LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goldson smoked a huge pole today
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I wonder why we don't make him our back up SS.

he would just miss too many tackles..

-9fA
BREAKING NEWS:

Dashon Goldson watch, week 12.

Caught blowing cock on the field for an 11th straight game! He was SO busy fondling nuts and loving it that he forgot receivers can run routes that go down the field!

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 5, 2010 at 14:26:53 ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Let him walk. We've got plenty of depth behind him at safety.

I would rather give the money to lawson then someone who bits on every play fake.Lawson is actually earning a new contract this year.

I hope Lawson has not been turned off over the lack of an offer. I somehow get the feeling he won't stick around to listen to an offer after being snubbed the entire year.

Snubbed? It's business. He will listen to the offer when it comes.

True, but Manny has the 9ers over a barrel right now. Given the season he's having + the club's record + what I'm sure amounts to a perceived snubbage earlier this year by the 49ers. He's in a very good position to be pretty firm on the negotiations. I'm sure he'll have his suitors in the off season as well so he doesn't even have to pretend as though he's interested in any offer we table right now. Ball's completely in his court to my eyes.

If we're not going to switch to a 4-3 next year and maximize his talents for the salary he'll command, then it will hardly be worth getting into a bidding war over a guy who amounts to a good gap defender/"edge setter" (whatever the F) with some pass coverage skills in a 3-4. We sign him and stay in a 3-4 and we're basically gambling on hitting a home run in drafting a backside pass rusher or hoping the Steelers go full retard and let Woodley go while simultaneously paying top dollar for a misfit 3-4 Sam LB'er with little or no 1 on 1 pass rush ability. This is not a step forward to fixing what's wrong with this defense; merely a really expensive finger in the dike, and for me this is not good business.

Let's not forget that in both defenses we still don't have a pass rusher, proven competent safeties or a proper man up corner, as well as a proper nose tackle if we're to stay with the 3-4. Manny's a good player with lots of potential and I like him, but we have more important areas to throw money at on this defense, not to mention whatever remodeling our new coaches will be doing on the other side of the ball.

We probably already have a cheaper replacement at Sam on the roster for both defenses anyway. Besides; Manny waits until his contract is up to have his best year...we've seen that show before; pass.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
BREAKING NEWS:

Caught blowing cock on the field for an 11th straight game! He was SO busy fondling nuts and loving it that he forgot receivers can run routes that go down the field!

Dashizzle

The money aint gonna drizzle

Your play sucks donkey bizzles

. . .

Talk about a guy who overplayed his hand lol
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
BREAKING NEWS:

I can imagine this as a game of Deal or No Deal with Dashon...

Howie: Alright, the deal is up to 15m/5 years Dashon...do you accept?

Dashon's Dad: No deal!! No deal!!!

Dashon's Agent: We'll risk it. No deal!!!

Dashon: I'm pretty good at teh fo0tballz. I'll go with NO DEAL!

Howie: Alright...choose a case.

Dashon: I'll take 38.

Howie: 38 it is! What's inside...? No interception for you, Dashon, there was a 40m/8 year deal inside! I'm sorry, but the banker is calling...yes...ok...that's cruel, he'd never accept that...

I'm sorry but the 49ers have rescinded their offer.

Dashon: ...
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I wonder why we don't make him our back up SS.

This!
What he really needs is to negotiate is an extension for his arms so he can actually wrap a guy up and tackle him.The guys starting to make me miss Dana Hall

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
What he really needs is to negotiate is an extension for his arms so he can actually wrap a guy up and tackle him.The guys starting to make me miss Dana Hall

Moral of the story: never draft safeties from Washington ever again.
As much as I want to bash Goldson I am hesitent to put too much blame on him. No one, not even Willis is playing that great this year. Secondly, I think Goldson makes way too many tackles at the line of scrimmage for a saftey. In other words, they play him too close to the line. The Niners are over concerned with the run.
You'd think this guy would play better in a contract year...I guess not.
After seeing his terrible play when Driver scored, I have to ask the question: How exactly is Goldson better than Mays?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
After seeing his terrible play when Driver scored, I have to ask the question: How exactly is Goldson better than Mays?

I have to ask myself how is this guy better than Mark Roman sometimes.
Share 49ersWebzone