today.

[Comment From Dashon GoldsonDashon Goldson: ]
It has been reported that myself and the 49ers have had contract talks this offseason.....Do you think I am the next in line for an extension?
Thursday May 6, 2010 12:44 Dashon Goldson
12:45

Matt Maiocco:
Not necessarily. I've heard that his representation is asking for a monster deal -- somewhere along the lines of $7 million a year.

is he worth 7 mil a year?
nfl salaries for safetys in 2009
Originally posted by teeohh:
What happened? Here's a question that was asked to Maiocco during his chat today.

It has been reported that myself and the 49ers have had contract talks this offseason.....Do you think I am the next in line for an extension?

Matt Maiocco:
Not necessarily. I've heard that his representation is asking for a monster deal -- somewhere along the lines of $7 million a year.

f**k NO

Maybe 3-4 million tops
How am I supposed to trust you when you can't even beat me in madden?
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
5 yr 20mil 5mil signing bonus would be great
If he does well this season, give him the contract that we gave Michael Lewis. If he sucks, then gtfo--nobody will care. Curtis Taylor will step in and play for $500K a year.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Matt Maiocco:

f**k NO

Maybe 3-4 million tops

and put in some incentives. or atleast something like lewis' contract where it is roster bonuses every year or 2. when that is the case i have no problem with paying people more than they are worth now.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Matt Maiocco:

f**k NO

Maybe 3-4 million tops

What the hell has got him thinking that he deserves to get that kind of money? I think he's no more than just an average FS.

If he wants $7M/year, we let him walk.

-9fA
People are overrating Goldson on here. Proofootballfocus.com has him as one of the WORST safety coverage-wise last season. So what that he did well for a few games--do it for a few seasons then talk. Michael Lewis was lights out for one year with the Eagles then what happened to him? he played average to below average his entire career.

There will be always hungrier guys that have something to prove that will come in and work.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
WTF is this s**t 7 mil/year!? you can f**k off dashon
Originally posted by HessianDud: