There are 293 users in the forums

David's Carr Needs a Mechanic.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Seriously?!?!?!?!!

aight, Im game....what was the reasoning behind signing Carr?!?!?!?!?! Is he the Damon Huard this season?????

Well I'm all for getting rid of shaun hill, I have been the biggest anti hill guy for a while.

That being said, it would be funny if hill stayed and beat out carr and Smitty in the offseason. (i know there is no competition, but if alex comes out looking s**tty im sure the coaches would make the change)

I also think hill will be used as trade bait.

Really...

Just low end trade bait, like a 5th rounder or something. (nice sarcasm btw, it makes things run much smoother here @ the webzone.)

Nobody would trade for Shaun Hill.
Lets not assume he will automatically be handed the #2 QB Job, Nate Davis may have a say in this .....Pre Season is going to be fun
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for SoCal9ers.
this signing has every thing to do with pushing the starter!
I'd rather have Carr than Hill as our backup. I say the signing is a plus but i don't think he's an improvement over Smith.

Smith >< Carr
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
I'd rather have Carr than Hill as our backup. I say the signing is a plus but i don't think he's an improvement over Smith.

Smith >< Carr

We don't need to be pushing Alex, it's time to let him and everyone else know that he is definitely the starter.

Smith >< Carr

We don't need to be pushing Alex, it's time to let him and everyone else know that he is definitely the starter.

QB competition will definitely be huge in pre season. you can bet on that!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Smith >< Carr

I thought Alex is already named the starter.
Originally posted by susweel:

Smith >< Carr

we'll definitely know the truth to that statement once pre season comes around. I highly doubt they'll hand over the starting job without taking a look at Carr to see what he can do.
f**k David Carr
Nice quote from the Chronicle, "Apparently his practice sessions with the Giants started to make noise around the league."

Smart move by the 9ers, since Smith has been injury prone with his shoulder. Isn't Smith in his last year too.

May be they brought Carr in, to be Nate Davis' back up next year
Originally posted by susweel:

Smith >< Carr

As of now... yes, but Singletary is ALWAYS cryptic regarding this subject (specially seeing those last two mediocre performances of the season, overshadowed by a productive QB rating). -Coining the indirect phrase: "We're always willing to upgrade at every position."

Not to mention Nate Davis is also in the running for the #2 spot (according to Maiocco's knowledge on the inside), they would love to see Nate Davis seize that spot during training camp, specially since he's Mike Johnson's boy (and possibly a future starter down the road).

Originally posted by Chief:
Who is with me, David Carr should start?

NO HE SHOULDN'T
Originally posted by djfullshred:
In a division that is there for the taking, it's a nice gesture for the 49ers to keep making moves that keeps it fair for the other struggling NFC West teams.

Well said.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
In a division that is there for the taking, it's a nice gesture for the 49ers to keep making moves that keeps it fair for the other struggling NFC West teams.

Well said.

I think the magic word this year is consistency. Carr brings more consistency to the offense than does Hill.

Scenario: It's training camp and Hill is the QB with the 2's.

A deep out is called because Raye wants us to practice it more. Hill flutters the ball for a pick and the receiver and the timing of the offense doesn't get good practice for the play.
Carr comes in and executes plays similar to Alex Smith where the WR's, OL, RB's and Offense keep continuity of how they want it executed in a game.

If our starting QB is locked, then continuity for the other players in the offense is vital. No different than a City using the exact same program from pop warner through High School. The execution carries over without as much re-teaching.

who wants to bet this thread gets over 75 pages by Training Camp?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

who wants to bet this thread gets over 75 pages by Training Camp?

It will most likely turn into an Alex Smith thread and get merged which in turn practically puts the Smith thread near 400...

...eh, the way Alex Smith gets pushed by nonamers, a QB Competition will arise and this will be merged in a QB Competition thread.
Share 49ersWebzone