LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

Sing taking more prominent role in FA/DRaft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Number of restricted free agents that changed teams in 2009: 0

He is doing the smart thing, what the times call for. And in an uncapped year that is pick the best guys you need for your team in the draft.

I attribute the labor situation to more recruiting rather than a new found interest or style from Sing.

Whatever makes us better come September

Your absolutly right! Farve had zero impact on the Vikings!

And Sharper was a disgrace with his wack ass 9 interceptions!

Global Nomad for f**kin President!

Farve and Shapper were unrestricted free agents. This year the majority of players are restricted. Due to labor issues I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for attempting to mock me.[/quote]

Come on. Dont make me feel like a jerk. Cuba was talking about FA in general, I just took your statement as a general statement about FA.

As a side note, wasn't Sing the one that didn't want to draft Willis? Good thing he is leading the charge.

Is this NolanNonsense reincarnated? What next?

He is doing the smart thing, what the times call for. And in an uncapped year that is pick the best guys you need for your team in the draft.

I attribute the labor situation to more recruiting rather than a new found interest or style from Sing.

Farve and Shapper were unrestricted free agents. This year the majority of players are restricted. Due to labor issues I mentioned earlier.

Come on. Dont make me feel like a jerk. Cuba was talking about FA in general, I just took your statement as a general statement about FA.

As a side note, wasn't Sing the one that didn't want to draft Willis? Good thing he is leading the charge.

No I believe that was Nolan.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by cubanb:
He is doing a great job in FA so far then. That must have been one hell of a helicopter tour he took Carr on to land a former #1 pick.

seriously, all you people b***hin' about free agency have no idea about our team or football.

Ya seriously, we build through the draft
Originally posted by Eli_23:

No I believe that was Nolan.
it was sing until he got to see him at the Sr Bowl
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea, but Scot is the one who was adamant about drafting Willis and he is the final voice on personnel decisions. So, that should mean (according to your logic) - he knows exactly what to do.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yea, but Scot is the one who was adamant about drafting Willis and he is the final voice on personnel decisions. So, that should mean (according to your logic) - he knows exactly what to do.

Thats right genius.

Giving up a #1 and #3 is crazy in a draft this deep! and its FAVRE! not FARVE! sheesh!
I feel Sing should keep his nose out of Semi-GM role. It's one thing knowing the X's and O's down to needing a faster receiver in this spot on this exact play during a game as Walsh did which helped him know exactly who would fit and it's another thing to only know the generality of both sides of the ball and try to stare a Draftee in the face to see if he will fit in.
i hope sing does take a more proactive role in FA and Draft b/c because our talent evaluators suck fat genitals...Cough....Cough....McClueless
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Thats right genius.

Great, so why are you complainin' about off-season moves (or lack thereof) since the FA has started?

Favre and Sharper WERE NOT Restricted FAs...As a Matter of fact Not a single restricted FA changed teams last year...before you try running someone else into the ground make sure you know what you're talking about...
I appreciate that Coach Sing is doing his work, and putting in the hours to find us some help for our return game.
Let's be honest we need to build through the draft and not waste money through free agency at this point, we are building a strong team here, and I want these players to be around for a long time!
Chi49erfan
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:

Favre and Sharper WERE NOT Restricted FAs...As a Matter of fact Not a single restricted FA changed teams last year...before you try running someone else into the ground make sure you know what you're talking about...
Well as long as the NINERS make it to the post season with 10 wins or more.
Share 49ersWebzone