LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lock him up!
That's really good news, just hope they aren't using Rolle's contract as a measuring stick.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
That's really good news, just hope they aren't using Rolle's contract as a measuring stick.

Honestly I think Rolle's deal is WHY they are doing the extension now....Instead of letting Dashon build on his success and produce a pro bowl year next year, they are locking him up now for significantly cheaper...
who the hell are you ?
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the hell are you ?

Considering I've beaten you in Madden....
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Honestly I think Rolle's deal is WHY they are doing the extension now....Instead of letting Dashon build on his success and produce a pro bowl year next year, they are locking him up now for significantly cheaper...

Unfortunately, I feel it's the exact opposite reason. Goldson saw huge money and potential with the recent Rolle signing, and probably feels that Rosenhaus can produce money for him
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Mar 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
f**k yeah! Quickly becoming one of my favorite players..liked him since we got him

• mod
  • Veteran
Good s**t dude
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the hell are you ?

Considering I've beaten you in Madden....

psssssssssh i could TOTALLY pwn you both
Thanks J you know we or at least i really appreciate you letting us know. We know this guy is pretty good and will only get better in his second starting season. I would rather lock him up now than have him outperform safety's like Collins from GB who i think he is better than and could make the pro bowl over him and players like Rolle as well.

Elguapo likes this plethora of info

thank you Mr. MM
This was totally expected, specially after seeing the type of tweet Dashon had left Antrel Rolle (thanking him for setting the new 'medium' on Safety contracts), and the fact that locking Dashon up asap was amongst our top off-season priorities before training camp.
Great news about a young player who just had a career year!

16 games - 94 tackles (76 solo) - 2 sacks - 4 int's - 3 forced fumbles - 6 pass deflections

This is good news and all that, but I wish Pat Willis was first in line.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Great news about a young player who just had a career year!

16 games - 94 tackles (76 solo) - 2 sacks - 4 int's - 3 forced fumbles - 6 pass deflections

...How could he not have a career year? This was his first year playing?
Share 49ersWebzone