There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by susweel:
Probably a bit early for an extension, dude only played like a couple of good games.

He had great numbers. Sign him
now before he asks for rolle money

I'd rather wait for him to develop into a Rolle type player and pay him. Rather then sign him early and have him be the next Parris Hilton Haralson.

Rolle: 72 tackles 1 FF 4 INT's 1 TD

Goldson 94 tackles 3 FF 4 INT's 2 sacks


who had the better season? and this is Goldson's first year as a starter
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather let him play out another season before giving him a big contract

It doesn't have to be big. I would guess that it would be north of what Tarell Brown got last year (5 years/$8.1 Million) . . . maybe 5 years - $10-12 Million with a decent signing bonus accelerated to this year so if he ends up tanking they can cut their losses. A nice raise but not too crazy.

Once an average guy like Antrell Rolle became the highest paid safety, Dashon immediately saw $$$. He will get a lot more than 5 years 10 mil.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by susweel:
Probably a bit early for an extension, dude only played like a couple of good games.

He had great numbers. Sign him
now before he asks for rolle money

I'd rather wait for him to develop into a Rolle type player and pay him. Rather then sign him early and have him be the next Parris Hilton Haralson.

You obviously don't watch the Cardinals play enough. Rolle freaken sucks. He was good for a few highlights last year, but other than that, he's a scrub. Cards fans are saying the same thing.

Obviously the Giants dont think so. Also the Dolphins wanted him.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather let him play out another season before giving him a big contract

It doesn't have to be big. I would guess that it would be north of what Tarell Brown got last year (5 years/$8.1 Million) . . . maybe 5 years - $10-12 Million with a decent signing bonus accelerated to this year so if he ends up tanking they can cut their losses. A nice raise but not too crazy.

Once an average guy like Antrell Rolle became the highest paid safety, Dashon immediately saw $$$. He will get a lot more than 5 years 10 mil.

Rolle got paid like a four year starter (still inflated), but if Goldson is expecting anywhere near what Rolle got then no effing thank you.
I like it how the mods protect each other
like a crime fighting team...

'GOOD JOB BRO" "DUDE THANKS"

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather let him play out another season before giving him a big contract

It doesn't have to be big. I would guess that it would be north of what Tarell Brown got last year (5 years/$8.1 Million) . . . maybe 5 years - $10-12 Million with a decent signing bonus accelerated to this year so if he ends up tanking they can cut their losses. A nice raise but not too crazy.

I really hope so. i would wait til after this season to sign him. Rewarding guys for one good season tends to lead them to thinking they are great and they seem to work less and under perform. Like they extended Parys way too soon. Same thing happened with Brandon Moore. Even Brown got an extension without earning it. I wouldn't be mad about a contract set up like you described at all. anything more than that imo is a mistake at this point. Make the guy go out there and earn it on a consistent basis, and not let one season dictate extensions. Once he does that then pay him.
i would actually let him play the 2010 season and then re-evaluate if we should re-sign or not. he had 1 good season. the only way i would want to sign him is if he took a "discount" and not try to match rolle's contract. if not, franchise his a**
Love Goldson! We should Fire Scotty for drafting such an awesome player!
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I like it how the mods protect each other
like a crime fighting team...

'GOOD JOB BRO" "DUDE THANKS"


i dont get it... protect?

ya protect as in from the rest of the veterans in here from getting bashed on

ya digg??????
Originally posted by maximill15:
Love Goldson! We should Fire Scotty for drafting such an awesome player!


Yup-

Goldson was the "other" pick in the deal when we traded #42 to Indy in 2007.

We got Indy's 2007 4th (Goldson) and 2008 1st (Balmer) in exchange for #42.
If this is really happening, I'm super down with it. One less thing to worry about later on!
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Got a question?

Not yet.
He'll sign and run with the Big Dogs
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Great news about a young player who just had a career year!

16 games - 94 tackles (76 solo) - 2 sacks - 4 int's - 3 forced fumbles - 6 pass deflections


...How could he not have a career year? This was his first year playing?

Is that what you're doing today?...Criticizing people's word choice in their posts?

You know what I meant! But I'll reiterate it for you:

Goldson's 2009/10 season was...ummm...good!

Get a better hobby!
Good to hear and once finalized they need to lock Franklin, PW, and Vernon.