There are 275 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smith got beat plenty of times. We need to keep Mays and find/draft another safety to start along side. I would prefer a vet.
  • dj43
Originally posted by maximill15:
id rather him leave and get compensation

I don't disagree. I just think he isn't worth much in compensation. I forget the formula right now but a 5th round pick seems to stick in my mind.

On a slightly different approach, I am willing to bring him back next year if the price is right. I have so little respect for most of the 49er position coaches right now that I am willing to keep him if the new HC (I hope Sing is gone) brings in a secondary coach that can coach him up.

That still leaves me with the problem that Goldson does not have cover speed nor does he have the size to be a good SS. In a way he reminds me of Bob Sanders of the Colts, although without the talent level. Sanders is a little guy for the way he plays. The problem with that is that all those fearsome hits Sanders laid down for the three years he was very good have taken a toll on his body. He is likely finished as a player after only a few years of good play. The point is, you can't play like Goldson wants to play if you don't have more size.

Time will tell but he certainly isn't going to get the pay day he was hoping for based on his play so far this season.
I view Goldson as expendable... He is going to be looking for big money, the sort of deal the Rolle got with the Giants. IMO he is not worth anywhere close to 5yrs and 40 Million.

The 49ers have many guys that will be free agents after this year. You can't sign them all. I would much rather see the CAP spent elsewhere (Lawson, Baas) not on Goldson.
f**k Goldson unless he steps his s**t up major he can leave town and waste someone elses money.
Goldson was the reason for the td run from Jackson.
Goldson should feel lucky if he gets a contract with the UFL next year. Dude's invisible most of the time and when he does make an appearance, it's for all the wrong reasons.

GTFO.
Not sure it's been noted here, but the CBA could dictate that Goldson could be a RFA.

This means we could and then should tender him for a 2nd round value, and see what happens.

Otherwise, of course forget about paying him big money. That ship has sailed.
  • dj43
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I view Goldson as expendable... He is going to be looking for big money, the sort of deal the Rolle got with the Giants. IMO he is not worth anywhere close to 5yrs and 40 Million.

The 49ers have many guys that will be free agents after this year. You can't sign them all. I would much rather see the CAP spent elsewhere (Lawson, Baas) not on Goldson.

Agree. Lawson has definitely earned an extension although rumors are flying that he is very frustrated that the 49ers have not been willing to open discussions. That leads me to believe he may just leave for a team that is more willing to recognize his contribution. He was been misused/miscast much of his career here. He may feel it is time to look for a situation that better suits his talents. I would blame him if he did.

Baas has been a pleasant surprise. I was ready to let him walk after last season, however, with Heitmann seeming to have a significant neck injury, I believe they have to make an effort to extend Baas now. He has played much better than most thought, myself included.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Let him leave we need to upgrade the position.

Smith/Mays next season.

That

use the money on manny lawson

No that dude also needs to be replaced.

Also looks like Mays has been benched.

Mays didn't get benched Singletary is dumb. plain and simple.
he's my least favorite defender on the team. doesn't do ANYTHING good

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I wanna release my anger yesterday on the zone when he gave the TD run to Steven Jackson but the site crash. He f#cking sucks he couldn't even tackle and miss his assignment that is the reason why Jackson got TD run. For some reason he gives up a TD run or big gainers to opposing Offense. I WANT THIS GUY BENCH. Unfortunately on MM's twitter he responded on a tweet if there is a possibility Goldson would also get bench since Mays got bench. This is according to MM that Goldson will not be bench because he got the experience and calls the plays on the defense.. Can we say Mark Roman JR. Has experience and calls the plays but f#cking sucks.
he can kick rocks. hes been getting punked all year for big plays. they need to start reggie and taylor out there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Let him leave we need to upgrade the position.

Smith/Mays next season.

That

use the money on manny lawson

No that dude also needs to be replaced.

Also looks like Mays has been benched.

Mays didn't get benched Singletary is dumb. plain and simple.

He got benched because he sucks.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he can kick rocks. hes been getting punked all year for big plays. they need to start reggie and taylor out there.

YES INDEED
Share 49ersWebzone