LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Which former #1 pick has been a bigger disappointment?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which former #1 pick has been a bigger disappointment?

• GORO
  • Veteran
Alex Smith lost two years due to injuries and had his best year last year. Carr looked okay to me his last year as a starter in Houston.

But I like this move. If Alex struggles or gets hurt maybe Carr will be a good option. As much as I like Shaun Hill, he didnot look good last year.
Originally posted by GORO:
Alex Smith lost two years due to injuries and had his best year last year. Carr looked okay to me his last year as a starter in Houston.

But I like this move. If Alex struggles or gets hurt maybe Carr will be a good option. As much as I like Shaun Hill, he didnot look good last year.

I can see why the Niners wanted to sign Carr as our backup. Hill is a gamer but has the arm of 13 year old girl. Everytime a team plays us with Hill at QB they stack 8 in the box because they know he can't throw it farther than 15 yards in the arm without looking like a wounded duck. We need someone who can make the downfield throws if Smith goes down. No worries though, one more year of this crap and Davis will take over.
WHAT A DEPRESSING POST FOR 49ER FANS.
The niners did this to themselves. Alex may end up saving his career. Carr might start to play better. But man, the niners walked straight into this one.

• Paul
  • Veteran
Carr had some good numbers and actually had the Texans on a winning streak before they released him. He's not a bust, just didn't meet expectations. I'm glad we signed him, there's potential there.
Alex. Cause he was our #1 pick...
JaMarcus
As of right now it's Carr because Smith still has a chance to have a future with the team that drafted him.

After week 5 though it will probally be a tie. Both of these guys are going to be the worse kind of busts. Ones that costs you 5-6 years of your life. I prefer busts like Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf because at least they flame out early and allow you to move on.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Alex. Cause he was our #1 pick...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Even I voted David Carr, but I have more faith in him than Alex Smith.

Carr still has better numbers than Alex. hahaha
(*Sigh) Wheres Jake Locker when u need em. Somebody save us (preferably a QB)
Maybe I'm dreaming but I think the narrative on Alex will be much different next year at this time. Especially if we can get him another weapon on offense and upgrade the OL with those 2 1st round picks.
Definitely Carr.
  • RedAndGOLDson49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by marshniners24:
neither...jurys still out on both...
Agree lol All on you Smith make or Break Year
Share 49ersWebzone