LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Sing taking more prominent role in FA/DRaft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20100310/SPT0101/303100079/

He was the 49ers representative at the cincinatti pro day looking at Gilyard, Pike, and Daniels. Also was the guy who met with that blocking TE Becht. And I recall reading an article where he said he wants to take more of a role in the draft/building his team. I like it since it's supposed to be his team and he knows what he needs. Sometimes GMs just look at athleticism/potential vs production, or a stereotype like looking for big and strong players whereas a coach knows he needs a speedy returner, or he needs a certain type of player to do what he wants, etc. What do you guys think?
He is doing a great job in FA so far then. That must have been one hell of a helicopter tour he took Carr on to land a former #1 pick.
[ Edited by cubanb on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cubanb:
He is doing a great job in FA so far then. That must have been one hell of a helicopter tour he took Carr on to land a former #1 pick.

seriously, all you people b***hin' about free agency have no idea about our team or football.
Originally posted by Chief:

seriously, all you people b***hin' about free agency have no idea about our team or football.

it gets anoying dont it chief?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

it gets anoying dont it chief?

I don't mind that we haven't made a huge splash, I mind more that we haven't added any depth.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

I don't mind that we haven't made a huge splash, I mind more that we haven't added any depth.

We have 53 roster spots next year, a draft next month, contracts to extend, the only FA's that we could have used were the guys that got way overpaid or Rf*gents... I just don't know who you wanted to sign?
  • DatNazzztyNiNer
  • Info N/A
It doesnt really matter much unless we get an oline or a better qb we wont even win the division
Number of restricted free agents that changed teams in 2009: 0

He is doing the smart thing, what the times call for. And in an uncapped year that is pick the best guys you need for your team in the draft.

I attribute the labor situation to more recruiting rather than a new found interest or style from Sing.

Whatever makes us better come September
I really like what Coach Singletary is doing. He knows what he wants & he is out there looking for it. Go 49ers

Originally posted by global_nomad:

He is doing the smart thing, what the times call for. And in an uncapped year that is pick the best guys you need for your team in the draft.

I attribute the labor situation to more recruiting rather than a new found interest or style from Sing.

Your absolutly right! Farve had zero impact on the Vikings!

And Sharper was a disgrace with his wack ass 9 interceptions!

Global Nomad for f**kin President!
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

neither were restricted FA

Farve and Shapper were unrestricted free agents. This year the majority of players are restricted. Due to labor issues I mentioned earlier.

And as I mentioned before, this year is much different than last. There isn't one player out there than can make us be a playoff team. Plus it seems the only way to "upgrade" is by trading a high draft pick.

Thanks for attempting to mock me.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Mar 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM ]

Farve and Shapper were unrestricted free agents. This year the majority of players are restricted. Due to labor issues I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for attempting to mock me.[/quote]

Come on. Dont make me feel like a jerk. Cuba was talking about FA in general, I just took your statement as a general statement about FA.

As a side note, wasn't Sing the one that didn't want to draft Willis? Good thing he is leading the charge.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 10, 2010 at 8:10 PM ]
gm & coach gotta be hand in hand for the team to grow in one direction seems like that chemistry is coming together good s**t
Share 49ersWebzone