LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Trade nate for a 4th or 5th, the patriots got some good young secondary depth/starters in those rounds.

It's hard to compare anyone to the Pats. They're the best coached team in the NFL. (Man, I hated admitting that.) If Spencer and Clements played in NE, they'd be studs. Bellicek always has his team prepared and gets his guys in the right position.

Although, I agree that we need to start investing in our secondary. Clements was signed out of desperation. Aside from maybe Tarell Brown, we haven't really targeted cover-DBs. Clements, Goldson and Mays are all physical guys and not regarded for their coverage skills. It's time we went after some cover guys.

I think Manusky would be much more aggressive if he had faith in his coverage. Instead, Willis and Spikes/Bowman rarely get involved in the pass rush. We kind of become predictable with our blitzes. Pittsburgh is a great at sending their ILBs and disquising their blitzes. It only makes it that much more difficult for offenses to cheat protections towards stopping Woodley and Harrison.
This guy sucks. He makes the secondary sorry. Come on check the stats this weekend. 1 tackle. Wow anyone on here could make 1 tackle. There is one if u watched the game were he really whiffed. I know u guys saw it. Let him go, please!!!!!
Originally posted by Lpgurrola:
This guy sucks. He makes the secondary sorry. Come on check the stats this weekend. 1 tackle. Wow anyone on here could make 1 tackle. There is one if u watched the game were he really whiffed. I know u guys saw it. Let him go, please!!!!!

He has the talent. Now though, he always goes for the KO and refuses to wrap-up. If his technique was sound, he'd be a stud. He's basically a strong safety, with good ballskills. I like having him on the team, but I don't think he's worth high-FS money. He's too inconsistant and a liability in coverage (not as much as Clements, but still).
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by tdavenport88:
All of you guys calling for Nate Clements to be moved to safety need to understand that you are not playing Madden football.

exactly

no CB ever makes a good transition to safety

EVER!!!!!!
Ronnie Lott, Merton Hanks(All Big 10 CB in college), Rod Woodson...

I'm pretty sure you people should have your sarcasm meters on. C'mon you people should know RonMex better than that!!!

I was fully aware of the sarcasm, my post is more for the people that dismiss everything with the "this isn't madden" response.

*high five*
Originally posted by strickac:

He has the talent. Now though, he always goes for the KO and refuses to wrap-up. If his technique was sound, he'd be a stud. He's basically a strong safety, with good ballskills. I like having him on the team, but I don't think he's worth high-FS money. He's too inconsistant and a liability in coverage (not as much as Clements, but still).

What kind of ballskills are you talking about, it cant be on the field because he hasn't done s**t but get picked on by qb's. If you watch the play he didn't go for a knockout he just does not know how to tackle. Nate makes mistakes but he also helps with the run and besides the occasional bite he is good in coverage. Goldson dose nothing for the run game and is who qbs key off on when its crunch time. If is playing nothing close to s "stud."
thehawk38 Dashon Goldson
I'm on here to interact wit fans not for #lames to tell ME how to do MY job. And trust I dnt let u bums get to me I'm a person tht speaks his mind. #Hihater

LOL I guess fans have let him know about his play and it's HAS gotten to his head! LMAO
Originally posted by verb1der:
thehawk38 Dashon Goldson
I'm on here to interact wit fans not for #lames to tell ME how to do MY job. And trust I dnt let u bums get to me I'm a person tht speaks his mind. #Hihater

LOL I guess fans have let him know about his play and it's HAS gotten to his head! LMAO

Someone probably gave him an example of how to tackle:
Fan: Yo Dashon!
DG: What up?
Fan: Man I gotta tell you something
DG: Whats that?
Fan: Well I learned this in Pee Wee and it might help, When you tackle open your arms and look up at your target.......
DG: gtfo here hater.

-
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
This dude is still on the team? I must have missed it. Oh, wait... missed it... now I remember!
thehawk38 Dashon Goldson

hahahahaha
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Trade nate for a 4th or 5th, the patriots got some good young secondary depth/starters in those rounds.

But they have really really really really really really smart and good owner, GM, and coaches

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
thehawk38 Dashon Goldson

hahahahaha

Why does he talk like a teenager?
  • dj43
Originally posted by strickac:

Goldson reminds me a lot of Keith Lewis...a big hitter who hasn't learned to tackle under control. He has more speed and ability than Lewis but he maybe should listen to what some of the folks here have to say. He might improve.
I hope this isn't true...not very impressed w/Goldson. For all his supposed ballhawking abilities, I just haven't seen them. We can do better...still say our future S are Mays and Reggie Smith.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I hope this isn't true...not very impressed w/Goldson. For all his supposed ballhawking abilities, I just haven't seen them. We can do better...still say our future S are Mays and Reggie Smith.

I'm not all that impressed with Smith.

Goldson is having a very mediocre year for a guy in his contract season. If Smith can't beat him out for a starting job, then I conclude Smith isn't very good.

Oh wait, you were talking about REGGIE? nvm
Just design a flea-flicker in the contract offer for $1 million per year and he may just fall for it.
Share 49ersWebzone