There are 185 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
After seeing his terrible play when Driver scored, I have to ask the question: How exactly is Goldson better than Mays?

Because he's a "ballhawk" duh! Bwahaha he's a joke!
This guy is just playing bad. He appears to just not know how to play safety. He's never behind the defender. Every week he's just getting beat deep, and getting beat badly. He never makes an accurate play on the ball, and is a suspect tackler. The sad thing is this also describes Mays and Smith. They have major holes at safety, and it's been that way for 3 years now.
Watch Goldson here. I've never seen so many bad plays on ONE offensive play by one defensive player, I don't think ever. It is hideous.

Originally posted by lamontb:
This guy is just playing bad. He appears to just not know how to play safety. He's never behind the defender. Every week he's just getting beat deep, and getting beat badly. He never makes an accurate play on the ball, and is a suspect tackler. The sad thing is this also describes Mays and Smith. They have major holes at safety, and it's been that way for 3 years now.

I dont disagree, but doesn't that speak to coaching? Why are defenders always getting behind him? Maybe because he is always at the line of scrimmage looking into the backfield trying to stop the run.
Watch Goldson here. I've never seen so many bad plays on ONE offensive play by one defensive player, I don't think ever. It is hideous.

Each game GOldson is getting worse, kinda like Troy smith.. I have faith in Mays, but not for reggie smith.

Its kinda sad that if a new staff comes in, he would have to cut or trade tarrell brown/nate/goldson/reggie smith.. at minimum to build a non suspect secondary.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I dont disagree, but doesn't that speak to coaching? Why are defenders always getting behind him? Maybe because he is always at the line of scrimmage looking into the backfield trying to stop the run.

That's not coaching that's called a bad player. He's supposed to look in the backfield for the run and to read the qb's eyes. If it's run then he comes up to make the play. If it's not run then he falls into his coverage responsibilities. Not covering your man b/c you are jumping imaginary routes and not being able to tackle has nothing to do with coaching.

He tackles the wrong guy. Its sad.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

He lead at the correct guy...and fell over onto the other guy.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That's not coaching that's called a bad player. He's supposed to look in the backfield for the run and to read the qb's eyes. If it's run then he comes up to make the play. If it's not run then he falls into his coverage responsibilities. Not covering your man b/c you are jumping imaginary routes and not being able to tackle has nothing to do with coaching.

Is that really how it works? At his discretion? I've never been a coach, but you would think you could let our 3 Dline and 4LBs worry about run. As we have already seen, having our DBs worry about the run leads to big plays in the form of play action pass or the flea flicker.

After all, isn't that why droping 8 men in the box is risky against a good QB.

Honestly, I dont know. It just seems too simple to say everyone sucks. Again, I've seen too many players leave the Niners to go on and be solid on other teams.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
After seeing his terrible play when Driver scored, I have to ask the question: How exactly is Goldson better than Mays?

I have to ask myself how is this guy better than Mark Roman sometimes.

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Youngone:

He lead at the correct guy...and fell over onto the other guy.

The worst thing about that play...it's probably Goldson who blew the coverage and left Driver get opened. Really disappointing season from several players on the defense, but especially him.
  • dj43
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Let him walk. We've got plenty of depth behind him at safety.

I would rather give the money to lawson then someone who bits on every play fake.Lawson is actually earning a new contract this year.

I hope Lawson has not been turned off over the lack of an offer. I somehow get the feeling he won't stick around to listen to an offer after being snubbed the entire year.

Snubbed? It's business. He will listen to the offer when it comes.

Rumors that were flying two weeks ago were that Manny is very upset with the FO.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Let him walk. We've got plenty of depth behind him at safety.

I would rather give the money to lawson then someone who bits on every play fake.Lawson is actually earning a new contract this year.

I hope Lawson has not been turned off over the lack of an offer. I somehow get the feeling he won't stick around to listen to an offer after being snubbed the entire year.

Snubbed? It's business. He will listen to the offer when it comes.

Rumors that were flying two weeks ago were that Manny is very upset with the FO.

would you be happy with our FO?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Be fair now Goldson was playing his assignment. Too bad Manusky is too stupid to call a time out there once Bam Bam and TKO gave up their intent. Goldson was looking for something underneath. Unfortunately Rodgers has the go ahead to audible and he made the most of it.

Our DBs' suck at having to chase and tackle a Receiver though. The whole unit looked like a bunch Preschoolers trying to gang tackle the snack lady.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 5, 2010 at 11:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone