There are 141 users in the forums

Balmer, R. Smith, Robinson, Jones, Wragge, Snyder

Shop Find 49ers gear online
These fools are not guaranteeed a roster spot this season. They better step up especially that bust Balmer and scrub Brandon Jones.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
These fools are not guaranteeed a roster spot this season. They better step up especially that bust Balmer and scrub Brandon Jones.

wow, scrub Brandon Jones, Im going on a limb, but he is better than WZ Fanboy Jason Hill who neds to step up and stop getting injured every TC.

As for others, Snyder is starter till we bring someone else in.

Smith is worth a spot, he can be a CB or FS.

Balmer is not a bust he needs PT he hasnt been given any major PT.

Robinson I might agree with if we get Leon Washington or CJ Spiller

as for Wragge we have no other quality backup at OG, so till we do get one, he stays and he is better than David Baas, who hasnt proven to worth the 33rd pick in 05.
OK, I'll let them know.
balmer...f**k him. Total bust imo.

Snyder keep as back up same and wragge.

Smith should stay I don;t get why we dont get him to do punts he was a beast in college for them
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
balmer...f**k him. Total bust imo.

Snyder keep as back up same and wragge.

Smith should stay I don;t get why we dont get him to do punts he was a beast in college for them

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

wow, scrub Brandon Jones, Im going on a limb, but he is better than WZ Fanboy Jason Hill who neds to step up and stop getting injured every TC.

as for Wragge we have no other quality backup at OG, so till we do get one, he stays and he is better than David Baas, who hasnt proven to worth the 33rd pick in 05.

Brilliant!

Some football knowledge here on this site is second to none....
  • cools
  • Veteran
Balmer,
Improved alot in '09, but probably a wasted pick, he's one of those DL's who may start to play well and be a starter after 5+ years in the league,
The injury will set him back, I wouldnt expect much from him this year

R. Smith,
I think he will be the defensive surprise of camp, Injuries also have slowed his progress, but he's capable of being a good saftey

Robinson,
ST Captain, what he does on offense, which wont be much.. doesnt really matter, nothing wrong with having a couple guys who just play special teams

Jones,
Bonehead FA pickup, but too expensive for us to cut, hopefully he gets some action, but i dont expect he will, I think J'Hill will take that 3rd spot and we may even see D'Walker more as a slot WR, It would be great if we could trade him and unload that contract, but I doubt any team would

Wragge,
played well for us in the past, but when Chilo and Baas struggled last year
and he didnt get any PT, that made it pretty clear that the coaches have lost confidence in him, I'd bet a dollar that Puente or a draft pick takes his spot

Snyder ,
he was bad, but you learn from experience, Im ok with him backing up our OG's
and as an emergency OT
[ Edited by cools on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM ]
I'm a fan of B.Jones.

I think he has potential.

the rest ...
i'm pulling for reggie smith.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The fact that Pashos left means Snyder will be a 49er in 2009. Wragge will fight off Wallace for the OG/OC role.

Roster looks a little thin so cant get rid of guys with no decent option to take there place. Jones was a terrible pickup and probably wont be in SF after this season. Balmer plays soft but doesnt he just look like one of those guys that have a probowl year coincide with a contract year? Yeah then disapperars as fast as he showed up
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Roster looks a little thin so cant get rid of guys with no decent option to take there place. Jones was a terrible pickup and probably wont be in SF after this season. Balmer plays soft but doesnt he just look like one of those guys that have a probowl year coincide with a contract year? Yeah then disapperars as fast as he showed up

Yes
Balmer could still develop into a solid 3-4 Lineman, this year could be the year he contributes and earns more PT...I hope, but if he struggles in training camp I wouldnt be surprised to see the team add another lineman to light a fire under his ass, Demetric Evans is not a 3-4 lineman and not a threat to take PT away from Balmer
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I'm no huge Hill fan but Jones is a compete waste of time and money. 5.5 million for him last year. That was a terrible signing. I agree with everything else you said.
calling Scot McCLOWN. Yo, scotty, you have been here 5 yrs, and these are the guys drafted on your watch that we kept? Whew, I think i'd be looking in the want ads for another job, scot, because you put together a team like this any longer, and you will be outta here. Actually, this list is an embarrassment...and still we don't have an OL that can protect our QB. Good grief.
Share 49ersWebzone