LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Plummer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone have the video of Gary Plummer hitting a Buffalo running back at the goal line which caused a turnover the Niners ran back? I forgot what year that was but remember that hit cause it seemed like Plummer Torpedoed the dude.
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
Does anyone have the video of Gary Plummer hitting a Buffalo running back at the goal line which caused a turnover the Niners ran back? I forgot what year that was but remember that hit cause it seemed like Plummer Torpedoed the dude.

Damn, you remember that? That was F'n amazing! 1995.
I dont have the link but I believe Lee Woodall ran the fumble back for a TD!!!!!
Originally posted by 9erObsession:

That was awesome . . . I remember it was a Sunday Night ESPN game at the stick. Somebody here found it on Youtube once . . . can't seem to find it.
After Jeff Wilkins hit a 20-yard field goal to tie the game at 10 all, the Bills drove the length of the field and were about to go in for the go ahead score, but a Plummer caused the missle launch fumble got picked up by Lee Woodall and returned 96 yards for a TD, and the Niners never looked back. Five turnovers didn't help the Bills get back into the game.
that was such a nice hit
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
I dont have the link but I believe Lee Woodall ran the fumble back for a TD!!!!!

You mean Evander Holyfield?
Have the whole game on VHS, but unfortunately no time to do a video transfer. Just too busy with work and the kids.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
Have the whole game on VHS, but unfortunately no time to do a video transfer. Just too busy with work and the kids.

Record the hit with your digital camera.
I remember that was on MNF and that hit and TD changed the whole game around for the Niners!

Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:

That is probaly one of my best remembered plays.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I remember that was on MNF and that hit and TD changed the whole game around for the Niners!

I think it was the Sunday night game...
The guy Gary Plummer hit in the SNF game in 1995 was Derrick Holmes of the Bills based off of memory. I was 9 years old and at the time it was the longest defensive return for a TD in SF history. I believe he broke Alvin Randolph's record for 96 yards back in the 60's for a TD.
Definately one of the all time great plays in 49er history.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
The guy Gary Plummer hit in the SNF game in 1995 was Derrick Holmes of the Bills based off of memory. I was 9 years old and at the time it was the longest defensive return for a TD in SF history. I believe he broke Alvin Randolph's record for 96 yards back in the 60's for a TD.

Smells like someone googled. That's an awful lot for a 9 year old to remember from a Sunday Night regular season game. Not only to remember who he actually hit but to know that it was an SF franchise record and know the details of Alvin Randolph's record from the 60's? Come on now...
Share 49ersWebzone